Narrowed it down (sorta) to 4... Storm, Spirit, Arizer Air, Pax 2 - help!

CheshireeeCat

Hi guys, following on from my previous thread I've had more of a look into my options and narrowed it down a bit.

Recap; I want something relatively inconspicuous and attractive. I've got small hands so something slim is nicer for me to hold comfortably too. I want it to withstand a handbag or pocket and have easy to replace parts that may break or wear out.

If you own or have tried any of the below, please could you provide an idea of what you do and don't like about it? I've checked out YouTube vids but feel they're still quite bias towards the products and the comments end up being full of bickering... Thanks so, so much in advance!!!

1) Storm by Storm £75.
So many accessories available, replaceable battery, looks simple to use and ressembles a tobacco vape so quite stealthy but maybe smelly once finished with. Cheap?

2) Spirit by Storm £109.
Replaceable battery, less stealthy due to digital screen but seems to look like it'll smell less after use due to more sealed chamber. Kinda ugly lol.

3) Pax 2 £130.
Looks great and super stealthy, like the quirky lip sensor but heard it's a drainer on the bud and battery can't be replaced very easily it seems, unless I try soldering... (pointless choosing the older model over the 3 maybe?)

4) Arizer Air £149.
Lots of accessories, replacement battery again, stealthy ish, looks nice but worried about mouth pieces and smell (as above, pointless going for this not the 2?)

:)

CheshireeeCat,
Reactions: KC2K

blackstone

There might be less smellier ways of ingesting thc in certain areas than herb vapes, especially of the conduction based type.
But if smell is a massive consideration, sometimes the sealed convection system of the Mighty seems to help, but it looks big, so there's almost always a compromise or balance so far.
You can find sealed convection based vapes a bit cheaper like Weecke Fenix.
But I can't vouch for that model, or the Alternate either.
This sealed convection based type can also be capped with a little rubber end cap, almost eliminating release of smells without really needing a special bag etc.

All the ones you've chosen would be a great introduction, I think the Pax 2 should give you the least trouble and stand up to vigorous treatment as you learn the best ways of cleaning the vapes.
But the intake being near the oven does let warm smell out so you learn to choose where you use it wisely.

As for the Pax 3, if saving herbs is a matter, the half pack lid is recommended to buy with the Pax 2 while it's included with the Pax 3 Full package, so you do have to consider this when weighing up the other Pax 3 benefits for the actual price difference.
Fast heat up time is good if your trying to sneak off for a quick few moments!
Both Pax units can be capped with end caps to contain aroma, and both can be used with a taco spacer screen along with the half pack lid to make a quarter pack. I think you might do just as well with Pax 2 as a 3 really??!
And there is an aftermarket capsule system now available to help add to the discreet vibe!

Grabbing seemingly lower-aroma hits in social settings could be becoming more possible with on demand convection type units.
Notable units worth looking into would be the HealthyRips Fury 2, and the upcoming Haze Square for a type of palm sized discreet, fast operation.
But these 2 models have yet to earn the reliability record of some Arizer or Pax products. So it's always a tough choice!

Hope I helped somewhat! Good luck with yer new vape!

blackstone,

little maggie

The only one I've owned is the Air. The resistance was too much for me. I gave it and the solo away. I believe that the resistance is improved in the air 2 so you might consider that if you decide on an arizer.
I've already made my recommendations on your original thread so I'm not going to repeat them. I haven't been following the Haze Square but if it's close to being released that would be a good one to consider. I had a Haze before I rehomed it and it was a good vape. Too big for what you want now but the square might not be. I just prefer handmade on demand vapes.

little maggie,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The Air is a good portable unit. I like the various glass mouthpieces and often settle on the 14 gong as either a connection to my bubbler or just as a very short stem for more stealthy vaping. You can't completely cover it with your hand, but it does slip in a pocket well and the stems can be pre-loaded and covered with the included rubber caps. I've also used it with the tiny little stem/bubbler combo pieces from dhgate or a hydrotube and find them very enjoyable with the Air.

If you keep your glass stems clean then you will keep any odor to a minimum. I wouldn't say my unit smells at all. Draw resistance is much better now than in older models.

One of the things that most impressed me recently was the long lasting 18650 battery. I went on a three day camping trip and brought the Air fully charged. I figured I'd get about halfway through the weekend before having to switch over to a torch vape. Well it was like a miracle. I had 2-3 long sessions per day and the little bastard still had power when I got back home.

Haven't used any of the others. Of course you realize there are more formative options if you are wanting to have a plug-in unit to use primarily at home. Then I would recommend a log vape such as the e-nano. Portables are great for on-the-go or when you want to switch things up at home.

