Mobius Glass

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I grabbed a clear Reti on BM for cheap. I'll post pics and comparisons to the Matrix when it arrives :)

I saw that. Congrats, nice deal, man. I'm jealous, I wanted it.
I came on it soon after he posted and was trying so hard to convince myself to buy it.
But for me, money wise, I decided I can't tickle my GAS again for a little while. Doh! :doh:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts vs the Matrix.
Enjoy!

vv132

hey for anyone with a solo arizer and a mobius, what stem is best to hook it up to the mobius obviously 18mm from planetvape there are a bunch of options. thanks

vv132,

Caligula

Maximus
hey for anyone with a solo arizer and a mobius, what stem is best to hook it up to the mobius obviously 18mm from planetvape there are a bunch of options. thanks

http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhegong-high-efficiency-gong.html

What kind to get depends on you and your personal preferences. Might shoot for the middle ground and go with the 18mm HE Shorty.

Also should probably ask in the Solo thread, this question isnt that specific to Mobius glass. Youll get better response.

Last edited:

Mrmrmrmr

^^^ same as Caligula but a ion. I'd like to fit it and my solo together.
And I suggest picking up the piece now why not give in to the great GAS

Mrmrmrmr,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
^^^ same as Caligula but a ion. I'd like to fit it and my solo together.
And I suggest picking up the piece now why not give in to the great GAS

My wallet and wife hate you. Cant find this thing for under $330 tho. Any suggestions?

Caligula,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, here it is! This is the Reti I picked up on BM. Now this is a big boy bubbler!

1506923_491830874266388_707714235_n.jpg

1545638_491830857599723_2103198371_n.jpg

1466066_491830864266389_1072642899_n.jpg

brucebannor

The Cheshire Cat
I'm "almost" embarrassed to say I just bought a 60mm Stereo Matrix especially after just getting the Clear like yesterday. In my defense I was offered $120 off the price at ALT (shipping incl) and I knew eventually I'd want one and would end up paying more for it. That's my rationalization anyway. :mental:

For some reason I get more excited that I get to compare the two more than I do owning either one.

Last edited:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Congrats on picking up a Stereo Matrix, also. Sounds like ALT made you an offer you couldn't refuse.:)

And if you did rationalize why you shouldn't have gotten it...well...where's the fucking fun in that?:shrug::tup:

brucebannor

The Cheshire Cat
I should have just said it was $300 shipped but I was pretty high. lol It wasn't from ALT but that's my best reference for retail. Pittsburgh has 1 tiny glass store but the selection is sort of pitiful to something you'd see elsewhere. Nice people working but I asked about Sovereignty and Mobius but they hadn't really heard of them so no chance of that there.

But back to Mobius; I figured $300 was a steal so soon I'll post some more pics!

Last edited:

vv132

good cop on both. I really want to know how the 60t is, directly comparing it to the clear matrix. Was thinking about getting the 60b -basically the double of the clear matrix.
Also I"m surprised ALT offered you a discount straight up like that. Good snipe enjoy!

vv132,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
They don't really have similar function.

The bottom matrix has air flowing in, not out, so (IMO) it does fairly little besides look damn pretty. It does provide some amount of percolation going up to the top matrix, but not too much.

The top matrix is inverted compared to the single matrix bubs, so it feels different.

Since its a stemless design, not dewaar, you get a tiny bit of drag pulling that first bit of water through the percs.

Also, the matrices in the 60t/b are closer to the size of the matrix in the ion bubs, not the clear.

The 60t/b is great, but its in no way 2x a clear matrix bub (out of a 60t, ion matrix, and clear matrix, the clear matrix is my absolute favourite.)

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Can you elaborate?

Certainly, I'll give it a try, kind of hard to put these things into words. :)

Well, due to the stemless design of the stereo pieces they have more chug.
It's present in many ( perhaps most) stemless designs. While 'chug' can have a negative connotation, it certainly isn't always a negative, and it's something I find quite enjoyable. It's a more turbulent type of hit, without a loss in diffusion, than the dewaar matrix. The extra chug is only a negative to those whose personal preference would stear them toward a more silky smooth hit...

dewaar matrix: silky smooth
stereo matrix: violently smooth

Okay maybe a car comparison... lol.... the dewaar matrix would be like a high end luxury car where the journey is so comfortable you're surprised when you arrive at your destination because it barely felt like you went anywhere.
The stereo matrix gets you to that same destination with a giant grin on your face and your legs a little shaky when you get out the car.
Both have a place in any good garage. :D

Hope some of that... any of that... make sense and helps. lol.

Remember, these are my opinions only.... everyone has different tastes.
Some people love frits, some people think they're the debil.

@Frederick McGuire helped me out with good explanation while I was typing.
That should give you a good idea of the differences.
I prefer the 60B over the ION but I've yet to try a Clear.
But I am a fan of a little chug.

Last edited by a moderator:

vv132

thanks for the comparison both of ya, wondering to go 65t/60 tor 60b. I'm leaning towards 60b because I can rest it on a table/shelf and hit it prob easier but i have no clue. I got till april to decide i guess. I know they are all damn sexy pieces

Top Bottom