My first disappointing steps in the vapor age

Randomnoob

First of all sorry, i don't know if i'm posting this in the right section and it's gonna be a long, bad written thread...

I'm a total vapor noob but a long time combuster whit black lungs and badass tolerance that is trying to kick his stupid habit and now i've been playing around whit my new Plenty for about a week whit disappointing results.

I was expecting something completely different from what i've read on the net, don't get me wrong, i was ready for an unsatisfying experience, my lungs are probably full of tar that hinders absorbtion, i have a sky high tolerance and i used to smoke joints whit some tobacco in, i find it way more efficient than bongs or smoking weed alone as tobacco help it burn way more evenly and minimize wastes, also i find that tobacco greatly enhances the stony/sedating effects of mj, and thats what i'm after (sorry purists).

The problem is not only the different mellower high and missing tobacco, actually i find vapor harsher, drier, hotter and cranking up the temperature brings a taste worst than simple combustion.

I'm reading ppl writing about microdosing and getting high whit as little as 0.05, while i start feeling some effects after lounging whit my vap for 10 mins and problably need to pack just as much as i used to put in a joint to get fully medicated (and way more often), i know the plenty is not an efficient unit, but it should do the job and deliver nice strong vapor.
Instead for some reason i'm not feeling any peak at all after hitting it as hard i can, even while i'm using it on highest temp, i feel only my lungs burning and my troath itching bad, i have to fight to don't cough after every single hit, the weird thing is that i'm kinda sure of having leather lungs, can down a big joint in like 3 hits whitout any discomfort.

The problem is not really the cleaner high, I know it will get stronger whit time and i can get used to it but i was sure that vaporizing would be way nicer and smoother than smoking, honestly i find it rather unpleasant, to each his own i suppose.

I'm taking slow big hits (i usually aim for 10 secs) starting vaping around 190 celsius going up to around 215 (at that temp vapor gets even nastier and i need to drink lots of water to keep going).
I pack 0.5 double grinded whit liquid pad on top, and down it in one session stirring only once.

I go on hitting until i'm not getting any visible vapor at max temp and my ABV looks spent indeed. That means that my session can last more than 20 mins (i never took exact time honestly), another thing i don't like at all, is that normal? Am i packing it wrong? Also, i'm not getting milky vapor even killing my troath what can be the cause? Is my weed too wet (it's really good pot that's the only possible problem i can come up whit)? Any other thing to check?

I want so much to fuck combustion but i'm already thinking about giving up so any advice, support or succesfull experience would be really appreciated, at this point i really hope that i'm doing something wrong...

Rebelistic

It could be your herb? Low quality product is more noticable when you vape it rather than smoke?
I beleive tobbacco smoke has an anaesthetic affect on the lungs that may prevent coughing whereas THC is know to be cough inducing. I did initially find vapor harsh but that might have been my vape at the time.
Have you totally quit smoking including tobbacco?

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
First of all sorry, i don't know if i'm posting this in the right section and it's gonna be a long, bad written thread...

I'm a total vapor noob but a long time combuster whit black lungs and badass tolerance that is trying to kick his stupid habit and now i've been playing around whit my new Plenty for about a week whit disappointing results.

I was expecting something completely different from what i've read on the net, don't get me wrong, i was ready for an unsatisfying experience, my lungs are probably full of tar that hinders absorbtion, i have a sky high tolerance and i used to smoke joints whit some tobacco in, i find it way more efficient than bongs or smoking weed alone as tobacco help it burn way more evenly and minimize wastes, also i find that tobacco greatly enhances the stony/sedating effects of mj, and thats what i'm after (sorry purists).

The problem is not only the different mellower high and missing tobacco, actually i find vapor harsher, drier, hotter and cranking up the temperature brings a taste worst than simple combustion.

I'm reading ppl writing about microdosing and getting high whit as little as 0.05, while i start feeling some effects after lounging whit my vap for 10 mins and problably need to pack just as much as i used to put in a joint to get fully medicated (and way more often), i know the plenty is not an efficient unit, but it should do the job and deliver nice strong vapor.
Instead for some reason i'm not feeling any peak at all after hitting it as hard i can, even while i'm using it on highest temp, i feel only my lungs burning and my troath itching bad, i have to fight to don't cough after every single hit, the weird thing is that i'm kinda sure of having leather lungs, can down a big joint in like 3 hits whitout any discomfort.

