Discontinued MistVape Touch

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got my email today and mulled it over for a minute. But at this price i have to say yes, so i emailed the man back and asked for an invoice.

Nice man! I do not think you will regret it, looking forward to your thoughts! :tup:

I should have a new model soon too actually, expect photos and detailed feedback as compared to the previous versions I tested. Looks like things will start to get more active in here with new users soon enough!

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Fat Freddy I did some experiments and I think the cup in the female stem is a winner.
Here is a first attempt cup screen for this
cJnH4TF.jpg

Here is the screen in a female stem
2r1EQhN.jpg

The screen is tapered so that "collar" grips the side walls for more stability.
Here is the stem with a male inserted.
o8XuSKg.jpg

You can see there is just a tiny bit of clearance between the male stem and the screen
Now the really cool part. The way I have the current screen set up it takes about 80 grams of force to dislodge the screen. With the new tapered cup screen it takes about 800 grams to push it through.
Current screens set ups will be able to be retro fitted without to much trouble.
Obviously this needs to be tested before I start to manufacture them like this but I'm pretty sure this is where it is headed. Thanks for asking Fat Freddy

DramaLV

Just heard about this vape for the first time today. Haven't had time to mull thru all this info to see if it would be worth the 150 for me or not. With 4/20 sales being around the corner any chance of prices seeing $100 or under?

Shit Snacks

Just heard about this vape for the first time today. Haven't had time to mull thru all this info to see if it would be worth the 150 for me or not. With 4/20 sales being around the corner any chance of prices seeing $100 or under?

Yeah it's a wait list, definitely worth the 150, you won't see lower prices anymore though since these are priced pretty low already. Earlier lower prices were for early adopters and most of those units weren't as fully featured due to rolling upgrades. Get on the list and then see how you feel when your name comes up!

DramaLV

Got ya, well looks like I got some reading to do. Looking for something on demand to join my vape "collection" (arizer air vapcap OG and omnivap)...stumbled upon this while looking into the ff2 which is my front runner right now but as you said ill put my name on the list and keep reading

sickmanfraud

Got ya, well looks like I got some reading to do. Looking for something on demand to join my vape "collection" (arizer air vapcap OG and omnivap)...stumbled upon this while looking into the ff2 which is my front runner right now but as you said ill put my name on the list and keep reading

For the cost of an FF2 you could buy an MVT and a Milaana. I use my MVT for a good portion of the day and my Milaana for evening and getting to sleep.

I happen to believe that a "stock" MVT is much prettier than a "stock" Milaana.

Keep up the good work and GREAT vapes!!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Please no leaf for me! I live in prohibition land and depicting the plant under a good light is simply verboten... (applies to clothes or other apparel as well)

If I have to pass a security check, it's already embarrassing to explain what it is (first I say that it's an e-cig then if they are not convinced I explain how it works with dry tobacco in order to give you a unique tobacco taste that e-liquids can't achieve... whatever!)

You can see there is just a tiny bit of clearance between the male stem and the screen

What about the differences between US and ISO GonGs when using 3rd party stems? I'd prefer to keep compatibility high even if the screen can be dislodged more easily.

Please check the latest Project version (the Pure aka ShitFucker) It has a 14mm female GonG and Pipes managed to add a screen that is domed towards the heater. There isn't enough clearance with the stem tip to have it domed or curved the way you did in your last post. It has the same issue though: if you push on it you can dislodge it, but it's relatively easy to pop back into place. In fact, it's surprising how it wants to get back into shape and place, I thought it would be harder... and it's just a very simple mesh circle, not even a fancy folded shape.

Bizkat

If you signed up on the waiting list when it was $120 you still get it at that price right?
I believe everybody on the list before February 22nd is at $120.
Everyone on the list is in at $120, moving forward the Touch will be $150. Materials are costing more than I anticipated. Shipped over a dozen units over the last week and there will be a few more as this batch winds down. Ordered enough wood for 50 more units. Starting next week I'll find out how long it takes to batch start to finish.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Bizkat you are correct anyone in before 2/22/17 is in at $120, in after that date and it is $150
@DramaLV a lower price or special sale isn't in the works. Currently the price is too low and may increase again, as in the past I will honor whatever price you get on the list at. When I say the price is too low I mean that I have to find a price point that allows me to hire people to help with this unit. I am doing everything from sweeping the floor, to making the parts to shipping and customer service.
@KeroZen any engraving would be a custom item and whatever the buyer wanted but the message is clear, no leaf
The female joint on the Touch is 14/23 but the male stems should be 14/20. The standard male stems for the Touch were made in China, the female stems are Lenz glass. I believe any 14/20 stem would fit the Touch so the new screen system would accept any 14/20 male stem. At least we will examine that with the testers and go from there.

Last edited:

DramaLV

For the cost of an FF2 you could buy an MVT and a Milaana. I use my MVT for a good portion of the day and my Milaana for evening and getting to sleep.

I happen to believe that a "stock" MVT is much prettier than a "stock" Milaana.

Keep up the good work and GREAT vapes!!

Thanks for the info, after a quick look it seems like the mvt and milaana are almost exactly the same and do the same things just at different price points so I can't see why I would need both. If I went with 2 for the price of the ff2 then I'm leaning LSV and MVT right now

Anyone use the arizer air 18650s in their MVT?

DramaLV,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@Fat Freddy I did some experiments and I think the cup in the female stem is a winner.
cJnH4TF.jpg

2r1EQhN.jpg

o8XuSKg.jpg

Now the really cool part. The way I have the current screen set up it takes about 80 grams of force to dislodge the screen. With the new tapered cup screen it takes about 800 grams to push it through.
Current screens set ups will be able to be retro fitted without to much trouble.
Obviously this needs to be tested before I start to manufacture them like this but I'm pretty sure this is where it is headed. Thanks for asking Fat Freddy

Hey! Happy to help in any way I can! Looking forward to seeing the new screen mod in action!

