My ABV QWISO results round 3.

SmokingElectricity

VWFringe said:
I recommend water curing ABV prior to anything

I know it's supposed to be possible to cut down on the amount of water soluables picked up by the ISO, by freezing prior to extraction, but I am so sold on water cure to remove off-smells and water soluables.

just soak - 1 gallon water - 36-48 hrs. - one rinse or two - drain thru a filter bed to retain particulate

can you possibly explain your process a bit further? :)

SmokingElectricity,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
SmokingElectricity said:
VWFringe said:
I recommend water curing ABV ....just soak - 1 gallon water - 36-48 hrs. - one rinse or two - drain thru a filter bed to retain particulate

can you possibly explain your process a bit further? :)

sure,

1. add ABV to 1 gallon water
2. let sit for 2 days (shake or kick it every time you walk by)
3. drain, strain (squeeze in coffee filters) and dry (oven 180 F or leave on top of the fridge overnight)
4. if baking: powder thru fine strainer, discard stems

After a day the water will look like tea. One water change after first day can help a little. 36-48 hours should be enough if agitated occasionally.

remember if using fresh bud to dry well and freeze the bud to reduce the amount of water soluables soaked up by the ISO (don't know if it matters with ABV).

Also, I find acetone works better than ISO, though i don't usually use it (I don't use solvents much anymore, preferring edibles)

VWFringe,

keifmaker

Pax Ploom - Zmax mini- Thermo W
This is the third time that i have done this, and this is my results from about 35 grams of ABV. Most of the iso has evaporated. did it this morning.

any tips, advice is much appreciated. :D

img20101213002534.jpg
so how did it taste

keifmaker,
Top Bottom