Microwave to dry out your herbs

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Has anyone ever tried a microwave to dry out your herb before vaping? I will be using a MyrtalZap and I know that they like dry herb. I was thinking that I could possibly use my microwave to dry out my herb either before or after grinding. I think that drying out prior to grinding would be better to make the grinding easier and more efficient. I could use a quick timing on the heating may be like 30 seconds or so not to heat the herb to the point of vaporizing or of course combustion, just enough to dry it. I figure that this method would be very quick and efficient.
Back in the early 80s I grew a couple of small plants and would periodically harvest small amounts (2-3 gm) and put them in the microwave to get instant drying then immediately smoked it. I compared the microwave method against air drying at room temps for a few weeks and could not tell a difference on the effects of either drying methods, both provided an equal buzz.

Lycanthrope,

lwien

Naw. I used to dry out my bud, but not anymore. Takes too much of that delicious taste away. I just vape it as it comes for a few hits, dump the bowl out in my hand to re-crumble (it's now super dry), reload and take another few hits. Works great.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just let the buds sit out for a few hours (3-6 hours) before I grind. That always works for me.

Vicki,

StickyShisha2

Vicki said:
I just let the buds sit out for a few hours (3-6 hours) before I grind. That always works for me.
if i leave bud out for a few hours, it would become too moist to vape. that's what happens in 90+% humidity.

StickyShisha2,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
I ground up my herb to a ground pepper size and spread it out on my table, let set for the 6 hours then vaped with great success. It seemed to dry out pretty well in the 6 hours. I have now dried the same lot of herb out since yesterday and will Vape it tonight and see if I can tell a difference between yesterday and today. It's defiantly drier today than yesterday. I did re-vape my duff from yesterday and got a few wispy hits. It was a light brown more like a tan color with no green what so ever.

Lycanthrope,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ive heard of people only microwaving their buds to decarboxylize it. A great suggestion I heard to help 'dry' your bud is to use the top of like a little tin or something placed on the top of your TV or other (low heat) device. You microwave it and you may be losing more than you bargained for.

AGBeer,

lwien

AGBeer said:
A great suggestion I heard to help 'dry' your bud is to use the top of like a little tin or something placed on the top of your TV or other (low heat) device.
But even with low heat devices, you have to be very careful in that if you are trying to dry out very high quality bud, your room can literally reek within a very short period of time.

lwien,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Hydrophilic
I dry out my MJ because almost everyone that has a MZ including the manufacturer says to dry your MJ out; the drier the better. I'm just following the status quo and recommendations of this forum for the MZ. So far it has worked very well for me.
The stuff that I have now is a bit on the dry side anyway, I grind it before drying thereby exposing a greater surface area facilitating drying. It takes about 6-10 hours at ambient room temperature to reach a dryness that Vapes well.

Lycanthrope,
Top Bottom