Might be rather dumb question but do you re medicate when the high wears off

Mookie0608

This may be a rather dumb question but also though I would ask in case a few hours down the road I can get into a uncomfortable state of mind.

When I get high I love it now unless ya just the type that I’m getting from purple urkle that is so relaxing warming and enjoyable. Typically only lasts about 20-30 minutes intensity and about 40-45 in total before I feel normal again. I was wondering since I love the body effects I know marijuana will not kill you or hurt you but do you typically wait 3-4 hours after smoking or vaping or once the high is gone you re medicate to get it back, and if you do do you take the same length hit or a smaller hit? I heard someone say at dispensary some times when you re medicate a little bit is all you need. I enjoy the high I get from this strain so much I feel weird or uncomfortable not being high. I’m so calm and relaxed and I don’t feel like throwing things when I get mad. Actually now I’m supposed to use weed for pain but there’s times I’ll smoke or vape just to ease stress. I’m at point now where the same 8 second draw barely gives me the high when I first started the strain so now I’m probably going to start taking 2 8 second draws but it feels so amazing I kind of hate when it wears off but I’m not really ready yet to try an edible, and I enjoy joints and vaping. Usually my high cbd strains have better results if they are smoked.

Mookie0608,

C No Ego

This may be a rather dumb question but also though I would ask in case a few hours down the road I can get into a uncomfortable state of mind.

When I get high I love it now unless ya just the type that I’m getting from purple urkle that is so relaxing warming and enjoyable. Typically only lasts about 20-30 minutes intensity and about 40-45 in total before I feel normal again. I was wondering since I love the body effects I know marijuana will not kill you or hurt you but do you typically wait 3-4 hours after smoking or vaping or once the high is gone you re medicate to get it back, and if you do do you take the same length hit or a smaller hit? I heard someone say at dispensary some times when you re medicate a little bit is all you need. I enjoy the high I get from this strain so much I feel weird or uncomfortable not being high. I’m so calm and relaxed and I don’t feel like throwing things when I get mad. Actually now I’m supposed to use weed for pain but there’s times I’ll smoke or vape just to ease stress. I’m at point now where the same 8 second draw barely gives me the high when I first started the strain so now I’m probably going to start taking 2 8 second draws but it feels so amazing I kind of hate when it wears off but I’m not really ready yet to try an edible, and I enjoy joints and vaping. Usually my high cbd strains have better results if they are smoked.
just reading this thread- https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/cannabis-black-pepper.1282798/

those cannabimimetics ( cannabis type compounds) really help to stabilize your endocannabinoid tone... too, Extra omega threes in your diet can make you high just using them alone.. omega three EFAs are the fatty acids that become endocannabinoids... When you are not influenced by anything and feel dull reach deep inside and Feel... just let that calm influence bath you with Anandamide ( bliss molecule) as that is the effects gained from cannabis basically... when you initiate the Bliss cascade your cells cleave off phospholipids to form into endocannabinoids that make you high naturally and hungry ETC ( cellular metabolism) .... these cleaved membrane bio-active lipid activators / mediators start out as omega fatty acids that your diet provides you... via Eicosinoids those EFAS turn into poly unsaturated fatty acids which are the acid precursors to endocannabinoids..
edit... the phytocannabinoids ( already formed cannabis created molecules that signal) simply influence /modulate the enzymatic metabolism of your cellular bio-active Amides that help the cannabinoid bio-degrade into the cannabinoid receptors... think of them as bio- charging the Fat

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/eicosanoid

Last edited:
C No Ego,
Reactions: looney2nz

HerbieVonVapster

his may be a rather dumb question but also though I would ask in case a few hours down the road I can get into a uncomfortable state of mind.

Everyone's body and reason there using comes into play. Hard to answer that one for you.
If medicating to controls pain mellows angry and stress out personally i feel a hit or 2 every 3-4 hours greatly out weighs the harm.
The reason you feel weird or uncomfortable is you become a stoner hehe. Joking aside it's like many other medications. You body become dependent on it for relief when it's not there you going feel off.

Personally I medicate everyday. After about 60-90 mins after I last medicate the pain, muscle spasming, polyneuropathy coldness pin and needles becomes unbearable. Easier to try maintain a level of active pain relief than wait till it becomes unbearable so I use as needed. I also use tincture and edibles to maintain a higher level of pain control.

Mookie0608

I noticed that, but yeah I usually do every 3 hours but the intensity of the high or what ever does not last that long. Lasts about 30 minutes 45 max like I said before, and when the high fades away the pain relief does to I really enjoy the body sensations that go on it relaxes me and that I’m it’s own feels like amazing pain relief kind of like a muscle relaxer.

TomBstoned

You can't od(die) from cannabis. Ingest cannabis however often you feel necessary. Unless it becomes a detriment to your daily routine, or you finances. Not sure where you are, but if you can cultivate it. Much easier on the wallet. Cannabis helps for many things...stress and anxiety for sure as well as pain. Many times those go hand in hand. Pain causes problems others than just physical pain. You feel better, you have a much better disposition. I find anyway.

