My credit card used for DHGate purchases was compromised today.

DeeCee5

Livin' La Vida Loca in FL
The credit card that I use solely for Dhgate.com purchases (so I can watch for fraud) was compromised today.

Hopefully I am the only person who was affected, but wanted to post so that others who made purchases on DHGate.com could keep an eye on their credit statements.

The bank canceled the card and I'm not out any money, but I know dhgate.com is popular and wanted to raise awareness in the forum.

FYI: The last DHGate purchase I made on this card was back in November 2018.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@DeeCee5 Now I remember someone else also having the same complaint now in some other thread for DHgate. Maybe i am just not a juicy target.. If someone see my bank statement he would be sending me money,instead of trying to steal what's not there,lol.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dhgate-aaaaaackkkkk-good-bad-seller-list.25475/
Did you use it trough your phone ? Maybe it got hacked ? I've heard about scams trough apps since they arent as bulletproof as the desktop versions.

PNWdin_diver

Curious. Did DHgate have your CC info on file, or were these one-off purchases? Wondering if it’s an issue with DHgate purchase process itself, or if someone is able to steal info that is saved in their systems.

DeeCee5

Livin' La Vida Loca in FL
Curious. Did DHgate have your CC info on file, or were these one-off purchases? Wondering if it’s an issue with DHgate purchase process itself, or if someone is able to steal info that is saved in their systems.

The last four digits of my cc number and expiration date were on file at DHgate.
That appears to be their default when making a purchase.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
So many bumps, buying from dhgate. :\

What’s the least stressful way of paying, certainly not a debit card?

Do they take PayPal.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I've made over 20 purchases from dhgate on the same CC so far. I use only the website via PC running linux. I refuse to install the app.

Top Bottom