Modern log vape vs Arizer desktop with d dave mod

PeteyS

Hello all, In the pursuit of better vapour I have been contemplating replacing my current desktop for a e nano nxt, Xl or woodscents.
My current desktop is the arizer v tower with d dave mod. Im not complaint about the hits that I get with this setup, but I don't have any other desk top to compare it to,
If anyone has experience with these two vapes, and the d dave mod, please chime in.

From what I understand, the log vapes would deliver better flavour, and a cleaner air path, but how much stronger will the vapour production be?

nicknobody

For desktop go logs or balls

Anything you get without a silicone whip will be much tastier

I’ve had two arizer desktops in the past and currently have a woodscents and a bzero

My ws is new and is my first log. it’s a keeper however I want more logs cuz I really enjoy it and would love variety. WS imo is better in every way over the arizer other than you can only pack tiny bowls.

I can’t think of a log vape I don’t want! Underdog with sc3+ heater or alpha dog. Enano. Couch log. I’ll take one of each.

My bzero is a couple years old and I haven’t had the slightest urge to consider any other ball vape because it’s that good and I don’t think the variety is as necessary in this category

I’d also consider some portable torch vapes on the desk top power level. Dani,Anvil,terpcicle

Better flavor is a given with most current desktops. Do you want to sip on a vape and have the ability to use thru water and native? Do you like to have sessions? Want a one and done? Is a hot exposed ball vape out of the question?

Good luck!

Last edited:

PeteyS

Hey Nicknobody, thanks for the reply.
The d dave mod i use is actually his one hitter stem and shorty bowl. It holds 0.045 and gets the herb right next the the heater.

I like the one and done extraction most of the time, but it depends on the mood. I would go with a ball vape in a instant, but the exposed heater just won't work for my application at the moment.

Im thinking wood scents, as Im totally fine with small loads, and i adore the whole dyna vape line.

Do you find that the short stem of the log vapes create hot vapour, compared to the 3 ft whip that i currently use with the arizer?

PeteyS,
Reactions: pomogirl

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I have a woodscents, but have never used an arizer. It’s great with the caveat that bowl size is limited, tho I see he has a custom now that is larger.

To your question, the short stems can get a little hot if it’s the only thing cooling it. If I use a plain dyna stem I need to take smaller hits and usually prefer a lower temp (~ a 6 on my stock vvps). I mostly use it through water though. It’s fantastic with the wooden wpa, and I love one-shorting little bowls at an 8 or so. If you use a glass stem with some cooling mechanism you can also do it without water. I have a bb9 that makes that enjoyable though I don’t quite one shot bowls this way.

nicknobody

I understand the hot ball vape issues and the torch phobias. That’s why I asked

Ws isn’t harsh at all. I don’t like using my M stem with it because the stem itself gets hot. With a glass stem or dyna wpa thru glass rig/jhook it’s fantastic. Dry or wet.

I don’t think ws could be a one and done for me. I’d need a couple rounds with my current tolerance level..

I won’t comment too much cuz like I said I’m a log noob. I’ll let others chime in.

I forgot to mention all of the Heat Island units in the I need one of these vapes list above

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I don't have a V tower, so I can't help with your original question. I have a few logs so I am happy to share my insights about them.

The log thread is a great place to start for comparisons between different maker's logs:

I like the one and done extraction most of the time, but it depends on the mood. I would go with a ball vape in a instant, but the exposed heater just won't work for my application at the moment.
You can do this with most "new generation" logs. I love my Couchlog because it can function very well as a ripper or a sipper, depending on the heat level and your draw speed.

Zenith also is great at one-hit extraction, but doesn't really do slow sessions. Fantastic device and a nice "baller" for those who want to avoid coils.

I do like many classic logs like the HI and the UD, although I don't use them as often as some of the others.

My WS is the odd man out. Its very tight restriction makes for big clouds and a unique experience, but sometimes it feels like a chore. I dig it because it is unique, but I would hesitate to recommend it as a first and only log. If you do get a WS, I recommend the new tip as it just works better, even for small amounts of flower.

Anyway have fun!

Haveth

Accessory Maker
For desktop go logs or balls

Anything you get without a silicone whip will be much tastier

I’ve had two arizer desktops in the past and currently have a woodscents and a bzero

My ws is new and is my first log. it’s a keeper however I want more logs cuz I really enjoy it and would love variety. WS imo is better in every way over the arizer other than you can only pack tiny bowls.

I can’t think of a log vape I don’t want! Underdog with sc3+ heater or alpha dog. Enano. Couch log. I’ll take one of each.

My bzero is a couple years old and I haven’t had the slightest urge to consider any other ball vape because it’s that good and I don’t think the variety is as necessary in this category

I’d also consider some portable torch vapes on the desk top power level. Dani,Anvil,terpcicle

Better flavor is a given with most current desktops. Do you want to sip on a vape and have the ability to use thru water and native? Do you like to have sessions? Want a one and done? Is a hot exposed ball vape out of the question?

Good luck!
how does the silicone whip affect the taste so much? I also see you recommended the Dani, have you tried the DynaVaps? My close friend/biz partner has probably 8/9 of them so I am experienced in those:lol: but always see the Dani get recommended

Haveth,
Reactions: pomogirl

nicknobody

how does the silicone whip affect the taste so much?
Suck thru a clean tube and tell me you want that mixed with your vapor? I just don’t like the taste and potential health risks involved.
I also see you recommended the Dani, have you tried the DynaVaps? My close friend/biz partner has probably 8/9 of them so I am experienced in those:lol: but always see the Dani get recommended
Yep I have a 2020 M and a B+ I won in a live (B stem M+ tip)

The peach ring B stem is new unused cuz guess what I don’t like excessive silicone in my vapor

OP is talking about desktop vapes. Last I checked no one is comparing a dynavap to a desktop vape

✌️

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Suck thru a clean tube and tell me you want that mixed with your vapor? I just don’t like the taste and potential health risks involved.

Yep I have a 2020 M and a B+ I won in a live (B stem M+ tip)

The peach ring B stem is new unused cuz guess what I don’t like excessive silicone in my vapor

OP is talking about desktop vapes. Last I checked no one is comparing a dynavap to a desktop vape

✌️
Was just asking a question my dude, someone needs to break out their desktop vape :rofl:but really thanks for the info

Haveth,

howie105

Hello all, In the pursuit of better vapour I have been contemplating replacing my current desktop for a e nano nxt, Xl or woodscents.
My current desktop is the arizer v tower with d dave mod. Im not complaint about the hits that I get with this setup, but I don't have any other desk top to compare it to,
If anyone has experience with these two vapes, and the d dave mod, please chime in.

From what I understand, the log vapes would deliver better flavour, and a cleaner air path, but how much stronger will the vapour production be?
Use the E-Nano (big fan), however as close as I can get to the V Tower is the somewhat similar Silver Surfer. Logs taste better... Logs can taste better, but so can any number of other vapes depending on how they are set up and used. My vote for taste is an Elev8r ball vape with mods.

Cleaner air path... Ranking the amount of metal and ceramic in the hot air path, the E-Nano has its ceramic heater sleeved in metal, the Silver Surfer uses a glass sleeve around its ceramic heater and the baller has no heater in the line. All three examples can come with a small amount of hardware like clips and screens

How much stronger will the vapour production be? ... All things being correct for the vape in question, load size, glass, etc. they are all able to efficiently extract the goodies out of their load.

howie105,
Reactions: GoldenBud

PeteyS

From what i understand my V-tower has a "Dirty" airpath. Does anybody think this is a big concern? My thoughts were since this desktop has been selling for well over 10 years, it should have most of the kinks worked out, and be clean enough... right?
If not, Ill upgrade to a cleaner log vape just for that fact alone.
Up until now, I thought my V tower tasted great, even with my dirty whip, and i never had issue with harshness due to higher temps, but then again, i haven't tried any other desktops to compare.
Thanks, all. waiting for your advice.

PeteyS,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
From what i understand my V-tower has a "Dirty" airpath. Does anybody think this is a big concern? My thoughts were since this desktop has been selling for well over 10 years, it should have most of the kinks worked out, and be clean enough... right?
If not, Ill upgrade to a cleaner log vape just for that fact alone.
Up until now, I thought my V tower tasted great, even with my dirty whip, and i never had issue with harshness due to higher temps, but then again, i haven't tried any other desktops to compare.
Thanks, all. waiting for your advice.

Yes, pretty much always the artisan product is going to be cleaner in this regard, the mass produced stuff is often less impressive overall in my experience (v Tower is particularly low end for a desktop, I only have experience with the EQ but it is thoroughly unimpressive imo) log taste better for sure with all glass pathway

warren0728

Good to hear you're sold. You won't regret a log vape. Underdog vapes seems like a wise choice to me. I'd reach out and ask when their next batch should be available.
i love my underdog logs and dave is an awesome dude! all 3 log vapes on the left are underdogs!
JPEG-image-8-E78-C6-C419-C8-1.jpg

Top Bottom