ModPod Labs StemPod Si

TeaCup

Anybody know how to fix a Si? One of the coils was heating up less than the other one so I changed both of them, but same problem, one side still not heating up as much. Pulled, tugged, prodded, and tightened everything I could, now I can either get less heat up or no heat up on that same side.

Any thoughts would be pretty cool, thanks alot.

TeaCup,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
Your pin is solid going from the deck to the mod through the base and the ceramic insulator is intact?

TeaCup

Your pin is solid going from the deck to the mod through the base and the ceramic insulator is intact?

Ok, so even though I checked and rechecked everything a hundred times before, I went back and re tightened everything I could see as to not embarrass myself. One of the wires going into the post maybe was a tiny bit loose and with that re tighten I have it back to one side not heating up as much as the other.....which is better than the one side not heating up like I left it at. So, nonetheless, I am happier about that, lol.

As for the ceramic insulator....hmmmm.....I only see one part of the deck that doesn't look like it was made from steel, and that's a squarish white thing that looks like it encompasses the bottom part of the post. Only one side has it, the other doesn't.

Last edited:

TeaCup

I'm having problems looking for stainless steel coils for TCR/temp mode, any suggestions???

https://www.fasttech.com/search?Authentic MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Clapton Pre-Coiled Wires

I have this page bookmarked for supposedly good ones to work in TCR. But I have them bookmarked for my Impcognito, that thing steams in TCR! So I couldn't verify for you on the Stem. Good luck. Why don't you message Dan through the message center on his site, he's always gotten back to me in a reasonable amount of time.

On a positive for me, one side still lags, but it is working. Ran one bowl through fine, and a second......I have my stem soaking in iso, soap and water right now, lol. Damn, so close. I'll get it next time!

GoldenBud

I have this page bookmarked for supposedly good ones to work in TCR. But I have them bookmarked for my Impcognito, that thing steams in TCR! So I couldn't verify for you on the Stem. Good luck. Why don't you message Dan through the message center on his site, he's always gotten back to me in a reasonable amount of time.
which TCR value? SS316? around 90~? or like TCR 185? thanks!

GoldenBud

Sorry, not sure what you mean?? There just ordinary stainless steel clapton ones that someone posted in the Imp thread as possible ones to work in TC mode. Are you asking for my personal settings on my Impcognito??
oh sorry mate! I asked values for StemPod/Imp for my usage in Dreamwood Glow 18! such an Ingathering in this shread! :D

TeaCup

oh sorry mate! I asked values for StemPod/Imp for my usage in Dreamwood Glow 18! such an Ingathering in this shread! :D

Well I don't think it'll help too much, too many variables go into getting the perfect hit for each specific person, but here they be..............

Resistance = .210
TCR = 125
P = 500
I - 80
D = 0

These work for me in a great way, but I assume you'd have to do everything pretty close to how I do it in order for them to work for you. I mean these numbers work for my draw strength, but for you, maybe you like to use a faster or slower draw so these would be irrelevant to anyone else. Atleast that's how I assume this would all work.

Last edited:

average_joe

I'm having problems looking for stainless steel coils for TCR/temp mode, any suggestions???
I got the normal ones (single coil) from aliexpress and got a roll of ss to make my own quad coils, also from aliexpress. Bought stuff from fasttech and its a lottery, it might never arrive and you won't be refunded or you might get it according to my experience but wont be buying from them anymore

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
https://www.fasttech.com/search?Authentic MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Clapton Pre-Coiled Wires

On a positive for me, one side still lags, but it is working. Ran one bowl through fine, and a second......I have my stem soaking in iso, soap and water right now, lol. Damn, so close. I'll get it next time!
I've got a bunch of extra Imp coils, just haven't got around to trying them in the Si yet.

ProfessionalHandJob,
Reactions: TeaCup

gingerbier

Space Ranger
Anybody have or can recommend StemPod SI VPC (Variable Power Curve) Profile/Settings? - Using with Geekvape Aegis Max 100W TC. Thanks in advance!
I use Geek Vape mods with the VPC, too, but have never figured it out and couldn't find any information on how to set it up. Very disappointing. Maybe this question would be better stated in a box mod thread?

I use Geek Vape mods with the VPC, too, but have never figured it out and couldn't find any information on how to set it up. Very disappointing. Maybe this question would be better stated in a box mod thread?

I have a feeling I'm just going to have to play around with the curves, I have a rough idea in my head of how the Power Curves should be, but whether that translates into reality is another question. I also tried to find info on just the mod and the VPC, but no dice. The only Info I found was pertaining to the duration of the each individual VPC Set point... "there are 5 wattage spots P1-P5. P-1 being first half-second of firing P-2 is .5 to 1 second after firing P-3 is 1 second to 1.5 seconds after firing... So on and so forth."

I also found THIS (Helped me understand the whole thing a little better)

Last edited:
Top Bottom