The problem is not really the cleaner high, I know it will get stronger whit time and i can get used to it but i was sure that vaporizing would be way nicer and smoother than smoking, honestly i find it rather unpleasant, to each his own i suppose.

I'm taking slow big hits (i usually aim for 10 secs) starting vaping around 190 celsius going up to around 215 (at that temp vapor gets even nastier and i need to drink lots of water to keep going).
I pack 0.5 double grinded whit liquid pad on top, and down it in one session stirring only once.

I go on hitting until i'm not getting any visible vapor at max temp and my ABV looks spent indeed. That means that my session can last more than 20 mins (i never took exact time honestly), another thing i don't like at all, is that normal? Am i packing it wrong? Also, i'm not getting milky vapor even killing my troath what can be the cause? Is my weed too wet (it's really good pot that's the only possible problem i can come up whit)? Any other thing to check?

I want so much to fuck combustion but i'm already thinking about giving up so any advice, support or succesfull experience would be really appreciated, at this point i really hope that i'm doing something wrong...
Welcome to FC! :wave:

A few things to try. Let the herb dry out a bit more. Vapes tend to do better with dry herb. Also, to get you through the harshness, you can try vaping through water using warm water. It helps moisturize the air going into your lungs. It will take a little time to adjust to vaping. It didn't for me personally but many have reported that to be the case. Also, cutting out tobacco will take some time to adjust to. To keep the herb tasting fresh, it does help to pack small amount, crank up the heat and kill the bowl in one or two hits. I have zero experience with the Plenty but I understand it is hard to pack small amounts. Stick with it for a bit. Good luck and don't be scared to ask questions. :tup:

Randomnoob

It could be your herb? Low quality product is more noticable when you vape it rather than smoke?
I beleive tobbacco smoke has an anaesthetic affect on the lungs that may prevent coughing whereas THC is know to be cough inducing. I did initially find vapor harsh but that might have been my vape at the time.
Have you totally quit smoking including tobbacco?

Well man, that's something really interesting i didn't have any clue about, btw i'm using many different home grown strains, some of those are crappy autos that i mostly smoke at morning but i don't miss the good stuff, probably i need to dry the herb a little more, i hate combusting crunchy pot so i leave a little it moister than other ppl do, just enough to avoid bad scent and darkening problems during curing.
I'm trying to quit tobacco as well but atm i'm still smoking in social settings, a lot if booze is involved.

Welcome to FC! :wave:

A few things to try. Let the herb dry out a bit more. Vapes tend to do better with dry herb. Also, to get you through the harshness, you can try vaping through water using warm water. It helps moisturize the air going into your lungs. It will take a little time to adjust to vaping. It didn't for me personally but many have reported that to be the case. Also, cutting out tobacco will take some time to adjust to. To keep the herb tasting fresh, it does help to pack small amount, crank up the heat and kill the bowl in one or two hits. I have zero experience with the Plenty but I understand it is hard to pack small amounts. Stick with it for a bit. Good luck and don't be scared to ask questions. :tup:

Thanks for your support, the problem is that other than having weird tastes i'm a big lazy ass. I don't like dealing whit glass and connections and i'm not gonna repack every 2 hits, a carcinoma is a way better option to me, that's kinda the exact reason for picking the plenty.

Also any info about vaporizing tobacco (can grow some to be 100% free of additives) would be great, i heard a lot of mixed stories and unclear infos about it's viability.

Randomnoob,
Reactions: Madcap79

Madcap79

Well man, that's something really interesting i didn't have any clue about, btw i'm using many different home grown strains, some of those are crappy autos that i mostly smoke at morning but i don't miss the good stuff, probably i need to dry the herb a little more, i hate combusting crunchy pot so i leave a little it moister than other ppl do, just enough to avoid bad scent and darkening problems during curing.
I'm trying to quit tobacco as well but atm i'm still smoking in social settings, a lot if booze is involved.

