My First Vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewD14

Vaporizer Professor
First off, hello to everyone on this site. If you haven't guessed it already, I am new to FC and have been helped extensively by perusing through the forums and have heard a lot about countless vaporizers. However, this is almost overwhelming, as I only want 1 (For now =P).

Anyway, here is a sloppy list to help narrow my search
-Must be safe to use (No plastic, cheap production, ect.)
-I would like it to be at least semi-portable. Meaning that I want a desktop vape, but I would also like to be able to move it around my home and to my friends' house. One could say I am looking for durability rather than portability.
-A bag+whip system is prefered, as I will be using it in groups and alone.
-Efficiency is key. I see this vape as an investment that in time will pay for itself.
-My price range is no more than $200 for a brand-new product.. This would include shipping and any other service required or spare parts not included.
-Speed is another issue. I would like to be able to fire it up and be smoking in no more than 15 minutes. Also, since I will be using it in groups a system that can deliver vapor consistently and without too much time between packs.
-Good customer service would be preferred also. I want to be able to have a warranty for replacements beyond my control.
-Stealth is a must. I don't want my family seeing me using this

I am leaning toward the Arizer Extreme Q 4.0, but am open to all new ideas.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and hopefully in the future I will be educated enough to make suggestions of my own.

AndrewD14,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Anyway, here is a sloppy list to help narrow my search
-A bag+whip system is prefered, as I will be using it in groups and alone.

That narrows it down to just the EQ and the HerbalAire. The Valcano does bags but no whip.

-My price range is no more than $200 for a brand-new product.. This would include shipping and any other service required or spare parts not included.

AFAIK, a brand new EQ or HA from a reputable, warranty covered dealer is $240 minus FC affiliate discount.

The EQ contains what appears to be a piece of plastic + mica combination that helps support the glass heater cover. In the EQ thread you can see pics, Arizer says that it is nothing to worry about, but just so you are aware it has melted/warped on some users.

Good luck on your search.

Tweak,

AndrewD14

Vaporizer Professor
Thanks for the info Tweak. I have been searching online and found a lot of good deals on eBay and Amazon from certified resellers, meaning that the warranty is honored. (The reviews are good also) on the EQ ranging from $160 with no extras to $175 with a free grinder and 2 extra balloons. Anyway, I'll keep researching and make the most educated decision I can. Thanks again.

AndrewD14,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think the herbalAire with high-power pump fits your points the best. I think it fits all of them. Maybe only the price is a bit higher than you want.
Or a log vape, that is more stealthy, but no bags/whips and less powerful. But it needs hours to heat up so better to leave it at home semi-hidden turned on. Then it can be used fast.
Or an EQ, but it has glass, not that efficient and its bag blowing is a bit slow.

Seek,

max

Out to lunch
No desktop whip vape is stealthy. As for semi-portable, any vape on the market can be moved from one place to another. There's no semi-portable category. The more tubing, glass, and bags involved, the more trouble it is to move. If you're gonna move it a lot, the herbalAire is a better choice-very reliable and efficient, and there's no glass.

Plastic on a vape doesn't mean it's unsafe, nor does the lack of plastic gurarantee the opposite. All the models being suggested here are good ones.
I would like to be able to fire it up and be smoking in no more than 15 minutes.
Less than 15 min. to 'vaping' time should be no problem. Bags are best for groups, but keep in mind you'll tend to use more herb with bag fill. That was certainly my experience.

Tweak said:
That narrows it down to just the EQ and the HerbalAire. The Valcano does bags but no whip.
There's also the viVape and the Oracle (although that one's direct draw is fan assisted only), but they're both quite a bit more money. The Vapir One also qualifies, but with the E and herbie selling for not much more $, it's not worth consideration.

max,

skyline

The Herbalaire would suit your needs best I think. It heats up in about 5-6 minutes, its actually really small (watch the guy pick it up at the end of the vid), it is quite stealthy looking (my friends have commented that it looks like some kind of kitchen device), it blows bags much quicker than the EQ since it uses a pump not a fan, it is one of the most efficient vapes at extracting everything from your herb (that isn't a log vape), and best of all it is durable as hell.

It has no glass parts at all. Instead, it uses PTFE which is completely safe to humans when exposed to vaping temperatures. PTFE is extremely durable unlike glass. That is why it can be subjected to stupid stunts like this and still work.

Several vendors sell it for about 170 on Amazon. If you get it, you definitely won't be disappointed! I personally love using it to vape-bong, since you can fit it into a 14mm downstem with no modification or whip attachments. :)

skyline,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom