My next Portable and Home Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korben

Thrilled
I currently have two vaporizers and I really enjoy both. For home I have an LSV now with PNWT and a PAX for travel. Like I said I like them both but variety is a great think and I just want to try different things. I have been looking for a new portable mainly but you can never have to many at home either.

For the new portable I was looking at the following and truly cant decide:

Pinnacle Pro (will probably use mainly for flowers though)
Ascent
Firewood
Cera (loose leaf)
Solo

I am mainly concerned with portability and vapor quality (As is everyone else I suppose). Really would like a pocket size model (one reason I am not sold on the Solo).

For home I have no clue I have only used my LSV. I love my LSV but would like other options too. I have looked at the following

Herbalizer (I would put in for a preorder)
Volcano digital
EQ
MiniVap - I know this is actually portable but I would use it as a home unit if I had it.
SSV/DBV: I know they have the same internals as my LSV (so they are at the bottom)

For home I am looking for something "different." Again Vapor quality and taste are important as always too.

I know this is a lot of personal preference but just looking for some help. T

This is a Great Forum.

Tweek

Here are my thoughts:

Cera. Forget it. Thing looks like a boner in your pocket...it is just too heavy IMO. Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful in a way, and quality built...but discreet it is not. Everyone will wonder what the long, hard white thing is you are sucking on. The LL care is ok if you are a light to medium light vapor user. If you like heavy, thick hits, it just won't do it for you.

Ascent is still going through some growing pains. So if you want one now...it's risky. It still needs some time to prove itself. You could take the risk and test it out...but you might end up with a lemon. Maybe a winner...do you want to gamble right now?

Solo has a solid rep. Nice taste due to the glass stem. Produces nice clouds! I always looked at it as my mini SSV. about the size of a redbull, it is not pocket friendly. You might also want to buy a wood stem...the glass can break easily.

Firewood. Have not used. I hear good things...but I don't think it is as heavy a hitter as Solo. Perhaps a user of both can chime in?

Home use.

Forget Volcano. I have one, and it's not worth the clams, man. They are ok priced used, but outdated compared to what you can get now. I am not a fan of the vapor either...found it dry and irritating. Bags get stale. Quality built though. Like a tank.

If you have an LSV, don't bother with SSV/DBV. It will feel like much of the same.

Herbalizer. Now this one is interesting. Lots of high tech features and getting some rave reviews...question is: Do you need those features? If not, you can save alot of money. Also, if you pre order, you run the risk of getting a buggy unit, or an outright failure...being a first adopter is not an easy ride.

MiniVap. Have not used, but people who have it, love it. Looks like a powerhouse in a portable sense...but honestly, for the price difference (battery version of MV), I would personally take the Herbalizer. Minivap looks a bit boring to me as a unit, when compared to what is out there now in that price range and below. But that's just my opinion. There is apparently a new version coming out as well, so you might want to wait and see how it develops.

There is also a version without battery that is cheaper...but I always thought the portability of the Minivap is what made it really cool

EQ...haven't used it, but seems popular. I guess it's a decent option if you want bags.

Are you open to other suggestions?

Last edited:

clouded vision

the LSV is a great home unit and rather than getting another home unit I would consider a nice piece of glass that is more suited to it than the PNWT is before another home unit.

For a portable, the PN pro is getting some great reviews but I love my solo and so do most people that try it. You could also check out the Tvape which is very easily pocketed and is very cheap on eBay right now. You could probably get the Tvape, a home unit and a nice piece of glass and stay under budget of some of your other choices.

clouded vision,
Reactions: Korben

Korben

Thrilled
Great Points.

Has anyone tried the Pinnacle PRO?

The Firewood seems interesting but the Solo seems like the solid bet.

I could get a minivap and essentially have a home and semi portable unit that is an all around champ.

The herbalizer room cleaning feature seems really interesting and using it to freshen the place would be interesting if possible when not in use.

Decisions Decisions.

the LSV is a great home unit and rather than getting another home unit I would consider a nice piece of glass that is more suited to it than the PNWT is before another home unit.

For a portable, the PN pro is getting some great reviews but I love my solo and so do most people that try it. You could also check out the Tvape which is very easily pocketed and is very cheap on eBay right now. You could probably get the Tvape, a home unit and a nice piece of glass and stay under budget of some of your other choices.

