Discontinued Minicron, Minicron Lite and Ophos Oil Vaporizers

Jman5280

How often are you guy s cleaning your Kiss carts? I know it's variable, and depends on the quality of concentrate and other factors. I'm thinking every 2 grams or so?? Here is my understanding of the cleaning process for Kiss carts:

Soak and agitate the entire Kiss cart in ISO maybe 20 minutes
Let dry for a couple hours
Do a couple 2 second dry burns to make sure all ISO has evaporated.

Is that correct?

Has anyone experienced damage to the cartridge from multiple ISO soaks? The reason I ask is I'm kind of a clean freak and will probably clean my carts more frequently than most as long as it won't damage or diminish the life of the carts....

I also soak mine after almost every gram, sometimes more frequent.

Chill Dude

I soak mine in warm 99% iso after every gram or so. Quick blast of compressed air followed by about 15 minute of dry time and a second or so dry burn. Never had a problem. I've only been able to kill a cart by digging at the solid concentrate pooled in the ceramic cup. Managed to twist the cup, which broke a wire connection somewhere.

That's good to know! So the dry burns should be kept in the 1 to 2 second range so as to avoid the burnt taste when you load concentrate? I think I read somewhere that you should avoid running the coil dry....

Chill Dude,

Jman5280

That's good to know! So the dry burns should be kept in the 1 to 2 second range so as to avoid the burnt taste when you load concentrate? I think I read somewhere that you should avoid running the coil dry....

A few weeks back my omicron lite went off in my pocket for like 5-10 minutes before I even realized it. I don't know how long the burns were constant but I remember smelling the chronic and thinking "wheres the weed"...:hmm:5-10 minutes later...I finally started feeling my pocket getting hot and realized my dumb ass was burning myself. When I looked at the cartridge it had burnt itself clean and it was dirty as fuck. It must have been burning for minutes to get it that clean. Ever since then I hold the button down for a long period of time as I watch it clean itself, depending on how much oil is in the cart, I am not afraid to push the KISS, they don't burn out.

The ceramic wick is another story...i usually break that within a month BUT both of mine still work perfectly.

Chill Dude

A few weeks back my omicron lite went off in my pocket for like 5-10 minutes before I even realized it. I don't know how long the burns were constant but I remember smelling the chronic and thinking "wheres the weed"...:hmm:5-10 minutes later...I finally started feeling my pocket getting hot and realized my dumb ass was burning myself. When I looked at the cartridge it had burnt itself clean and it was dirty as fuck. It must have been burning for minutes to get it that clean. Ever since then I hold the button down for a long period of time as I watch it clean itself, depending on how much oil is in the cart, I am not afraid to push the KISS, they don't burn out.

The ceramic wick is another story...i usually break that within a month BUT both of mine still work perfectly.
Yeah, but if you burn it clean, doesn't the next dab taste like burnt toast? I'm really into clean taste so I wouldn't want to do long burns if it will affect the flavor of the next dab...

Chill Dude,

Jman5280

Yeah, but if you burn it clean, doesn't the next dab taste like burnt toast? I'm really into clean taste so I wouldn't want to do long burns if it will affect the flavor of the next dab...

well after I did that I loaded it up with shatter and shortly pulsed it so concentrate soaked into the wick without burning too much. After that it tastes great. The next hits are some of the best once the wick is soaked.

*it was WHITE clean when i opened it up. NO iso bath + shorter dry burns ever got it that clean. I imagine it was burning for minutes straight (which normally I would have never done). This proved it's strength.

Caligula

Maximus
FWIW doing dry burns with my 3.7v carts has never caused an issue. *I typically do this until the wick turns white after an iso soak.

Also an Omicron Lite has what... a 15 second auto shutoff timer? The power couldn't have been on for minutes at a time.

* W9 does not endorse this practice and states that it can reduce the life of your KISS cart.

sn0wcap

I was looking on the w9tech site and they sell claim to be selling the Kanger Protank 2 as an attachment to the Omicron Lite, but as far as I've seen at the vape shops I've been to, the Protank 2 has 510 threading? Is Up Tech selling a modified version to fit the Omicron?

sn0wcap,

Jman5280

Look at what we are building?

Minicron 650 mah battery with our improvements and Minicron Lite also with our improvements.

The kits will include a Regular Kiss Cartridge.

Is the Omicron Lite still it's own thing?

Or is the Minicron the new Omicron Lite?

I'm trying to understand each devices level. In the past it went:

Ophos (entry)
Omicron lite (better entry)
Omicron (advanced)
Persei (best advanced)

Now is it:

Minicron lite
Minicron
Ophos
Omicron Lite
Omicron
Persei

?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Is the Omicron Lite still it's own thing?

Or is the Minicron the new Omicron Lite?

I'm trying to understand each devices level. In the past it went:

Ophos (entry)
Omicron lite (better entry)
Omicron (advanced)
Persei (best advanced)

Now is it:

Minicron lite
Minicron
Ophos
Omicron Lite
Omicron
Persei

?

order would be Minicron lite, Minicron, Ophos, Omicron Lite, Omicron, Persei.

Xxmisterleexx

What tool do you all recommend using to load the kiss carts? I just got a hold of some butter thats peanut butter consistency but it obviously sticks to my fingers pretty good. I have a titanium dabber tool but Im told thats not good if that metal touches the coil in the kiss cart. Any idea on an easier less sticky way to load these waxes with out losing much product?

Xxmisterleexx,

Jman5280

What tool do you all recommend using to load the kiss carts? I just got a hold of some butter thats peanut butter consistency but it obviously sticks to my fingers pretty good. I have a titanium dabber tool but Im told thats not good if that metal touches the coil in the kiss cart. Any idea on an easier less sticky way to load these waxes with out losing much product?

Toothpicks.

Jman5280,

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
hey guys im going to be ordering some new cartridges for my ophos soon but ive been wondering if theres any way to get the stainless steel or black mouth peices ive seen in alot of the review videos people say they used to come with the ophos and omicrons units themselves but i dont see them for sale anywhere and iom not a big fan of the silicone one that came with my cartridge

lonelyhero,

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
persei-vaporizers-ec.jpg

this is the only pic i could find of the tips,

ive been seeing these in alot of videos and was hoping i could get somthing like this with the carts instead of the silicone

lonelyhero,

Caligula

Maximus
persei-vaporizers-ec.jpg

ive been seeing these in alot of videos and was hoping i could get somthing like this with the carts instead of the silicone

Yup, those be them. If you dont see them on the W9 website, try contacting them via email or ask @nao12000

Caligula,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
persei-vaporizers-ec.jpg

Pl call in to office in the morning 10 pst. 8188496133

nao12000,
Reactions: Caligula

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
i probably wont be able to place an order for a couple days i dont drive and getting to the store to put money on my card is tough should i still call tomorrow or wait till after i place the order?

lonelyhero,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
i probably wont be able to place an order for a couple days i dont drive and getting to the store to put money on my card is tough should i still call tomorrow or wait till after i place the order?

That is fine when you are ready give us a call when you are able to place an order we will try to help you as best as we can.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Jman5280
Top Bottom