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,

blackstone

The Air is a good portable unit. I like the various glass mouthpieces and often settle on the 14 gong as either a connection to my bubbler or just as a very short stem for more stealthy vaping. You can't completely cover it with your hand, but it does slip in a pocket well and the stems can be pre-loaded and covered with the included rubber caps. I've also used it with the tiny little stem/bubbler combo pieces from dhgate or a hydrotube and find them very enjoyable with the Air.

If you keep your glass stems clean then you will keep any odor to a minimum. I wouldn't say my unit smells at all. Draw resistance is much better now than in older models.

One of the things that most impressed me recently was the long lasting 18650 battery. I went on a three day camping trip and brought the Air fully charged. I figured I'd get about halfway through the weekend before having to switch over to a torch vape. Well it was like a miracle. I had 2-3 long sessions per day and the little bastard still had power when I got back home.

Haven't used any of the others. Of course you realize there are more formative options if you are wanting to have a plug-in unit to use primarily at home. Then I would recommend a log vape such as the e-nano. Portables are fine for on-the-go or when you want to switch things up at home.

To finish my post above, I was going to add to not rule out the Air!
That's just based on my experience with Solo but it's hard to fully rule out many of the other vapes mentioned too I guess.

I'm really sold on an Air 2 lately, I like the black but think I'd like a third color to choose from too besides blue!

Remember, if you buy an OG Air or Solo now there's a slight chance you could get extra lucky and you'll get new design bowl grooves in the end of your bowl!
(you could ask/check with retailer about this?)

blackstone,

elykpeace

exVASted
I agree with @blackstone Check out the @HealthyRips.com fury 2. It's like 12 shipping to eu and pretty dang stealthy
s521998654532965957_p22_i2_w640.jpeg

I bought one about a month ago now I think .. 150 usd and it's my go to portable

sNc

I own a Pax 3 and my first vape was a Storm...

The Storm is great if you are on a budget as a first introduction to portable vaping..however if you're seriously getting into vaping then go higher in price on your options as there is a big difference of performance, experience and technology even between the Spirit and Storm for example.

The Pax 3 is hard to beat on stealth and is pretty solid in terms of performance and herb consumption when used with half pack oven lid.
It does smell after use more from the mouthpiece area IME (I just use a RYOT case to hide it and an ISO wipe if I'm feeling extra cautious)

Pax 2 is at great price point right now for a first portable vape tbh...longer heating time and lesser battery capacity/performance..doesn't have the app, half pack lid or concentrate chamber...but does everything just as well as the 3 in terms of vaporising your herbs.

10 year warranty and awesome customer support from Pax is a huge plus also.

sNc,

CheshireeeCat

Thanks all.

Went for the Spirit and used the 10% off code. Think it sounded best in terms of value vs usability for myself and is hopefully a good, cheap starting point. There is much out there about it, so may pop a review somewhere on here once I've had a chance to try it out. Eagerly awaiting delivery, hoped to have it today but no such luck - expecting it tomorrow though!!!

Thanks for everyone's help and input, really appreciated :love:

sNc

Let us know what you think of it!...have been considering the Spirit as a back up piece to go alongside my Pax3 but may end up getting an IQ instead....happy vaping!

KC2K

Glad you got it sorted @CheshireeeCat, hope you enjoy your experiences with it... I'm sure you will :D

I was in your boat and didn't know anyone with a vaporiser but took the plunge myself with out these guys. 6 Months on and perhaps I wish I had of the found this place before buying. Saying that the Deluxe is an ok vape, I just have different needs now. Hoping very soon to have a Mighty and a vapcap Ti.

Again, enjoy. I think most people recommend doing a few blind heat ups to get rid of factory oils etc... no one wants to vape that shizzle ;)

KC2K

Glad you got it sorted @CheshireeeCat, hope you enjoy your experiences with it... I'm sure you will :D

I was in your boat and didn't know anyone with a vaporiser but took the plunge myself with out these guys. 6 Months on and perhaps I wish I had of the found this place before buying. Saying that the Deluxe is an ok vape, I just have different needs now. Hoping very soon to have a Mighty and a vapcap Ti.

Again, enjoy. I think most people recommend doing a few blind heat ups to get rid of factory oils etc... no one wants to vape that shizzle ;)

Edit: Maybe I should do a review of the Crater Deluxe? I know they're trying to break into the American market...

KC2K,

blackstone

Nice one, and there's a chance it could be a more sealed design than a Pax so more discreet, who knows.
In case you didn't know, the multi-brand brother of the Spirit is the Xmax Starry V2, and the Starry is the one that has a thread here on FC which contains discussion about the Spirit and other vapes that same shape.
It's here:http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/x-max-starry.24267/

Many happy sessions to you!

blackstone,
Reactions: sNc
Top Bottom