Thanks for your support, the problem is that other than having weird tastes i'm a big lazy ass. I don't like dealing whit glass and connections and i'm not gonna repack every 2 hits, a carcinoma is a way better option to me, that's kinda the exact reason for picking the plenty.

Also any info about vaporizing tobacco (can grow some to be 100% free of additives) would be great, i heard a lot of mixed stories and unclear infos about it's viability.
Throw some tobacco in with your herb and see what happens. I have no experience with that either however I am an ex tobacco user as well. Would using a bag system be too much work? The Volcano or something similar would help cool the vapor and you can pack as much herb as you can fit into it. Just throwing out ideas.

Randomnoob

Throw some tobacco in with your herb and see what happens. I have no experience with that either however I am an ex tobacco user as well. Would using a bag system be too much work? The Volcano or something similar would help cool the vapor and you can pack as much herb as you can fit into it. Just throwing out ideas.

I tried already mixing in just a pinch of tobacco whit pot but didn't worked, i'm gonna try taking off the liquid pad and fill the empty space whit tobacco as many ppl using it as a filler seem quite disappointed, if it still doesn't work i'm gonna throw in only tobacco and see what happens.

Filling bags doesn't thrill me, direct draw/whip seem the closest experience to a joint. but it would be ok i suppose, i stayed away from volcano (and bags fillers in general) because it's expensive, noisy, requires replacements and i wasn't concerned about vapor smoothness: sturdiness, big chamber and strong vapor were my priorities.
Still, volcano perfectly fits my requirements just like the plenty, might be well worth the hassle if experimenting doesn't lead me anywhere.

Sipping would be far less efficient than taking big hits? Might be the easier solution, my sessions already take quite a long time, few minutes more won't change much and i'm not getting any spike anyway.

Last edited:
Randomnoob,

Madcap79

I would think a Volcano session would take less than 20 mins. Again, I have no experience with that vape. I have an Herbalizer and the bags for that are smooth. Big hits may hit you harder than sipping but everyone is different and vaping is more nuanced than smoking when it comes to what works for you. Luckily, I'm a lightweight even after being a cannabis user for more than 20 years, so everything works for me.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I struggled with vaping herbs after almost 30 years of combustion like most here. I felt like it was not working for me. I was just wasting herb and not getting properly medicated.

But after much research here, I realized that I needed to give it more time and get better tools. I think sipping vapes are great after you have been accustomed to vapor for a while, but for a beginner, I think a good convection vape that can make big cloud might help you out more. It will give you the "feeling" of smoking herbs without the nasty combustion.

The LSV was the tool I used to get me hooked on flower vaping.

Edit: Even with the LSV, it still took a month to feel right. Stick with it, don't give up and good luck..

Last edited:

Randomnoob

Thanks a lot for the advices guys

I would think a Volcano session would take less than 20 mins. Again, I have no experience with that vape. I have an Herbalizer and the bags for that are smooth. Big hits may hit you harder than sipping but everyone is different and vaping is more nuanced than smoking when it comes to what works for you. Luckily, I'm a lightweight even after being a cannabis user for more than 20 years, so everything works for me.

herbalizer would be great since can do bags and whips, sadly it's just out of my budget

I found that a vape like the vapman is exceptional at delivering a high similar to what someone more accustomed to combustion may expect.

I can use any vape I have, put it down, and do a bowl in the vapman and it always gives my high an added boost. Another wonderful thing about the mighty vapman is it is very stingy with your herb. Your herb can easily last twice as long using a vapman. The vapman is a completely different vape when compared to the plenty. I would check out the vapman thread for more information. The vapman thread is long so you may want to begin with some of the more recent posts...a lot of info is there.

If I were new to vaping from combustion use I would hope someone would turn me on to the vapman. Your goal is to get high, right? :nod:

Also, if you want to be successful vaping you really NEED to quit smoking for the most part. :peace:

Do you think a cheaper and more portable device like vapcap would match the vapman?
I was about to buy one anyway to vape on the go.
Any other reliable portable that i should check out?

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
SV3 has a permanent spot in my arsenal.
brzFRtg.jpg

Here's a real kick in the face...
My go to if i need a little abuse.lol

Randomnoob

SV3 has a permanent spot in my arsenal.
brzFRtg.jpg

Here's a real kick in the face...
My go to if i need a little abuse.lol

Sadly this is something a guy like me shouldn't play whit, i may hurt an innocent vape and it could hurt me aswell...

What about the lotus? Lots of people here on fc had great succes whit it and i was advised to check it out.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Sadly this is something a guy like me shouldn't play whit, i may hurt an innocent vape and it could hurt me aswell...

What about the lotus? Lots of people here on fc had great succes whit it and i was advised to check it out.
Jmho cant go wrong with almost any butane powered vape.
SV3,sticky brick aka daisy , lottus,vapman
Hybrid vapman , sv3
Convection sticky , lotus

Edit also as @steama suggested the vapcap

Good luck

Last edited:

°k

The sound of vapor
This is based on my own experience which I may have incorrectly interpreted but it won't cost much trying, so I think the harshness in the vapour and the cough (which I have experienced too during my first steps as a vaporist after being born in a smoker family and having smoked joints and cigs for over 20 years) can be taken away if you start lower in temps, like 330°F then you step up by let's say 10° with every 2 hits maybe (depending on your hits ofc so you'll have to experiment).
If I start on green with my Air I cough, if I start on blue then temp step up to green I'm not coughing. If I go to red then I need water filtration or a whip though.
Same with my GH on 4 or with going from 3 to 4,5.

Also I was under the impression conduction induced vapor is less harsh than convection's but I might be wrong. I still have a truckload to learn about vaping, FC is here to help luckily and well trials and errors are a very good way to learn too :p

Personally I don't really get the joint stone high when I vape and I kinda miss it, but I like the effect I get from vaping and I'm happy I've completely stopped smoking (joints and cigs). Experience will differ from one user/vape/technique/strain to another of course.

Tolerance breaks are mentioned quite often around these parts, I don't really like those but when I'm forced to have one for a few days it makes the next high a bit higher than usual. ;)

Last edited:

Squiby

Do you think a cheaper and more portable device like vapcap would match the vapman?

You have picked three excellent vapes to compare. Everyone of these deliver fantastic results.

The Vapcap is my favourite vape. It has a very attractive modular design, allowing personal customization. It is smaller than the Vapman in that it is really just the size and shape of a cigarette. The vapour from the Vapcap is a bit smoother than the Vapman and I think that it is because or the Vapcaps temperature regulating clicking cap. Whereas the Vapman is straight manual heating heating a few seconds at at time. It is sorta like heating blind compared to the Vapcap. However, the Vapman is an excellent vape.

The Lotus creates a nice vapour as well. It tends to be, for me, a bit smoother than the Vapman and slightly harsher than the Vapcap. These are three excellent vapes and they are all my daily go to's.

My ranking of the three:

1. Vapcap

2. Lotus

3. Vapman

I have tried some excellent and crumby vapes. The worst have been battery powered pen type vapes. The VAPCAP is the BEST!!

Last edited:

°k

The sound of vapor
I'd advise reading the vapcap thread if you haven't done it already, experiences might differ. I personally would rate the vapcap at the bottom of my list but that's because I'm having issues using it I guess (so it's not that easy for everyone) and also because it got serious competition with a lily for instance (which I know is not in production any more but if you ever find one for sell somewhere, jump on it!).
I'm not trying to bash the vapcap here and George (its creator) sounds like a good person. I've made mistakes in the past buying vapes purely because I needed one and wish I had looked more into some of them now. That said the vapcap is rather cheap and it seems quite a few people like it. Also to answer your question, hash in it would be ok I think (avoid the creamy stuff though I'd say) as it's simple to clean with an iso bath.

One thing I've learned from using different torch based vapes and comparing my experiences to those I've read here: the lighter is really important, how many flames, how big the tank, how reliable are a few points to keep in mind as well as how to use it.
George provided to FC members a 3 flames torch lighter when I got mine (not sure he still does) and I found it to be too strong so I've been using my single flame one but again it seemed others found it perfect. :2c:

Squiby

Gonna get one asap then, any kind of setup that does nicely whit hash? Or the vapcap original will work fine?

