Mighty Trays of Fun

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
A few months ago I was introduced to the Mighty and vaping. Since then I've never put flame to flower again. My brother-in-law, after seeing my pleasure, has purchased a Mighty as well. Weeks after that I discovered the OmniVap. Another truly phenomenal device! I got grinders, presses, picks, and brushes.

Now we have all this vapor related stuff. I decided we both needed some sort of tray. A traditional rolling tray would have been fine but I wanted something more.

I draw interiors of buildings for a living. It is something I enjoy but after decades of doing it I relish the opportunity to draw anything else that is NOT a building.

I found a talented guy that would take my Revit or AutoCad drawings and make stuff for me out of wood. I love wood! I had him make a tray for me, a tray for my brother-in-law, and a wood debowler idea I came up with based on the metal Phonecian design.

I like to make themed gifts for my friends based on stuff they like. I loaded the trays up with some neat bottles - some Star Dawg and GSC. Giving one of the trays to the brother-in-law today with all items shown (except for the Mighty) as a gift for some work he did for me. I'm going to keep one. I'm torn as to which.

ZO5s9GM.jpg

UMVfIFW.jpg

YzjMrYC.jpg

NwuTvRQ.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Awesome trays! I wish I had a CNC router to do work like this and so much more. I'm also a trained Architectural Drafting Technician that studied both Mechanical and CAD in school and have done a lot of 3D modeling in the past.

Unfortunately when I got out of school the housing market crashed and I've never really returned to the idea of doing architecture. At least I've been able to use my drafting skills to layout wood working plans and figure out things before I build them.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I totally want one too. Looks fantastic. Any chance of buying more?

I'm certain he'd love to do more. He's not a friend of mine just a talented guy I located that could work with me. Just finding someone that can follow instructions, is eager to work with me, and then finish it in a great way can be challenging to find.
When I worked with him I drew up what I wanted in Revit. Reason? Doing it that way allows me to not only make a quick easy conversion to AutoCad but I can also use another AutoDesk product called Showcase to make a nice renderings.

For example, starting the process with him on the second tray I began by sending him this rendering. I originally thought I'd like drift wood - quickly changed my mind.
EAKYAwv.jpg

I made a few changes to sizes and added another 18mm hole after this version. I sent him measurements of all the cutouts. I also sent measurements of the depths of the cutouts. From there I could shoot it to AutoCad for him if needed.

He took my information. created a rendering of his own, and sent it back to me for final confirmation.

This is a picture he sent as he was working on it.

8zQGiZ6.jpg

I know he works with Walnut, Cherry, Maple, Ash, Paddock, and Birch. He also does lamination.

The debowler idea I sent him is turning out nice too. There is a magnet sunk into the center to hold a nickel plated nail, screw, cone... It keeps the nail very rigid and is great for emptying Mighty capsules.

If you want me to draw a tray up for you that is certainly a possibility.

Otherwise he has the above designs in his system now. Those trays are big roughly 15" x 13".

This is his instagram

https://www.instagram.com/calyssawoodworks/

I don't get anything from this except the satisfaction of turning a cool community on to another talented maker. Do me a favor and tell him Phil sent you. Perhaps I'll get a discount on my next project!

Top Bottom