My inconsistent experiences vaping cannabis

gararpeta

Ok, so I'd like to write here my experience vaping and smoking CBD hemp and THC weed, because, I just cannot make any sense of it.

So, I recently discovered one of those online sites in the UK where you can order weed and weed products. I just did not know that vaping weed was a thing, so in the last weeks I've been experimenting with different methods and types of cannabis.

I started by ordering one THC vape - one 510 cartridge with THC vape liquid and a cheap battery.

I was 99% sure that I was about to be scammed when I was placing the order, but it was not. I and my girlfriend tried out the vape when it arrived, and we got a very nice, mild high. I loved it - psychoactive, but without any anxiety. The only downside was that the high lasted just about 15-20 minutes and then it wore out - very different than when I smoke weed, which produce effects for about two hours.

Next week, I bought online some CBD hemp flowers. It looked and smelled like weed, but it certainly did not contain any THC at all. We smoke it in a joint - just the CBD weed, without anything else added. We could feel a very, very, very mild buzz and it was slightly relaxing, but nothing more. Pretty disappointing.

Then, I decided to try out weed vaping with an vaporizer/inhaler. I got the Wolkenkraft FX Mini, which apparently is the same as the SMONO 3, the Fenix Mini or the planetofthevapes One.

We tried it out with the CBD hemp flower, and it was just amazing. We did not have much expectations, as our experience when smoking it in a joint was very poor, but vaping it with the vaporizer was completely different. We obviously did not get a psychoactive high, but the relaxing effects of the CBD were very nice - very tingly in the body, mellow, relaxing...

So, given that smoking the CBD flower did not produce any effects, but vaping it did, we concluded that the Wolkenkraft FX Mini did work very well. Everything I had read about vaping providing stronger effects than smoking because the extraction of the cannabinoids is more efficient and nothing gets burnt was true.

Next experiment was with some proper weed that we bought online again: wedding cake strain, apparently grown in California.

We tried it out in the inhaler, and proceed with a lot of caution, as apparently the THC content of this weed was high, and our previous experience with the inhaler suggested that we were going the get stronger effects than if we smoked it.

What a disappointment. Both of us felt a very mild high, but nothing comparable to smoking a joint of weed. Not at all. Even the THC cartridge vape produced stronger effects than vaping this weed.

So, the conclusion was obvious: the inhaler worked, as it was proved with the CBD hemp - hence, this was not proper weed. We bought it online, and we were scammed. Maybe it was not weed, maybe it was hemp mixed with a tiny bit of THC or something... but it was definitely not proper weed.

So next weekend I went and when I was alone I decided to smoke a joint of the "weed".. I smoked only like 4 or 5 puffs and I could not finish it.

I have never been so high.

The psychoactive effects were potent. The anxiety and paranoia were not nice. I tried to mix some music in my dj equipment trying to cope with it, and it was absolutely impossible for me to play two songs together or press the right buttons in the mixer. I was totally disabled. For the first time in my life with weed I felt that my mobility was really reduced - I could not move properly. I had a shower too see if it would help, and I barely could put my clothes back. I though about going for a walk, but the anxiety was such that I decided to stay home.

I repeated the experiences of smoking vs vaping the weed (obviously less of it and with more caution), and both my girlfriend and me reproduced the same results consistently. However, with the CBD hemp it's just the opposite!

How could this be possible at all? I just cannot find a logical explanation! I insist that it happens to two different people consistently - it cannot be explained by me not having a good day or smoking with an empty stomach

Has anyone experienced something similar?

In your experience, does inhaler weed get you higher than smoking it?

Could it be anything related to the inhaler?

gararpeta,

Radwin Bodnic

In your experience, does inhaler weed get you higher than smoking it?
Yes. In a different way and with a different timing, but you can get really high with a vaporizer. (Way) higher than smoking the same amount, especially with small doses.

Most vaporizers are super efficient.

Could it be anything related to the inhaler?

There are a few parameters to consider.

At what temperature was set the vaporizer ?

Was the battery of the vaporizer fully charged ?

I don't know this specific vape.

It is said to be pure convection technology. (You draw hot air through the material.)
If it's true then inhalation technique, grind consistency and packing can affect the experience in drastic ways.

Try to use a homogeneous and fluffy medium to fine grind. You will have better results drawing slowly and steadily. Long inhalations (10-20s) usually works great.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Not to question any of your experience, but I have some question about the product you mentioned.
The oil carts available online may be Delta8 thc usually derived from hemp, which is psychoactive but not as strong as delta9 thc from cannabis.
The weed you purchased may also be coming basically from the legal hemp market. Legalization of hemp a few years ago created a loophole because it only limited "thc" amounts while not limiting thcA. ThcA is the substance that, when heated, converts to delta9thc. So, legal hemp growers can send out stuff with a lot of thcA in it.
There are oil cartridges this way as well, high thcA, low thc and delta9 thc.

My experience is very limited with what I've described. I had delta8 cart once and didn't like the light buzz which gave me a mild headache. I recently got some flower much like you describe, that was from a "hemp" farm. I have only tried it once, did get a buzz, but maybe it didn't last very long, I don't recall much more than the fact that it still, to me, had a taste of hemp that was off-putting (I vape a lot of cannabis!).

All of the legal "hemp" products list that they contain less than .3% thc, because that is the limit.

I know I'm not addressing your immediate questions/concerns, but I think it important that you establish a baseline.
In the US, the lines between hemp and cannabis are very blurry these days.

Experiencing vaping can be like an aquired taste. It is often easier to distinguish the high and effect if one abstains from the smoking, using only the vaping method for a week or two. Just throwing that out there.

I will make one suggestion, for when you have clear access. Try to purchase a Cannabis Indica or Indica leaning hybrid. I have found it a little less jittery than Cannabis Sativa.

Top Bottom