It seems to me your thinking about it to much. Just my opinion. I'm an old school stoner, before any medical laws. I'm an amputee in a wheelchair. I use medically, but vape/dab and smoke when I want. Not just when I need to. Chilling with friends I'll recreationally use cannabis after being well medicated. Edibles can get a little intense sometimes...if a buddy says...try this, I do. Sometimes its not needed and leads to a great night sleep. Seems you already know what you want/need to do. Enjoy cannabis how you want. Medicate/recreate. It's all good. Be a stoner. I am. Btw, all my friends are well trusted long time friends. Everything is always clean medicine, not from dispensaries. We know exactly what we put...how it's grown..except maybe exact mg's.

TomBstoned

I noticed that, but yeah I usually do every 3 hours but the intensity of the high or what ever does not last that long. Lasts about 30 minutes 45 max like I said before, and when the high fades away the pain relief does to I really enjoy the body sensations that go on it relaxes me and that I’m it’s own feels like amazing pain relief kind of like a muscle relaxer.
Do you use concentrates..was/shatter etc? Not in prefilled carts. In an atty made for concentrates..a dab rig?

TomBstoned,

SillyHerbaloski

expert brain baker
When it comes edibles, they are undoubtedly long-lasting, but they can be too much for some people. I find the issue there to be simply too much of a good thing. If you overdo it, it can make you incredibly drowsy, even uncomfortable - if not frightened lol. I stay away from high doses for the most part. I'll get edibles labeled with the milligrams so I know exactly how much I'm ingesting and if it says take one, I'll often take just one, or less. I really like these hard candies I've been getting here and there because they're extremely low dosage and I can pop anywhere from one to five depending on how I feel. When I take just one, I barely notice the effects, it's just enough to take that edge off but not enough to severely alter my state, which is sometimes good enough.

With anything, I like to start small and work my way up because you can't vape/ingest/blaze less but you can always do more. And it's not about overdoing it like life's a rap video (unless your life is basically a rap video), it's about getting what you need out of it. That's my philosophy anyways.

Also, keep in mind with edibles that I've seen them take anywhere from 30-40 minutes to kick in to 2-3 hours. Depends on a lot of variables in my opinion, such as what else is in your belly. That said, always best to place it safe and wait a while, hours if necessary, in order to determine if you actually need more. Best not to jump the gun in my opinion.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I remedicate when the high wears off, to answer the question. I can't imagine waiting 3-4 hours if I needed it and it was available. Unless I was rationing, had to make it last due to shortage, or was planning to operate heavy machinery , I would use what I need. Like most people, access and finances come into play in determining consumption levels. I can't imagine being on a dose every three to for hour schedule without a good reason. Where would that dosing schedule come from? I wouldn't pick it myself.

C No Ego

I remedicate when the high wears off, to answer the question. I can't imagine waiting 3-4 hours if I needed it and it was available. Unless I was rationing, had to make it last due to shortage, or was planning to operate heavy machinery , I would use what I need. Like most people, access and finances come into play in determining consumption levels. I can't imagine being on a dose every three to for hour schedule without a good reason. Where would that dosing schedule come from? I wouldn't pick it myself.
OCD people with vape spread sheets and charts man LOL... or a timer on their phone to let em know it s vape time... could be fun if you like being pinned down to time parameters

C No Ego,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Mookie0608

A Italy I just got a vape pen. Not much for cartridges it’s supposed to be an 8th but I have no clue what they are talking about how they market and what is an 8th because the cartridge is not an 8th. There so tiny and I seen 2.2 gram cartridges so much bigger.

Anyways though it will be interesting to see how this works.

I’m starting to experiment with more and more flower now and yeah the holy grail kush seems like it gets strong but it’s still very mild. Had mango as well recently that was nice. Nice easy come in then it hit like a freight train in high gear that high lasted a nice 10 minutes then mellowed out. I vape on the hour, and it’s been amazing.

Mookie0608,
Reactions: C No Ego

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
OCD people with vape spread sheets and charts man LOL... or a timer on their phone to let em know it s vape time... could be fun if you like being pinned down to time parameters
"Every three to four hours" is just a little too pharma for me. It's not like I don't vape every day, but I couldn't tell you how long it takes to inhale, exhale, how many minutes it lasts, etc. I just vape, then enjoy my life. I can't imagine myself counting and timing if I don't have to. Right now I am so happy I'm in a position, and in a state, where I can let my adult brain and body decide how much, and when, I consume.
But, I know some people enjoy counting, timing, and focusing on the more measurable details with weed. I don't understand it any more than I understand how to write music, or paint, or visualize the other side of a cube. Different brains work differently. The world is a wondrous place. I do think if I I only felt the effect of vaping for 45 minutes max, I would take a T-break, or just make sure I Vaped again before the 45 minutes was up. I am, however, convinced that cannabis does me far more good than harm, and that it is helpful and benign. That makes it easy to use what I need, and determine what that is for myself. I'm not scared of cannabis, or over doing, nor does the idea of a T-break or microdosing scare me. I think edibles, tintures and elixers are wonderful additions to my medicine chest, and I know myself well enough to know I will use them responsibly (determining strength and tolerance slowly and not over doing).

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

It's quite simple. Get as high as you want to be, and inhale more when you feel like you need a bit more. That might be 20 minutes later, or it might be two hours later. It doesn't really matter, and everyone is different. You just use more when you feel like you need it to maintain your preferred level of high. It's not any more complicated than that.

Of course as time goes on you will develop tolerance as you are no longer a "lightweight" or "newbie", but that is perfectly normal. Having a bit of tolerance makes it a lot more enjoyable, in my opinion.

Top Bottom