Mouth irritation

laoxinat

Hey all, about a year and a half ago I developed an intolerance for vaping. Every time i vape my mouth burnd like crazy! I've tried a box vape, Magic Flight, o-pen, and a dab pen. What's really weird is that even smoking doesn't bother me as much as vaping. It's possible I just overdid tonight because it was the first time I'd used the dab pen. I'm thinking I need to maybe stop smoking altogether and see if that helps, but there's just no way I can tolerate this burning. Anyone else experience this? Found a solution? Halp!

laoxinat,

Squiby

Several conditions can cause a burning mouth sensation. It could be as simple as having a very dry mouth and that you need to drink much more water particularly before, during and after you vape.

Other possibilities are drug side effects. You may be taking a prescription that can cause a sore mouth.

Drinking acidic beverages like pop or soda can cause this as can common nutritional deficiencies such as the B vitamins, zinc and iron. In addition there are several medical conditions such as allergies, hormonal imbalances and nerve damage that present in this way.

I suggest you see your doctor to identify the cause. From what you have said, smoking also irritates your mouth but not as much as vaping. This is not a typical reaction and it could be that vaping has simply exacerbated an existing condition that could likely be reversed once the cause is identified.

Squiby,
Reactions: JCat

C No Ego

Hey all, about a year and a half ago I developed an intolerance for vaping. Every time i vape my mouth burnd like crazy! I've tried a box vape, Magic Flight, o-pen, and a dab pen. What's really weird is that even smoking doesn't bother me as much as vaping. It's possible I just overdid tonight because it was the first time I'd used the dab pen. I'm thinking I need to maybe stop smoking altogether and see if that helps, but there's just no way I can tolerate this burning. Anyone else experience this? Found a solution? Halp!

thc can be an irritant to the throat.. it is more scratchy than burny though.. I'd guess you were effected by terpenes in the cannabis.. a few reasons 1 - smoking destroys the terpenes so you would not have them soaked and absorbed via smoking 2- vaping preserves terpenes because of the heat regulation of the vape and not getting as hot as smoking etc...
adding a bubbler/bong to your vape session < (the good seesion lol ), will condition your vapor some making it less irritant.. a bubbler slows terpene absorption some too

a test you can do too to determine if you are allergic to cannabis... break a bud in two and gently rub the broken portion onto your inner wrist (pressure point) and wait up to 15 minutes... if the area turns inflamed you are allergic

laoxinat

Thanks for the replies. I have never been diagnosed with the syndrome that typically causes this, and in any case my husband has the same symptoms and he barely ever smokes or vapes. So I think it's possible we have some kind of bacterial or viral issue going on.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Could it be that the vapes you’re using are overly hot on your mouth? All the vapes you listed have short vapour paths which could lead to burning. I had an issue with my Vapcaps burning my lips and tongue when the hot vapour blasted over them. I use glass now and it doesn’t burn anymore.

MinnBobber

Every time i vape my mouth burnd like crazy!
Is it really a burning sensation or a super dry/irritation/scratchy sensation?
Many confuse the two sensations.
Vapor is very very dry but not really very hot. Vapor starts out at 400 + temp while a joint or pipe starts out at 1000 F.
You can toke on the last of a joint where the 1000 F coal is 1" from your mouth, so vapor is much much lower temp.

Can you try a bubbler of some sort as very cheap ones are out there. A bubbler with very warm water moisturizes that super dry vapor and makes it much much much easier on the mouth/throat/lungs.
A bubbler with cold/ice water is wrong direction IMO as it cools it more (obviously) BUT it does not need that extra cooling--it needs extra moisture.

C No Ego

Thanks for the replies. I have never been diagnosed with the syndrome that typically causes this, and in any case my husband has the same symptoms and he barely ever smokes or vapes. So I think it's possible we have some kind of bacterial or viral issue going on.
I've had a few strains that were just plain out harsh... they were not grown well nor cured out at all... even a short cure on the finished flower helps tremendously to convert some of that nitrogen over and to ferment the sugars too that are super harsh to vape... you will know well cured out bud because it will have a very minor alcohol smell where acetyl alcohol has fermented the sugars... if it smells like hay then it's to green and gonna be harsh... Too, I've had the same strain that was a super smooth vape session while the next day with the same vape was super harsh?!? could not figure it out but the vape must of worked slightly different or something

guipesa

I have tried everything I could try with the vapes I have always had dry mouth and slight difficulty in breathing, I think that the cannabis vapor that is resin sticks and separates the mucosa. Just as oil and water are not soluble.

guipesa,
Reactions: C No Ego

Fuzzmanman

Lately I have a sensation on the top of my mouth, directly behind my teeth, like I just ate a thick sandwich on toast. The skin feels raw and sensitive. I use a variety of vapes and it happens with each one.

Fuzzmanman,

Vaporware

Lately I have a sensation on the top of my mouth, directly behind my teeth, like I just ate a thick sandwich on toast. The skin feels raw and sensitive. I use a variety of vapes and it happens with each one.

I get irritation behind my top front teeth sometimes too, and I think it’s being caused by pulling a lot of warm, dry vapor right through that area. I tried consciously pushing my top lip down a bit so it doesn’t hit up there as much and that seems to help me.

If you think that could be your issue, try directing the vapor more into the center of your mouth so it doesn’t hit your teeth and gums first.

Vaporware,

Ganjajuana

I think you should find another strain. Some of them can cause the problem you have. I think that power plant can fit you. But in any case, try using a bong.

Ganjajuana,
Reactions: steama
Top Bottom