my torch died, whats a good one

stinkytofus

my honest torch from sticky bricks died, i was using zippo butane fuel, maybe it has impurities that caused the lighter to stop working? thinking of changing to colibri + a new lighter

do these lighters last forever? i used maybe 1/2 year and previous owner maybe less than 1/2 so at most it has 1 year of usage, daily maybe 10-20 times i fire it up

does it has certain fire xxxx amount of times and then dies ? like for example 5000 times you can light it up ?

if these lights lasts forever, no coil/wire to replace, then will simply changing to colibri fix it?

will those double/triple flame jets be too strong?

thanks

stinkytofus,
Reactions: JCharles

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
No torch can last forever but in my experience the single flame Honest is one of the more reliable and long lasting. I use them for all my butane vapes and I had only one dying in a couple of years.
Super dirty butane (like Ronson) is definitely going to shorten your torch lifespan but you don't need to buy the expensive 10x refined that cigar smokers put on their 1k Dupont lighter...

TrashPanda666

Know I'm probably gonna get a bunch of crap for this but go to home Depot or Lowe's they both carry it and for less than $50 you can get a bernzomatic torch head good for map gas or propane, a 4 ft hose and tank of gas. Map gas is $9, propane is $3 and gets hot enough to heat my time nail in 10 seconds. Good enough for a plumber to solder with.

TrashPanda666,

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Whats the cleanest fuel u have used ? I am thinking of picking up colibri

I use Flame Club butane because I can find it very cheap locally in all my torches including a couple of big kitchen ones.

Good enough for a plumber to solder with.

They work very good to heat stuff fast but would be definitely an overkill for Vapcaps/Vapmans/Sticky Bricks. Sometimes I use a smallish propane torch I have at work to heat my Omnivap but even at the lowest setting it can keep the heating times are crazy fast and IMHO the flavor is not so good and the vapor somehow harsher.

The Beagle,

TrashPanda666

As long as your heating your nail to red or almost red as a bench mark and counting back to dial in your hit temp it shouldn't matter what your heating it with taste wise it's not like your breathing the fuel in like on a pipe or bong.
*Edit*
Just looked up what you guys are talking about and that is no rig haha never used one of these little units before looks cool you just put your oil in the metal part heat and puff?

TrashPanda666,
Reactions: The Beagle

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Just looked up what you guys are talking about and that is no rig haha never used one of these little units before looks cool you just put your oil in the metal part heat and puff?

They are all primarily dry herb vapes. You can use concentrates in them as well but I would not recommend one as a device mainly used for oils and such.

The Beagle,

Danksta

The silver one from Bed Bath and Beyond. You can return it when it dies. I just did. Keep the box and receipt to make the exchange easier. One payment of $30 gets you a torch with a LIFETIME warranty.

It's also a kick ass torch! :evil:

TrashPanda666

Nice!!∆ I like your style! And that's like a creme brulee torch? Might I ask is this contraption to be used on the go and could it be heated with something smaller like a xikar cigar lighter?

TrashPanda666,

Danksta

Nice!!∆ I like your style! And that's like a creme brulee torch? Might I ask is this contraption to be used on the go and could it be heated with something smaller like a xikar cigar lighter?

It is a creme brulee torch. I can't imagine using anything smaller for dabbing.

Danksta,

TrashPanda666

Yeah that's more what I was thinking only my xicar holds a bit more fluid comes in a Homer proof rubberized coating (doh!) And is made to function even above 10000 ft elevation not small enough to fit in a case but small enough to fit in the pocket.

P.s. idk where you are but if there are any head shops near you that are a chain (i.e. multiple locations) often they have agreements with lighter manufacturers like collibri and vector to change out broken ones no questions asked bc their so easy for the manufacturer to repair.

TrashPanda666,
Top Bottom