Mouth Dryness-Making all kinds of distinctions!

Honey Bear

I want to launch a discussion here on the topic of mouth dryness.
I want to start by making a few distinctions.
From what I understand some of the chemicals in marijuana make your mouth dry. How much of mouth dryness is from the chemicals themselves, and how much of it is from the smoke/vapor going into your mouth?
From there I want to ask, when just looking at vapor vs. smoke, does the vapor itself cause more dry mouth than smoke does? Less?
Lastly, what about hitting a pipe versus hitting a bong? With a pipe, you put your mouth around the piece and then inhale, so the smoke/vapor is going straight inside your mouth, so any drying it does will take place there. When hitting a bong, the smoke/vapor hits the outside of your mouth, your entire lips, and the whole inside of your mouth as well. Do you find there to be a difference in the totality of dryness, i.e. inside vs. outside of mouth when using a bong versus hitting a pipe?
I guess essentially I am getting to the following question: Is there actually a definitive advantage to, for instance the WFCM (Water Filter/Cooler/Moisturizer, which is a "bubbler" attachment for the SSV that goes inside your lips when you hit it) versus the Ice chamber SSV attachment, that you hit like a mini bong? Will the former cause a smaller range of dry mouth?
I do not have a WFCM but I do have the ice chamber. The best experiment I can do is hit the whip alone versus hit the ice chamber, and see the difference, but this is not perfect because I cannot hit the whip through water.
Which, by the way, leads to another question, does filtering water through vapor decrease dry mouth?
Do you all even have any problems with dry mouth? What to you do to prevent/remedy it? It is certainly not a huge problem for me but can definitely get annoying sometimes.
Anyways, I want to hear y'alls opinions on these questions, both in the broad conceptual sense and down to the specifics of the WFCM versus the Ice Chamber.
Happy vaping!

p.s.- There is a new WFCM up on the SSV website that is selling for $299.99 and looks INSANE! It is made with gold and shit check it out and be sure to click on the image to get a close up view. Sooooooo nice!

Honey Bear,

CapnVape

I'm pretty sure dry mouth is mostly caused by the chemicals in the plant, not the act of smoking or vaping. The reason I feel confidant saying this, is that the absolutely worst dry mouth I have ever had was from edibles(I ate waaaaaaay to much). I'm talking 10x worse than the worst dry mouth I've had from smokeing/vaping.

Now if we're taking about dry irritated throat, that's from the hot dry air/smoke. I personally find vaping does cause a little more throat dryness than smoke. The WFCM and ice chamber work well IMO but I would give the edge to the ice chamber(ice in nice). I think the combo of water and ice is much nicer than just water and provides a much smoother, less dry feeling hit.

:peace:

CapnVape,
Top Bottom