Most informative book on cannabis?

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
I'm looking for a book that has plenty of useful information on Cannibus from its biology to growing to consumption to its use in cultures all around the world, to any other of its applications. I also dont want to purchace a dumb coffee table book either. So does anyone have a good suggestion?

BTW I'm also not tryin to read it cover to cover, but as more of a reference.

Hope this thread results in some sweet reading reccomendations! Damn now I kinda wanna drive to Barnes n Noble! I think I will!

I'm also trying to find a book that has plenty of information on herbs; identification, usage, storage/preservation, and much more! If you're in the know, please shed your knowledge upon me! (Yes, I've checked Amazon and see that there are a ton of these herbalism reference-type books, but dont know which to choose from! I'm also fairly interested in the "magical" aspect of herbal practice, but I'm kinda of on both sides of the see-saw as to its true efficacy. But that's for another post/discussion I guess...)

mod note- Back to back posts merged. Please use 'Edit' to add to a post you've just made.

Cereal_MF,

survyvr

Geeky ol' Crank
Props to Vessel for the referral.

Cereal_MF said:
"...useful information on Cannibus from its biology to growing to consumption to its use in cultures all around the world, to any other of its applications. I also dont want to purchace a dumb coffee table book either."

For the best(IMO) non-fiction, science based information, in August 2012...

1) "The Pot Book" by Julie Holland , MD

and the...

2) "Marijuana Medical Handbook" by Gieringer, Rosenthal, and Carter.

IMO, one cannot intelligently discuss the subject in 2012,
without having read these reference works.
(unless of course, you're a research scientist, or such, lol!)

Good on you for looking for science based info, and good luck.

survyvr

survyvr,

Cereal_MF

Thank you survyvr! Yes, I'm interested in scientifically-based information (but not limited to such), but that which someone like me (who is not very knowledgeable in any of the sciences) can find useful.

Cereal_MF,

Cereal_MF

Thank you smokemz! For the half a decade ive been a stoner, i havent made much of an effort at learning about the herb in ways that in ways that can be applied. Now that the high no longer blasts me to space but still gives me the repose tbat i need after a days work or on a day off, i really wanna start researching the plant in a way in which ill eventually be able to valuably contribute to the global community of Cannabis users!

Cereal_MF,
Top Bottom