My First Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
I finally got tired of paying high prices for my herb, so I purchased a small hydro system and decided to grow my own. Note, that Ive never grown anything, not even a tomato. I bought a deep water culture drip system called "Bubbleponics" made by Stealth Hydro. This unit is small enough to fit in a normal sized closet, ergo the stealth factor. The Bubbleponics unit comes with absolutely everything that one would need to grow a few plants for personal use. The unit itself is capable of growing up to 6 plants at a time, but I wouldn't do more than 3-4 due to close proximity of the plants to each other and a relatively small (8-gallons) base reservoir unit, although I may be wrong. It was very easy to set up and get growing; they even supplied a CD instruction manual. The system comes with two powerful CFL lights and parabolic reflectors, air pump, water pump, air stone, tubing, 6-4 inch net pots, a timer for your light cycles, all nutriments, pH test & control kit , Rockwool seedling cubes, Hydrotron grow media, two way extension cords and the CD instruction all for $189.00. This is not the size a commercial grower would want but seems to be perfect for a nubie that just wants to grow for personal needs. I did however purchase a better light system with 3 higher wattage CFL's providing a light output of 20,000 lumens for an additional $199.00, although the standard system may have worked ok. The CFLs put out virtually no heat which made it possible to put the lights within 3 inches of the plant tops. I know that the consensus is that the only lights worth anything are HID or sodium vapor, but these lights seemed to get me what I wanted with no heat or a large electric bill, also contributing to the stealth factor. I also added a drain kit for $9.99.
I started with 3 seeds from some Indicia skunk I had, and got 3 plants up and running within 5 days. Two of the 3 were males and the third a nice very bushy girl. Grew the girl up to 30 inches and finally harvested the sticky buds at approx. 1-3/4 oz. The buds were rich with crystals and smelled like a dead skunk. This grow would have cost me around $600.00 on the street or dispensary, it was that good. I have another 3 plants in vegetative stage right now, and if Im lucky Ill get three girls.
I highly recommend this system to the nubie grower that needs to grow for their own personal needs as it's just about idiot proof if you follow their instructions. Stealth Hydro customer service was also pretty good. After my first grow my medicine is now in effect, free. :D

Modnote: It's great to read success stories like this, however as per the forum rules topics concerning the cultivation of cannabis are not permitted. Sorry about that!

Lycanthrope,

lepstadder

Great success story, you should show us pics

With some tying of your plants down you should be able to get at LEAST 2oz from 20,000 lumens, especially from some indica

lepstadder,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom