MJ Arsenal Mini Rig water flow issue?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hey there, need some feedback if you have the time and have used this particular rig, or any of the other MJ Mini water rigs, as most seem to use “internal recyclers”. All my larger water pieces are 14mm female glass, but I like to use my Davinci IQ2 & Miqro with their 10mm mouthpiece, as well as my Dynavaps on glass stems with 10mm male ends.

So I decided to buy a small 10mm female water rig, and choose the MJ Arsenal “Titan” model, as at 7” tall, it’s their largest “mini” rig. Now I will admit, it’s advertised as a “mini DAB rig”, so my issue may be how I ASSUMED it could be used.

MY ISSUE:

This Titan Rig, is based on a “Klein” recycler, I own a larger 14mm version of a Klein Recycler, and never liked it, as the draw was restricted by having to suck so hard to move the water splash up and into the upper chamber, that then drains down after you finish your draw. I was hoping the MJ Titan in its tiny form, that might exhibit the same problem.

But, with any of the devices I listed above, no matter how hard I suck, the water splash never gets into the upper chamber. Even a Dynavap with the carb open!

I’ve looked at a bunch of poor YouTube videos that don’t show the drain. The short water movement video clips, like on the MJ site, show NOTHING in the glass joint, totally FREE FLOWING. Sure, if I suck hard with NOTHING in the rig, the water splashes up and into and down the upper drain chamber, and looks great. In fairness, with the tiny, cheap 10mm glass banger that’s included with the rig, the airflow is OPEN, and as I realized later, and wrote above, it’s advertised as a DAB RIG. I would never be using it for dabs, as I would prefer my New Vape DCup for that. I must say, the MJ Arsenal rig itself while not super thick glass, they seem very well made, the glass joints are clean and line up nice. Good looking tiny rig. And yes, I tried different water levels, and when testing, I sucked as hard as I could. (Jokes forgiven)

So I guess I screwed up. Seems like the recycler part of the rig does work, when you have little to no restriction, like a open banger. But so far for me, the devices I want to use, are not really open enough to make the rig totally functional. I don’t even know if the drain function actually adds any cooling, as the vapor has been pretty cool with no upper chamber water drain. It wasn’t expensive so it’s not a big deal, just looking for some confirmation.

Is anyone using these MJ Mini rigs (recycler versions) with restricted devices like I mentioned above, and get the RECYCLER functionality?

CF1D3692-2342-4B9F-8B14-38939CBC4746.jpeg

RustyOldNail,

Kins

I have one of those except mine has a 14mm joint. It's called the Titan XL. It works great, you just need to put enough water in it. I just tried mine in front of a mirror to see and it indeed does bring the water into the upper chamber and it drains back to the lower one...I would think the smaller one works in the same way. Try more water.

Kins,

RustyOldNail

I have one of those except mine has a 14mm joint. It's called the Titan XL. It works great, you just need to put enough water in it. I just tried mine in front of a mirror to see and it indeed does bring the water into the upper chamber and it drains back to the lower one...I would think the smaller one works in the same way. Try more water.

Thanks, as mentioned, I’ve tried different water levels.

After I bought the 10mm version, I saw the 14mm size, on a different site. It’s possible I suppose that the airflow on the 14mm would help the flow.

Are you using restricted devices like the ones I mentioned, or are you dabbing on an open glass banger?

RustyOldNail,

Kins

Thanks, as mentioned, I’ve tried different water levels.

After I bought the 10mm version, I saw the 14mm size, on a different site. It’s possible I suppose that the airflow on the 14mm would help the flow.

Are you using restricted devices like the ones I mentioned, or are you dabbing on an open glass banger?

I just actually took mine out of the closet to fill it with water and check it out in the mirror. What type of restrictive devices?. I can put my enail on it and try but I don't have a mirror in the same room. What could I attach that will mimic your situation?. Ok I put my enail in it and tried and it works the same......

Kins,

RustyOldNail

I just actually took mine out of the closet to fill it with water and check it out in the mirror. What type of restrictive devices?. I can put my enail on it and try but I don't have a mirror in the same room. What could I attach that will mimic your situation?.

FROM MY OG POST:

but I like to use my Davinci IQ2 & Miqro with their 10mm mouthpiece, as well as my Dynavaps on glass stems with 10mm male ends.

The water flow works fine if you are using an open banger, I didn’t buy this rig to dab, my mistake.

RustyOldNail,

Kins

FROM MY OG POST:

but I like to use my Davinci IQ2 & Miqro with their 10mm mouthpiece, as well as my Dynavaps on glass stems with 10mm male ends.

The water flow works fine if you are using an open banger, I didn’t buy this rig to dab, my mistake.

Hmmm. I don't have anything with a 10mm size......Wish I could help out more. Yeah I got mine to use for dabs.

Top Bottom