So let's get'em all done and out to the the new owners and then its:

OFF TO DEE ISLAWND, MAHN!

images

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the info, after a quick look it seems like the mvt and milaana are almost exactly the same and do the same things just at different price points so I can't see why I would need both. If I went with 2 for the price of the ff2 then I'm leaning LSV and MVT right now

Anyone use the arizer air 18650s in their MVT?

They are not really, they have various differences laid out in this thread previously. Both are far superior to the FF2 in my experience, and honestly the LSV as well. And don't think Air batteries work, need more amps

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
cJnH4TF.jpg

2r1EQhN.jpg

o8XuSKg.jpg

I found this idea (below) over in the Milana thread and was liking the simplicity of the modification, wondering about its application to the MVT?

RE: Loading and multiple screens.

What I've been doing with the Milaana is having one basket screen pushed into the stem a bit. Then I fill the screen, and pop in one of the small ELB/DDave style rimmed basket screens to close it up. Gives all the perks of a two-screen system but is much easier to deal with than using two basket screens. If the sizing works out for your system it could solve your issue of easy loading and not having a heater screen, though personally I'd prefer to have a heater screen no matter what.

Maybe? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I found this idea over in the Milana thread and was liking the simplicity of the modification, wondering about its application to the MVT?

Maybe? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

It's a nice idea with the 14mm rimmed basket screens to top up. I find it really depends on the particular stem. Some are a tad shorter and allow that rim, some do look the same but will not provide a proper fit in the MVT causing the basket rim to get stuck down there... Was lucky to fish it out, but it would not take much more than that to dislodge the heater screen I guess.
On another note, it seems to be really hard to find those 14mm basket screens. Been in contact with several glass guys on dhgate and no one could supply any. (I know ddave has them in his fabulous kits, but being an international shipping costs are killing it.. And I would just need those screens so I'm looking for alternatives).

Tl dr : nice idea, if they fit!:)

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
@Bizkat you are correct anyone in before 2/22/17 is in at $120, in after that date and it is $150
@DramaLV a lower price or special sale isn't in the works. Currently the price is too low and may increase again, as in the past I will honor whatever price you get on the list at. When I say the price is too low I mean that I have to find a price point that allows me to hire people to help with this unit. I am doing everything from sweeping the floor, to making the parts to shipping and customer service.
@KeroZen any engraving would be a custom item and whatever the buyer wanted but the message is clear, no leaf
The female joint on the Touch is 14/23 but the male stems should be 14/20. The standard male stems for the Touch were made in China, the female stems are Lenz glass. I believe any 14/20 stem would fit the Touch so the new screen system would accept any 14/20 male stem. At least we will examine that with the testers and go from there.

@mistvaporizer I signed up on Feb 6 and you said I would probably get an MVT by April. Since then I got a good deal on a second Crafty and now have 2 in rotation. I had second thoughts on my need for the MVT and there were issues with it that concerned me; but since then you have incorporated improvement after improvement. I am so glad I stayed on the list. I am certain that when I do get to the top of the list I will be blown away with my own MVT. Your professionalism and dedication are obvious and to be admired. :2c:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Little Bill you may be up sooner than you think. I am seeing about 15% dropout rate.
Once again I am seeing people just not responding and I don't like posting this here because most people who read this are very cooperative. I posted guidelines on the list page and will probably change up to give people less time. Seems people who want in answer quick and either get their unit or drop out for whatever reason. I had one person ask to go to the bottom of the list and the next time their turn was up they settled quickly.
I'm tracking all this activity and will remember (I did database work for many years and all the sales, drop outs and feet dragers are duly noted). It takes a lot of effort to do this and I have been very accommodating with people but that is going change.
Again my apologies for posting here since most of you are also accommodating to my schedule but people just don't get it, it shouldn't take a week to have 6 people respond and purchase or drop out.

Shit Snacks

Do you have any thoughts about the zion compared to this?

Apples and Oranges kinda since Zion is regulated and the 18mm you know? We can discuss more in PM though so not to go off topic here, but Zion is definitely more capable overall (I'd compare Zion to Tubo, which we'll both be able to do soon enough... Then this could be compared to Milaana, which we've done here a few times) and far less portable

@Little Bill you may be up sooner than you think. I am seeing about 15% dropout rate.
Once again I am seeing people just not responding and I don't like posting this here because most people who read this are very cooperative. I posted guidelines on the list page and will probably change up to give people less time. Seems people who want in answer quick and either get their unit or drop out for whatever reason. I had one person ask to go to the bottom of the list and the next time their turn was up they settled quickly.
I'm tracking all this activity and will remember (I did database work for many years and all the sales, drop outs and feet dragers are duly noted). It takes a lot of effort to do this and I have been very accommodating with people but that is going change.
Again my apologies for posting here since most of you are also accommodating to my schedule but people just don't get it, it shouldn't take a week to have 6 people respond and purchase or drop out.

I think you've been more than patient with people, I think waiting less before moving on to next in line is a good idea. If most people who want it respond with in 24hours that's plenty of time, if for some reason you move on and the person came back late saying they still wanted it, you can put them at the top of the list vs bottom to be nice. You're being very reasonable, this shouldn't be an added time suck inconvenience for you, I think a lot of people saw a waitlist without financial commitment and were like what the hell I'll get on and see. You could also try starting a deposit system so people are committed, it's annoying how some people ruin things for others by not being considerate of the other perspectives involved

Top Bottom