Mini Vap Glass Adapter Stuck inside another connection piece

DemiV

Any idea how to un-stuck these together? I’m not sure I got the right size but I’m sure it was 18mm…Or tricks when glass gets stuck in another piece of glass? I also noticed the glass adapter piece wouldn’t stay in its place on the Mini Vap where it’s designed to fit in.

IMG-1450.jpg

IMG-1449.jpg

DemiV,

Kebo1923

Some how I have the opposite suggestion. In the past I have used hemp oil on the connection and run the outside joint under hot water

Kebo1923,
Reactions: DemiV

Razhumikin

The 20min in freezer worked but it was probably risky. Someone else said to use a combo of warm water and ice on top.
This seems riskier to me, as having a temperature differential between the pieces of the glass caused by ice on one part and warm water on the other is much more lilely to lead to a break. Either way, glad it worked.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The 20min in freezer worked but it was probably risky. Someone else said to use a combo of warm water and ice on top.
I think borosilic glass can handle any of the methods suggested above.

The same concept is at work whether it is cold, hot, or some of each.
Just about everything 'moves', expands/contracts with change of temperature.

In this case, the materials of the two stuck pieces is the same, and though both should move/react in similar fashion, the difference in their shape may cause them to move differently, just enough to free them up.
Cold on one part, warm on the other seems logical, but sounds harder to do...

Glad you worked it out!

vapviking,

GoldenBud

freezer method works, WD40 oil work too, just clean your glass well before using

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

The 20min in freezer worked but it was probably risky
glass in the freezer is only risky if it's a sealed container with water, because water expands under temp of 0c and the bottle will be broken... like a beer or so....
other than that, you can put glass in your freezer for years

GoldenBud,

DemiV

glass in the freezer is only risky if it's a sealed container with water, because water expands under temp of 0c and the bottle will be broken... like a beer or so....
other than that, you can put glass in your freezer for years
Science!

Top Bottom