Hash works well in the Vapcaps. I'd place it on a bed of fiber or flowers. The setup you choose is based on your budget, aesthetics and durability. They all function much the same. They all have the temperature regulating cap that clicks when it comes to vaping temps.

Vapcaps can be heated by any heat source; torch lighters, flame lighters, candles, stove elements etc. You heat the cap until it clicks and toke till you hear a cooling click, then heat again. This is the easiest vape I have ever used and has very consistent results.

There are several Vapcaps to choose from:
- the OG Vapcap. All glass construction. Inexpensive. Fragile. $30. Some buy this model then when they realize how much they love it, they upgrade. Some even use these as disposable vapes when traveling.

- Ti Woody. All titanium and SS components with a woody body of choice. Beautiful, tough but not indestructible, say if run over by a truck. Even then you will only need to replace the cracked wood body. $75 and up.

- Omnivap. All titanium and SS construction with an exclusive air regulating titanium mouthpiece. Indestructible. $150.

The Vapcaps are modular so you can switch out bodies, condensers and mouth pieces for a customized look. You can even choose to have a short body, length ofa regular cigarette or a longer king sized length. I have included some pics of various configurations. If you don't see a combination you love, browse the Dynavap forum or contact George @VapCap through his Dynavap website for custom options.

I do recommend that you browse the Dynavap forum. There you will find all sorts of stories of George's unparalleled stellar customer service.

Omnivap with Blackwood body and Dynastash.
K1Tbmc8.jpeg

Ti Burly with mouthpiece
YeCVYCZ.jpg

14mm VonG Stem. Cocobolo body.

IMG_20160519_212956128_zpsw4xypkj9.jpg

Cocobolo Ti Woody with mouthpieces
IMG_20160427_201330252_zpsihirfeco.jpg

Ti tip with Copper Stoned body. :)
IMG_20160427_195843130_HDR_zpsktpavyht.jpg

OmniVap

Good luck with your choice!

ChooChooCharlie

Hi @Randomnoob
Not many Plenty owners here. I use it every day, so maybe I could help? Or maybe not.

Sounds like you're getting vapor, but not thick enough?
Usually this is from too little herb and/or it's shifting -- but you said you're using liquid pad on top.
And 0.3 to 0.5 that you mentioned is more than enough.
You seem familiar enough with Plenty to understand the heater on/off cycles and the handle switch, right?
So we can rule out that potential simple problem.

I can think of another possible problem: leaks
Happened to me once. Had not twisted upper black housing onto orange chamber quite tight enough.
You can experience this intentionally -- loosen it during draw and you will feel sudden unrestricted flow.

You said you're drawing slowly, but try this for kicks: Draw for 20 plus seconds. Slow and calm.
As an experiment. I like these long slow draws. Think of it as inhaling rather than sucking.
See if your exhaled vapor is more, well, satisfying.
I really had to fight prior combusting inhalation muscle memory when I switched over.
I'm not saying you always have to inhale this long. This is just a trick to slow you down, making you more conscious and in control of your inhalations, since you're transitioning.

You are certainly drawing too fast if you can hear the slight whooshing sound of air entering inlets.
With vaping, the hot air should be bathing the herb with heat as it passes through.
Speed hot air showering doesn't work as well, unlike combusting, when it's great.

I always leave mine on setting seven. Don't use water.
Vapor is cool. Also, if end of coil near mouthpiece if very hot, you are drawing too fast.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions.

little maggie

I wouldn't recommend getting the original vapcap. I destroyed 2 of them because the click didn't go off and the inside pretty much melted. You can replace all the parts of it if you want to or you can make sure you pay close attention. The vapcap ti woody, on the other hand, is a bit more expensive but a great vaporizer. It's very difficult to destroy even if the click fails. That and the milaana are my 2 current vaporizers. The milaana is also a great and simple vaporizer.
I need simple vaporizers because anything too complicated is just too complicated for me. You obviously want a portable but for power and simplicity I would also recommend one of the log vapes. There is nothing to go wrong on them.
I always use water with the exception of the vapcap. I can't use anything other than a vaporzier without choking and coughing for hours and a vape without water is still too much for me. There are some great and inexpensive bubblers and water devices out there.

