My first disappointing steps in the vapor age

Churrucaman

I share most of the mentioned background, felt like sharing some of my tips may help:

I own a Volcano Classic, Mighty, Grasshopper, 2 flowermates and a few others but no Plenty, still think you're having the same trouble I had since I also come from a tobacco mix joint routine.

- About the harshness, you should always use water if handling temps over 190ºC. If you don't have a tool or the way to fit it at hand use it at 180-185º, I was never the bong type before but really changes the experience, the water tool should be at least medium sized.
- If you're going for the stoner feeling, try max temp (210ºC and upper) and use water (or you'll cough to death).
- I too thought to have iron lungs, but guess vapor is more about iron throat.
- Vapor tends to get harsher to the throat when the THC peak has already been reached (vapormed.com studies), discard the load and refresh at this point for a softer experience (though you'll waste more THC this way, ABV edibles are advised).
- You're not going to get the same stoney feeling no matter what you do, closest is 210ºC but the stoney factor that tobacco adds changes the result.
- I don't think mixing tobacco will help much, will taint your vaporizer flavor and add more throat irritation.
- Try to inhale the vapor in deep breaths (half lung vapor, half lung air), holding your breath for a few seconds before exhalation. Don't exhale too fast, this increases throat harshness.
- If you vaporize after having smoked you'll notice vapor tends to be harder on the throat at first.

I would recommend getting the S&B dosing capsules adapter even if you don't get capsules just so you can use smaller loads. In my experience flavor doesn't last long so you'll get far more with small doses which you can extract fast rather than bigger ones that get roasted flavor before having change to purge enough goodies.

I'm still battling with some combustion due to the stoney feel so fully understand your frustration, may the force be with you mate.

Top Bottom