My experience with the VHW.

Davidius

Greetings from San Francisco!

I received my VHW a week ago. I use the VHW straight with my bong. No silicone and no VCB. I noticed this was possible on the day I received it, and the next day, went to a head shop and got hitter piece that fits the VHW better than the one that came with the bong. I love it. For the past few days, I've been putting no water in the bong, and have been pulling the best and best-tasting vapes I ever thought possible (and I am a previous Vaporbrothers owner).

To vape using the VHW directly on my bong's hitter piece, I have the VHW turned down about 1/3 to 2/5 from max. My herb is vaped very evenly, actually to the point that it amazes me. I would not necessarily recommend purchasing the VHW without the VCB however, for first of all, it may take a little time to track down a good hitter piece for your bong that fits the VHW, and second of all, after once more testing the VHW with the silicone and VCB yesterday and the day before, I do concede that with the real airtightness of the VCB-silocone-VHW connection, there seems to be a greater efficiency in the vapor to lung-capacity ratio. So that some people might find themselves drawn to practicing and mastering the VCB, even if at first they are indifferent to it.

All in all, I love my VHW, and I cannot recommend it enough.

Also, on another note, I caused my VHW to drop off my table yesterday morning like a damn fool, and when it hit the floor, the inner glass broke. But get this: by yesterday evening, I was already vaping out of a brand new VHW! I had to pay a $50 fee for the glass replacement (to me fair), and since I am close by, a Vriptech rep met me and gave me the new unit.

Here are some photos.
Setup.jpg

Bowl.jpg

Inside.jpg

Before.jpg

After.jpg

[edited to delete last name from photo links]

Davidius,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hey dude you have to host you picture in place like this , www.turboimagehost.com than put the link between [img] tag . btw welcome on fc it's nice to get an other vhw user !!

hope it help

Clear_Dome,

noia025

Very High Quality
hey very good review!
thanks ...

you talk about evenly vaporized..by the look of the after photo it doesnt look evenly vaporized...
but i think its just a matter of time to master this new tool...

all the best

noia025,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
look nice ! I wonder if you loose any efecience by using and other bowl

ps : I fix it , my bad, with that hoster jou just have to copy and paste the thumbsnail link , no need to add any tag

Clear_Dome,

Davidius

I was afraid the last photo might appear strange, as it has overly hard shadows. When I shot it, I couldn't believe how different it looked than what was sitting right before my eyes.

But nevertheless, I think the last photo still shows even vaporization. Where is it uneven? What I consider uneven is either when there is a dark spot somewhere on the surface, or else a pocket of unvaped herb down underneath. Neither was the case there.

I have, however, taken hits with the VHW and gotten an uneven vape, with a dark section on the surface, but this has been perhaps about 5% of the time, not significant, and it is due I believe to my holding the VHW slightly canted by mistake over the surface of the cannabis.

But you are right about this thing taking time to master. I look forward to knowing this like I know bong smoking.

Davidius,

Frickr

what have you guys done to me... i was happy with my vapir one, till i came on here. then found and ordered the purple days, now i got spit dripping out my mouth over this thing also. might have to pinch a few pennies to save up for this vape also!

very nice review though. i hope your second one lasts a little longer then the first.

Frickr,

Davidius

I believe efficiency is in fact lost in my setup, compared to having an absolutely perfect airtight seal with the VCB and silicone. But I find the seal you see in my photo to be at least comparable with the glass to glass seal of the old Vaporbrothers boxes.

The efficiency we speak of, however, is not about THC lost, it is simply about THC per hit.

I personally think 100% airtight is overkill if it requires having a VCB and silicone around the VHW. But this is from the point of view of honing a method for effortless daily vaping. For experimentation, and just shaking things up, I'm still glad I have the VCB.

Davidius,

jx80

I was thinking of getting this and doing the same thing since I could not afford the entire setup right now and figured to just get the wand and use it with one of the slides I have and buy the vcb part when I can.

jx80,

Davidius

To give a clearer representation of what I consider to be the quite even vaping of the VHW in my setup, I have taken another series of before and afters without flash, but with a nice amount of natural light coming through my window. The strain is Purple Cheese, and the AFTER photo is after one long steady lung-expanding hit. Click for large photos.

P.S. One may wonder, even vaporization in comparison to what? Well, actually only in comparison with what one might imagine from having the VHW literally 1/4" away from the cannabis, considering that the VCB on the contrary puts much more buffer space between the VHW and the cannabis.