little maggie,
Reactions: Randomnoob

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Daisy/Sticky Brick is the ONLY vape that truly mimics combustion in my experience. You get a very comparable sensation to lighting a bowl up and toking. You breathe in the same way as if you were hitting a pipe or bubbler and the results are just as instantaneous as combustion, so you are not sitting there inhaling at a controlled rate forever and ever. You also don't have "priming," hits required, no heat soaking etc. to get results. The lotus is of course, very similar, but there is just that little bit of priming required which creates a disconnect in paralleling that combustion experience imo.

I own/like the OG vapcap as well, but it certainly doesn't remind me of combusting, and requires technique and finagling. People claim the more expensive models work better of course, but I doubt you would like it much without digging vaporization already.

Same can be said with really any conduction style vaporizer. They are great and all, but it doesn't provide the satisfying lung feel and heavy clouds you get with other choices.

As a long time smoker myself, it wasn't until the Daisy came along that I felt comfortable substituting, and it was like a light switch, not something I needed to reinforce and train into being.

Hope it helps.

Randomnoob

Hi @Randomnoob
Not many Plenty owners here. I use it every day, so maybe I could help? Or maybe not.

Sounds like you're getting vapor, but not thick enough?
Usually this is from too little herb and/or it's shifting -- but you said you're using liquid pad on top.
And 0.3 to 0.5 that you mentioned is more than enough.
You seem familiar enough with Plenty to understand the heater on/off cycles and the handle switch, right?
So we can rule out that potential simple problem.

I can think of another possible problem: leaks
Happened to me once. Had not twisted upper black housing onto orange chamber quite tight enough.
You can experience this intentionally -- loosen it during draw and you will feel sudden unrestricted flow.

You said you're drawing slowly, but try this for kicks: Draw for 20 plus seconds. Slow and calm.
As an experiment. I like these long slow draws. Think of it as inhaling rather than sucking.
See if your exhaled vapor is more, well, satisfying.
I really had to fight prior combusting inhalation muscle memory when I switched over.
I'm not saying you always have to inhale this long. This is just a trick to slow you down, making you more conscious and in control of your inhalations, since you're transitioning.

You are certainly drawing too fast if you can hear the slight whooshing sound of air entering inlets.
With vaping, the hot air should be bathing the herb with heat as it passes through.
Speed hot air showering doesn't work as well, unlike combusting, when it's great.

I always leave mine on setting seven. Don't use water.
Vapor is cool. Also, if end of coil near mouthpiece if very hot, you are drawing too fast.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions.

No leaks no shifting, seems like i was hitting the plenty too fast, taking slower 20 secs hits is helping but i still have to fight that itchiness when i run it on 7. I'm trying to get more clouds now, packing it loosely would help or hinder vapor production?

I wouldn't recommend getting the original vapcap. I destroyed 2 of them because the click didn't go off and the inside pretty much melted. You can replace all the parts of it if you want to or you can make sure you pay close attention. The vapcap ti woody, on the other hand, is a bit more expensive but a great vaporizer. It's very difficult to destroy even if the click fails. That and the milaana are my 2 current vaporizers. The milaana is also a great and simple vaporizer.
I need simple vaporizers because anything too complicated is just too complicated for me. You obviously want a portable but for power and simplicity I would also recommend one of the log vapes. There is nothing to go wrong on them.
I always use water with the exception of the vapcap. I can't use anything other than a vaporzier without choking and coughing for hours and a vape without water is still too much for me. There are some great and inexpensive bubblers and water devices out there.

I'll consider getting a log in the future for efficiency sakes but i really need a portable now, i know i can't expect durability from a plastic vapcap but it's just soo cheap that i want to try one of them.

