Need a new vape, after 4 years of daily SOLO usage

Jhonny

I'm using a SOLO since march 2012 and I think it's time to try something else, but not sure I am :lol:
I'm still very satisfied with my solo, it never failed to medicate me (and I dropped it many times...), I use it at home and outdoors since 4 years on a daily base. The battery still lasts for at least 6-7 (12min) sessions.

I hear many good things about the vapor quality of the crafty/mighty, but I also know that the new Solos have been improved since I have bought mine (M107 with stainless steel heating element). I have no opportunity to test a new solo to compare with mine, nor to try a Mighty/Crafty. All my friends are smokers...

Are the improvements that have been made on newer models of the solo worth to buy another solo, or should I better buy a Crafty/mighty to make a new experience? What do you guys (and girls) think??

The M107 seemed to be the best Solo model when I bought mine in 2012. I don't remember why, I think it was because of the stainless steel heater???

I'm just interested on vapor quality of herbs, not on things like battery life, using while charging, cleaning, portability etc

As for the prices I can get the solo for 180$, the Crafty for 270$, Mighty for 305$.

If I had the money I would buy 2 new vapes, a backup Solo (or an air) and a Mighty/Crafty :)

Shrinks

Enjoy Responsibly
I'd definitely look more into the Air. I'm actually watching some review videos on it right now and it seems like what the Solo should've been in the first place. That and it's very efficient with better air flow too. The difference in vape quality isn't very noticeable from what I've researched, as they're both GoG and Solo's stems can be used for the Air. The Air also comes with a plastic tipped short stem as well.

I'm not familiar with the Mighty/Crafty but I've heard nothing but good things about the Mighty, labelled as desktop replacement portable. I've seen some people running into functional issues with their Crafty's, but not so much so with the 2015 models. A lot of people are very happy with their higher-end vapes. Just depends if you want to pay the price difference. You can find an Air for $170, which is cheaper than the Crafty/Mighty but experience less vapor quality than the two.

I'd watch Vape Critic's videos on all three on Youtube and see what interests you the most. He really advocates for the Crafty/Mighty and the Plenty as well, and he vapor tests each product too. I don't have any personal experiences with any of these vapes sans possibly the Air soon, so all this is just what I've found based on forum posts, reddit posts, review videos, and word of mouth.

Good luck!

Shrinks,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
What about testing a convection portable for a much welcome change? It would complement your Solo rather than replace it.

Besides, 2016 will see a crop of new "on demand" (or near on demand) convection portables, so you will have plenty to chose from.

Crafty and Mighty are not fully convection but still have a good amount of it. You got the Elevape Smart Vape, which has a strange form factor but users like it a lot. The Firefly 1 had rather weak batteries but the Firefly 2 is scheduled soon and will improve on that aspect. You got the newly released Firewood 3, which from what I read is a great improvement compared to the 2.1 that I own. Then...

...you got my current personal favorite, the RBT Zion which is just awesome, as hard as a desktop vape but without the power cord. And the upcoming (should be in a few weeks) RBT Milaana which will be smaller and easier on your wallet, but perhaps slightly more technical to use (can overdo it!) Last but not least, I invite you to check the Venus Appolo, made in Europe and using a halogen heater, there's no review yet but it will definitely be one of the hot vapes to watch this year.

I would recommend one of the last 3, just for the fact they use standard 18650 cells, and well... the wood... I thought I didn't care, but I grew tired of modern materials in my vapes... The ESV and FF2 have a plastic mouthpiece I think, the Mighty and Crafty have way more plastic everywhere. The FW3, Zi, Mi and Apo are all wood, glass and stainless steel, the most noble materials in my eyes. But YMMV etc...

Top Bottom