Davidius,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Davidus - welcome to the forum!

jx80 - you asked this in the other thread about how the handle felt, i was just curious if you meant ergonomically or heat wise.

Heat wise it doesn't get hot

Ergo wise, at first it will feel awkward but once you get the right angle for you, it will feel like second nature.

stonemonkey55,

noia025

Very High Quality
hey Davidius

how big is this Bowl in cm or mm ?, i mean, the larger diameter of it, where the VHM attach..
im making a new setup and will put a bowl just like yours in my bong.

thank you

noia025,

Davidius

The diameter of the top of the bowl is 1 mm short of 3 cm. It is interesting that when the guy at the shop pulled out his tray of these type of hitter pieces, this was the only one slightly large like this. It was only $5. I feel like cleaning mine off and taking it back to get him to order me more.

Another head shop had a handblown tulip shaped hitter piece that the VHW created a really nice seal with. The bowl is bigger than my taste, and it cost $30, but the fit was so good, that for experimentation, or else just to secure it for some future person who purchase a VHW, I am inclined to return regarding this as well.

Davidius,

noia025

Very High Quality
great now i can find one ...
thanks a lot for the measures.!

you think 2,5 cm will be enuff to VHW fits good?
(the one that will come with my bong is that size)
all the best

noia025,

Davidius

2.5 cm may definitely not fit the VHW. I took my VHW with me to the head shops, to make sure I got a bowl that fits well.

Davidius,

Davidius

A couple days ago, I wanted to increase the opaqueness of my vapor. I turned the heat on the VHW up one notch, and began to practice drawing at a faster rate. Now I am able to get hits with quite incredible density, as opaque as I ever thought possible with vapor at least. I can get two large long opaque hits out of a bowl packing like you see in my last photos posted, and and have only light bronzing of the cannabis.

The important thing to me is not the two hits, for the second one I barely consider a hit even if it is opaque and cloudy. The important thing is that with my setup, I can get a huge lung expanding opaque hit the first hit. This is important because I want my main hit to contain all the flavor.

And I believe we are talking about the same thing, opaqueness as viewed in the bong?

If you are referring instead to the opaqueness of the vapor upon exhalation, then I also say yes, as opaque and cloudy as I ever saw from my Vaporbrothers.

Keep in mind, however, that my bong is small, and that at all this refers to using it without water.

Davidius,
hello fuckers(of combustion and otherwise) id like to start by offering my best wishes and condolences to the poor bastards who lost loved ones, lives and livelihoods in th recent victorian bushfires. im sure that they, even more than us, are saying FUCK COMBUSTION right about now. On a lighter note (no pun intended) ive had my magic wand for a couple of days and i gotta say this thing is off the scale! Ive been vripped for the last year or so using vriptechnology & the trusty old makita hg1100 (after 20 plus years of combustion) and really didnt think it could get much better in terms of taste and stonedness then along comes th wand! The first thing to note is its complete lack of operational noise, other than the sound of water bubbling and braincells melting this puppy is silent but deadly! (my neighbours will stop wondering why im drying my hair or vacuuming at midnight! Noisy fucking gun!) second is its ease of use,after swinging th makita round this thing is like holding a pen, preheat for ten min then vrip it up- easy peasy! Third is the taste, this thing deliver the thickest,richest full bodied vapors i have ever had th pleasure to inhale! And while we're on th subject of inhalation, its sooo nice to gently and intimately draw th sweet goodness off yourbeautiful herb with a gentle inhalation as opposed to the oral violation u recieve from combustion or a 2000watt blast from th makita! Well thass th most ive ever typed so im gonna go medicate now and ill get back later with some tips and wax lyrical some more! Finally a huge thankyou to my hero Mark "The Real" McCoy and my main man StoneMonkey55 for getting of sorted with this thing- this vape's for you! Peace brothers and sisters, Jason.

thevapedcrusader,
:Dhi all ive just put a lil' vid on u tube. I dunno how to do that fancy link insertion shit so i think you can just search vhw magic wand if u wanna see it..

thevapedcrusader,

noia025

Very High Quality
dindnt find anything with thaT name at you tube..
post the link for your video (video URL)

ty

noia025,

NoSmoke

I picked up the sam exact bowl piece yesterday w/ a diffused downstem and have to say it works great!!! I can use my VHW like a PD with tiny amounts!!!

NoSmoke,

graywulf

Davidius, have you considered upgrading from a slider bong? Your are a small step away from pure glass. :brow:

graywulf,
Top Bottom