Migrating from combustion - Hints for the nostalgic ones

ander

I didn't missed the taste. Burning my Holy Herb has a terrible taste now, and it's a pure waste in terms of effect. I only missed those soft great clouds... I know, It's stupid. And I really can not explain why. So when I got my Pax2 two weeks ago, and I started to vape, I was not fully satisfied... the taste was very good, the effect fantastic, but I missed something... something that I could see in some reviews, but that I simply couldn't obtain. Something similar to THOSE FUCKING SMOKE CLOUDS.
So I've started to think that I may have chosen the wrong vape... or worst, that I was not suited for vaping. Until today!

Please share your hints, stories and experiences! Thanks to vaping now I know what is the real (and legal...) drug. FuckTobacco...

ander,

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I didn't missed the taste. Burning my Holy Herb has a terrible taste now, and it's a pure waste in terms of effect. I only missed those soft great clouds... I know, It's stupid. And I really can not explain why. So when I got my Pax2 two weeks ago, and I started to vape, I was not fully satisfied... the taste was very good, the effect fantastic, but I missed something... something that I could see in some reviews, but that I simply couldn't obtain. Something similar to THOSE FUCKING SMOKE CLOUDS.
So I've started to think that I may have chosen the wrong vape... or worst, that I was not suited for vaping. Until today!

Please share your hints, stories and experiences! Thanks to vaping now I know what is the real (and legal...) drug. FuckTobacco...

I have never owned or used a PAX but from what I have read it is a great stealth vape but not a big hitter in terms of large clouds.

You may want to look at other desktop vapes that excel in cloud production.

The Plenty really gives smoke like clouds. But it also has one of the largest herb chambers so you will use more flowers.

The Daisy is a great butane vape that is a cloud producer also.

Good luck in your quest.

h3rbalist,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Lighting is very important to viewing clouds... as is the humidity...

Take your pax outside In the early morning sun on a cold dry morning and I'm sure you will see clouds...

As for the light, blue works well or any led light, even from an led tv...

I feel a little disappointed when I exhale a huge cloud, feel like iv wasted some vapour..

kellya86,

ander

Silence speaks. No news = no regrets... so this is definitely good news. And I'm not that far from the goal anyway. If they only could stop producing that damned good American Spirit Organic blend... holy s**t...
Ok... bye bye

ander,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I used my friends Pax 2. The draw resistance on it was like sucking my thumb! Due to this the clouds I was able to exhale were minimal. It's clearly a well designed device, but I can see that this would be somewhat frustrating if you had just fucked combustion and this was your only vape.

My Volcano offers some good clouds and was one of my first vapes along with the MFLB. Even when you blow big clouds, it will take some getting used to vapour over smoke. Personally it's the flavour that I'm after and that kept me vaping. (Plus the health) The Mighty is a cloud pleaser. Lots of vapes can produce big clouds, checkout the Cloud EVO.

Good luck

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have a few portables that don't get used very much. I did just order a Ti woody Vap Cap and can't wait to give it a try. It looks like it would be the closest vape experience you can have that mimics smoking a joint. Can't wait to find out.

Consider checking out the Dynavap Vap Cap thread in Portables.

BabyFacedFinster,

verdampersweats

Ander get a Sublimator once stock comes back in, Thats my plan grind my bud fine in a 4pc and hit it with high temps for BIG clouds. Then bank the kief for emergency status and finally bank the oil too for special occasions like Christmas.

All i need is a grinder and sublimator and i will have 3 potent forms of cannabis without much effort or fuss. I would and will not even consider any other vape. I am just saving up as the Mighty was needed for on the go first.

verdampersweats,

BuzzDanklin

The best way to get clouds with the Pax 2 (or any conduction vaporizer) is to grind your herb very very finely, then make sure it's dry, then fully and fairly tightly pack the oven. Now once you get up to temp (max temp is going to make largest clouds) take loooong slow draws. Just slow long deep sips, similar to a really long drag on a tightly rolled joint. You should be able to exhale clouds doing this.

BuzzDanklin,
Reactions: KeroZen

420engineer

Ander get a Sublimator once stock comes back in, Thats my plan grind my bud fine in a 4pc and hit it with high temps for BIG clouds. Then bank the kief for emergency status and finally bank the oil too for special occasions like Christmas.

All i need is a grinder and sublimator and i will have 3 potent forms of cannabis without much effort or fuss. I would and will not even consider any other vape. I am just saving up as the Mighty was needed for on the go first.

vaped bud is not kief. keif is the powdery stuff that drops of un-vaped bud when grinding it. the residual gunk from vapes isn't anything special, I just dump mine tbh, it's nasty, horrible stuff, nothing like the sort off product used for dabbing etc

420engineer,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
vaped bud is not kief. keif is the powdery stuff that drops of un-vaped bud when grinding it. the residual gunk from vapes isn't anything special, I just dump mine tbh, it's nasty, horrible stuff, nothing like the sort off product used for dabbing etc
I think you totally misread Rodders post. He grinds in a 4 piece, he catches keif, he needs no correction.

