My vaporizer doesn't get as hot as it used to...maybe

k6429

I just got some Blue Dream (supposedly), and for some reason it won't vape well until my temp is set at like 240-250. The last stuff I had vaped at about 210-215. So I'm not sure if my vape isn't working right, and it just happened to mess up RIGHT when I got a new stash, or if maybe Blue Dream vapes at a higher temp? I feel like when I touch the whip near the heating rod at 210 that it doesn't feel as hot as it used to, but I'm not sure. SO the question is: How can I recalibrate my vape, or, does Blue Dream vape at higher temps than other strains? OR is it maybe just that this stash is more moist??? I mean it works fine at 250, I'm just wondering. coo.

k6429,

lepstadder

It could be more moist, if the stems dont snap its not dry enough

It could not have as high an essential oil content as your previous material

It could be your vape

lepstadder,

george

Well if it works at 250, i'm betting your vape is fine.

Why don't you leave a nug out to get dry, then see how it works when its really dry.

george,

max

Out to lunch
Just to avoid misleading anyone, the temp range that's giving you success, 240-250 C, is actually beyond combustion. You can use those numbers as a reference, but they're not the real temps involved.

max,

k6429

aha. so then i would assume it's the vape. or too moist...ill mess with it.

k6429,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
k6429 said:
aha. so then i would assume it's the vape. or too moist...ill mess with it.

You haven't told us which vaporizer you're using. For example, the Extreme display temperature is probably 10 or 15 degrees C higher than at the surface of the load. The simplest reason for the difference and the easiest one to check is the moistness of the herb.

pakalolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Alas, I hate to be the one breaking the news but the Noble is one of several brand names slapped on a cheap generic made-in-China box. It is therefore entirely possible your unit is faulty. They aren't known to be particularly reliable, and there is no warranty support. As far as I know, they aren't really user repairable either, and I haven't seen anything clarifying whether they have been manufactured with safe materials or in a safe manner.

These machines can get the job done and there are satisfied users, but if you are serious about vaporizing then you will be better off getting a better quality device as soon as you can.

pakalolo,

k6429

I think I fixed it. The heat rod was just kind of loose, and it got nudged down. I pushed up on it and now it works at 210-215 again...or maybe the dank just got dry...lol. Who knows. I got it cheap from a friend so I'm not too worried about it. Thanks.

k6429,

k6429

UPDATE:

yeah the damn bud was just too wet. it's dried now and vapes at 200.

k6429,
Top Bottom