I have been asking for good glass recommendations for the LSV and saw the PNWT deal and decided to jump on it. Do you have any glass recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
Korben,

clouded vision

yea I heard about that deal. glass suggestions are very subjective. For my LSV I like a mid sized tube with moderate diffusion like a single honeycomb perc because I like big clouds. Some will say a honeycomb is to much for vapor because you will lose some taste but for me the larger hits I can take makes up for it. Really though if you find a quality piece (not cheap Chinese glass) that really appeals to you then that's the one to get. just remember with vapor you really don't need a large elaborate piece with lots of different percs.

Korben

Thrilled
yea I heard about that deal. glass suggestions are very subjective. For my LSV I like a mid sized tube with moderate diffusion like a single honeycomb perc because I like big clouds. Some will say a honeycomb is to much for vapor because you will lose some taste but for me the larger hits I can take makes up for it. Really though if you find a quality piece (not cheap Chinese glass) that really appeals to you then that's the one to get. just remember with vapor you really don't need a large elaborate piece with lots of different percs.

Well now that you mention it I have found a couple pieces I really like at least the look but would like to know how you think they would pair with the LSV. I have never had a Glass Piece before the PNWT so I have zero experience.

They are:

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...gy-18-mm-cricket-perc-bubbler-platinum-2.html

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...ogy-glass-single-shower-rig-set-platinum.html

I really just like the look of the Pyrology.

Possibly

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...0-mm-stemless-bubbler-with-stereo-matrix.html

Korben,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I currently have two vaporizers and I really enjoy both. For home I have an LSV now with PNWT and a PAX for travel. Like I said I like them both but variety is a great think and I just want to try different things. I have been looking for a new portable mainly but you can never have to many at home either.

For the new portable I was looking at the following and truly cant decide:

Pinnacle Pro (will probably use mainly for flowers though)
Ascent
Firewood
Cera (loose leaf)
Solo

I am mainly concerned with portability and vapor quality (As is everyone else I suppose). Really would like a pocket size model (one reason I am not sold on the Solo).

For home I have no clue I have only used my LSV. I love my LSV but would like other options too. I have looked at the following

Herbalizer (I would put in for a preorder)
Volcano digital
EQ
MiniVap - I know this is actually portable but I would use it as a home unit if I had it.
SSV/DBV: I know they have the same internals as my LSV (so they are at the bottom)

For home I am looking for something "different." Again Vapor quality and taste are important as always too.

I know this is a lot of personal preference but just looking for some help. T

This is a Great Forum.
SOLO ^^+1 !!!:rockon::tup::clap::nod::peace:

Snappo,
Reactions: Korben

Korben

Thrilled

- looked at the T-Vape seems like a great design. Is it me or does the 370-420 seem just a little on the high end maybe. Also, using "420" seems to be asking for trouble... just a little.

Korben,

max

Out to lunch
- looked at the T-Vape seems like a great design. Is it me or does the 370-420 seem just a little on the high end maybe. Also, using "420" seems to be asking for trouble... just a little.
You mean 420 F is too high? It's on the high end but still about 25 degrees below combustion.

max,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The T-Vape's a sweet buy at around $50 right now on ebay. It's been serving my needs well for the last few months. Also a good vaporizer at a great price to turn people on to vaporizing.(if nothing else that way when I visit they have a vape on hand)

Korben

Thrilled
You mean 420 F is too high? It's on the high end but still about 25 degrees below combustion.

True

The T-Vape's a sweet buy at around $50 right now on ebay. It's been serving my needs well for the last few months. Also a good vaporizer at a great price to turn people on to vaporizing.(if nothing else that way when I visit they have a vape on hand)

You know that isn't a bad idea.

However, I think for my self I would enjoy the Solo it seems to be incredibly well reviewed. The Pax is fine however it is nothing like my LSV with PNWT. I continue to consider the Cera it just looks awful.

Korben,

Bouldorado

Here are my thoughts:

Firewood. Have not used. I hear good things...but I don't think it is as heavy a hitter as Solo. Perhaps a user of both can chime in?

If you have an LSV, don't bother with SSV/DBV. It will feel like much of the same.

Are you open to other suggestions?

