My glass vapcap stems!

davesmith

Glass Blower
For 3 months I've been loving my GC nipple stem. At home, I used to hit my vapcap in a rig, Since I got this little bit, I have not felt the need. It's been by DD since.Then Terror strikes.The 1st cap of the day and I heard a "think" after my second hit. I though it was an odd cool down click.To my horror, I see a hairline fracture from the tip end down to the 4th nipple. I presume this is due to tip expanding with heat more than glass? @davesmith Has this been an issue before?
GC-stem-break.jpg

Can I repair this with a plumbers torch? or will it shatter while cooling? Either way Im Gonna HAVE to get a new one because its shear awsome, Question is. Are you going to make a thicker batch?

So hasnt really been a problem. Ive had 1 other like this. Most likely just a little too much heat a little too low down but it couldve been when its been set down warm on a cold surface maybe. Regardless DM me we can sort something out if it broke in normal operation.

And yea thicker stems are gonna be comin hopefully before christmas. Along with a couple other things and hopefully finishing my tooling to make production of any stem quicker. Be sure fc will know as soon as anyone.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Nice job, I love great customer service. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got!

Moses Baca,
Reactions: ubardog

ubardog

The man is as nice as his work. :D Ty @davesmith /GC

I have my Daily Driver back again. :tup: I have the XXL and beleve the cooling on these stems compares to a dry FC-187 . Pocket sized rig :D

ubardog,
Top Bottom