Daisy/Sticky Brick is the ONLY vape that truly mimics combustion in my experience. You get a very comparable sensation to lighting a bowl up and toking. You breathe in the same way as if you were hitting a pipe or bubbler and the results are just as instantaneous as combustion, so you are not sitting there inhaling at a controlled rate forever and ever. You also don't have "priming," hits required, no heat soaking etc. to get results. The lotus is of course, very similar, but there is just that little bit of priming required which creates a disconnect in paralleling that combustion experience imo.

I own/like the OG vapcap as well, but it certainly doesn't remind me of combusting, and requires technique and finagling. People claim the more expensive models work better of course, but I doubt you would like it much without digging vaporization already.

Same can be said with really any conduction style vaporizer. They are great and all, but it doesn't provide the satisfying lung feel and heavy clouds you get with other choices.

As a long time smoker myself, it wasn't until the Daisy came along that I felt comfortable substituting, and it was like a light switch, not something I needed to reinforce and train into being.

Hope it helps.

Infact i'm also looking for a heavy duty one hitter, i should be fine whit a cheap portable like the vapcap, i got my plenty to use at home for longer chill out sessions and somebad beast like the sv3 for the evening, i hope i will find a sturdy one

Just so much great imput, love you guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Squiby

i know i can't expect durability from a plastic vapcap but it's just soo cheap that i want to try one of them.

You needn't have low expectations for the Vapcap, this tiny vaporizer is top shelf for performance and effectiveness. It is such an effective vape that I am now using my Vapcaps - the Ti Woody and Omni versions, exclusively. My other vapes now sit quietly gathering dust while the Vapcap takes centre stage. I just LOVE this thing! The ritual is sooo pleasurable. :love::luv::love:

The basic model, the original Vapcap is fragile, because it is all glass, except for the stainless steel cap and any glass product is fragile due to the brittle fragile nature of glass. If you drop it, it very likely may break. :doh:

Little Maggie's experience, if I understood her description a few months back, was a result of the torch being applied to the Vapcap for an extended period of time and the torch simply finally began to melt the glass. :hmm:

The only plastic on the original Vapcap is the rubber mouthpiece.:spliff:

It is OK to have high expectations. Even though the original Vapcap is inexpensive, it definitely delivers. :cheers:

TboneToker

Thanks a lot for the advices guys

herbalizer would be great since can do bags and whips, sadly it's just out of my budget

I was about to buy one anyway to vape on the go.
Any other reliable portable that i should check out?

hey if you're still looking for the herbalizer I know where you can get it 100$ off :D pm me

TboneToker,

herbivore21

Gonna get one asap then, any kind of setup that does nicely whit hash? Or the vapcap original will work fine?
Yes, IME the vapcap is the best butane powered vape for hash. Butane powered vapes are ideal for hash usage when your hash is not full melt (then of course you could just dab it). There's very little, if any chance of accidental combustion with hash and you will get huge rips over and over from the same small load. I recommend the ti tipped vapcap products (not the glass bowl ones) for concentrate use though.

I'd advise reading the vapcap thread if you haven't done it already, experiences might differ. I personally would rate the vapcap at the bottom of my list but that's because I'm having issues using it I guess (so it's not that easy for everyone) and also because it got serious competition with a lily for instance (which I know is not in production any more but if you ever find one for sell somewhere, jump on it!).
I'm not trying to bash the vapcap here and George (its creator) sounds like a good person. I've made mistakes in the past buying vapes purely because I needed one and wish I had looked more into some of them now. That said the vapcap is rather cheap and it seems quite a few people like it. Also to answer your question, hash in it would be ok I think (avoid the creamy stuff though I'd say) as it's simple to clean with an iso bath.

One thing I've learned from using different torch based vapes and comparing my experiences to those I've read here: the lighter is really important, how many flames, how big the tank, how reliable are a few points to keep in mind as well as how to use it.
George provided to FC members a 3 flames torch lighter when I got mine (not sure he still does) and I found it to be too strong so I've been using my single flame one but again it seemed others found it perfect. :2c:
Actually, the vapcap will work very well with any kind of hash (I've used full melt no problem!). Better than most vapes, if not all of them for hash (especially for ease of loading the unit). Put an SS mesh pad on top of the stock screen and voila - no gunk!

Top Bottom