I have the firewood now and used to have a solo. Pros and cons of each:

Firewood:
pros:
attractive finish
good build quality
excellent taste
size
shake to stir

cons:
manual temperature control only (hard to use unless your hands are free)
bad for groups
can produce clouds, but is definitely not a heavy hitter
mouthpiece could be better designed

Solo:
pros:
reliable and even vapor production
good taste
mouthpieces easy to load and clean
powerful enough for vape-bonging
decent sized bowl, good for groups
automatic temp. control

cons:
size/weight
glass mouthpieces can be broken (never had an issue with that though)

Korben

Thrilled
I have the firewood now and used to have a solo. Pros and cons of each:

Firewood:
pros:
attractive finish
good build quality
excellent taste
size
shake to stir

cons:
manual temperature control only (hard to use unless your hands are free)
bad for groups
can produce clouds, but is definitely not a heavy hitter
mouthpiece could be better designed

Solo:
pros:
reliable and even vapor production
good taste
mouthpieces easy to load and clean
powerful enough for vape-bonging
decent sized bowl, good for groups
automatic temp. control

cons:
size/weight
glass mouthpieces can be broken (never had an issue with that though)

really am not to concerned with groups will use this primarily on the go. I also have seen the nice wood mouth pieces. I have essentially narrowed my portable choice down to the Solo or the Persei.

Now the next home unit is in question...

Korben,

Kief

Medicated
Now the next home unit is in question...
You could just get the Solo with a power adapter for now, it's easily a contender for a home vape. The Solo may not be the best for fitting in your pocket or for stealth situations, but it has you covered in every other way.... IMO. Both PlanetVape and PuffItUp have great package deals for a Solo & PA together.

green2brown

I previously owned an Ascent and Solo and currently use a PNP. The PNP is easily my favorite portable of the myriad that I've tried. I only have 2 real complaints about it: 1. taste and 2. the bullets. Taste is definitely lacking, as has been detailed in the PNP thread, when compared to the likes of the Solo and Ascent. And the bullets get very hot and can be tricky to swap out on the fly if you're the type of user who will use multiple bullets in a single session. But aside from those 2 flaws, I love it. Lightweight and fits nicely in my front pocket, the battery gives a good 50ish minutes of runtime IME (and I typically use temp 4) which is plenty to get me through the day when a bullet can be finished off in 5 minutes, and it smells noticeably less than other portables on the market, though I'm not entirely sure why/how. Plus, the PNP is very user friendly. My friends have all been able to just pick it up and hit with great success, unlike many portables on the market which have a learning curve. Match the PNP's quality with good pricing (you can find the PNP for under $200 on eBay or currently on Massdrop) and it can't really be beaten.

As for a desktop vape, would you consider the VapeXhale EVO? I've have a Cloud for the past couple years now and wouldn't recommend any other vape over it, of the ones I've tried of course.

Korben

Thrilled
I previously owned an Ascent and Solo and currently use a PNP. The PNP is easily my favorite portable of the myriad that I've tried. I only have 2 real complaints about it: 1. taste and 2. the bullets. Taste is definitely lacking, as has been detailed in the PNP thread, when compared to the likes of the Solo and Ascent. And the bullets get very hot and can be tricky to swap out on the fly if you're the type of user who will use multiple bullets in a single session. But aside from those 2 flaws, I love it. Lightweight and fits nicely in my front pocket, the battery gives a good 50ish minutes of runtime IME (and I typically use temp 4) which is plenty to get me through the day when a bullet can be finished off in 5 minutes, and it smells noticeably less than other portables on the market, though I'm not entirely sure why/how. Plus, the PNP is very user friendly. My friends have all been able to just pick it up and hit with great success, unlike many portables on the market which have a learning curve. Match the PNP's quality with good pricing (you can find the PNP for under $200 on eBay or currently on Massdrop) and it can't really be beaten.

As for a desktop vape, would you consider the VapeXhale EVO? I've have a Cloud for the past couple years now and wouldn't recommend any other vape over it, of the ones I've tried of course.

I will take a look at the VapeXhale EVO.
The one thing I found, is no matter how much you research, you will always end up buying way more vapes than you need eventually. Unless you have amazing self control, which I do not. :D

I know your right. I have already thought about getting the Solo and possibly another.

Korben,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Start with the Solo and then if you still have the itch, work your way up from there ;) I have a few higher priced vapes in my collection, which don't hold a candle to some lower priced units I own.

So many options out there these days. Quality ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom