MN med cannabis community input mtgs

MinnBobber

Went to a community meeting on med cannabis in Minnesota tonight.

It was difficult to speak/ give my opinion with a paper bag over my head ;)

FYI, MN med program is extremely extremely extremely limited on what conditions are covered.
The only question to comment on at the mtgs was, " Should intractable pain be added as a med cannabis condition" ?

I said that is really a "no brainer" --off course that should be added. It would make the med conditions ever so slightly broader BUt the more important issue was adding a whole host of conditions with PAIN and INFLAMMATION, as cannabis' strength is dealing with them.
And our $200 per year fee is a barrier.
And the oil and liquids only (no flowers) makes the cost high.
Conditions are so narrow that only 526 have signed up.
After one month, almost 20% did not re-up, many saying it costs 5X black market and they cannot afford it.

A father there with 26 year old son, muscular dystrophy , who was not eligible as his pain did not qualify...crazy

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Some states don't include intractable pain and they are very limited. I use cannabis for pain because I am unable to use anti inflammatories due to the fact that it has weakened my kidneys. If I use them my kidney level goes down. If I don't my kidney level is normal. I have arthritis throughout my body. Some days its worse than other days.

That sounds like you guys need to get that medical cannabis program changed. That would leave a lot of people out of the system if intractable pain wasn't included.

CarolKing,
Reactions: Derrrpp
Top Bottom