FlyingLow,

ander

Your support and advice is really really appreciated guys. I'll try to make some points, if my weird english allow me to..!
I've called it a "migration" because I consider mine a medium/long trip from "a place to another"... I'm in the first part of it anyway, and I don't pretend it will be easy, or successful in every aspects from the start (after 20 years of fucking combustion)... That said, my first achievement is surely that I simply can't burn my sweet Lady anymore; It tastes shitty, and the effect gives me bad feelings and tachycardia. Not to mention the amount of herb that I was literally wasting; my daily use is dropped to 1/5... amazing.
I consider the "visual satisfaction" a passing phase that I will overcome soon... because vaping is more satisfying in all the other aspects... I know that a higher temperature produces more vapor, but that's not the reason why I rise it in my before-bed session..!
I'll surely consider a desktop vaporizer, but not until I've completely mastered (and upgraded) the Pax2; I consider It a "vaporization device" more than a complete vaporizer, said in other words I will try to add to the Pax some "custom solutions" to reach better results for my home sessions. I don't know if pursuing this path will be a successful choice... but that's my way.

Last edited:

ander

One for every one of you, nice guys.

The draw resistance on it was like sucking my thumb
This is the best I've heard!!!
Plenty for first 2 years of vaping got me off combustion, before I found FC and other Vapes
Migration never ends!
converted in one hit
Uh! Doesn' suits me I guess...
Ander get a Sublimator
Uh! Doesn' suits me I guess...
take loooong slow draws. Just slow long deep sips, similar to a really long drag on a tightly rolled joint.
That's the tecnique with the pax2... LITERALLY!
vaped bud is not kief.
No no... It isn't.
I think you totally misread Rodders post.
Yes yes... I think so!
vape in front of a mirror
I hate my image... shit!!!!

Sorry guys... high and drunk (without smoking) for the first time!

sativasam

NO SMOKING

Do you own or have you used a subliminator?

ander

A nice party with craft beers yesterday... Me, the Pax2, and some friends. All was going well until 1 am, when the Devil (in girl form) tempted me with a "nice", "good", "tasty" hash joint. And I said "well, I can surely have one sometimes... no?"
Yes I know that YOU know the answer, brothers vapers... Now I know the answer too: is NO! I couldn't believe that would be that serious. Even with some genuine beer the mix has been poisonous. What was normal until 1 month ago, now makes me feel so sick... in body and soul. Sometimes a defeat makes the path to victory more clear. And what seemed to be a fall, is became a successful stage in my migration trip. So this is the lesson for me today... a lesson that I know some of you have already learned well:
THERE'S NO TURNING BACK.

Last edited:

420engineer

A nice party with craft beers yesterday... Me, the Pax2, and some friends. All was going well until 1 am, when the Devil (in girl form) tempted me with a "nice", "good", "tasty" hash joint. And I said "well, I can surely have one sometimes... no?"
Yes I know that YOU know the answer, brothers vapers... Now I know the answer too: is NO! I couldn't believe that would be that serious. Even with some genuine beer the mix has been poisonous. What was normal until 1 month ago, now makes me feel so sick... in body and soul. Sometimes a defeat makes the path to victory more clear. And what seemed to be a fall, is became a successful stage in my migration trip. So this is the lesson for me today... a lesson that I know some of you have already learned well:
THERE'S NO TURNING BACK.

Good call; your “migration“ plan seemed odd, considering you can make the conversion overnight ;)

420engineer,

verdampersweats

Do you own or have you used a subliminator?

No i am saving up for one simply because it is the biggest hitting desktop and makes sublimate, Why do you ask is the oil from running flowers so low it is not worth mentioning? Do you have one sam?

Also Ander i did the same i smoked one and it made me sick and whitey everywhere, I was shaking and shit and my mouth stank like a donkeys arse.

verdampersweats,

BeardedCrow

I was never impressed with portable/desktop cannabis vapes. They just seem so mild compared to a fat bong hit.
Then one day a friend showed me his box mod vape and it had a dripper.

I thought, couldn't I just load wax on there? He said no, along with countless other people.

I did it anyways and have been doing so for over a year now.

I can honestly say my box mod with dripper, can vape wax as well as an oil rig, maybe not as good, but I have surprised many hard core dabbers.

When I smoke flower now, it just tastes bad

BeardedCrow,
Reactions: Rover
Top Bottom