Microscope for viewing buds and stage of maturity?

MinnBobber

Would a Bresser ETD-101 lighted microscope (7-45X power) work for viewing cannabis buds, both to examine for general quality and to assess maturity (clear or cloudy or amber)??

That model has 7-45X power. Is that going to work?

thanks for any info / sharing your experience with microscopes & cannabis!

Tranquility

Would a Bresser ETD-101 lighted microscope (7-45X power) work for viewing cannabis buds, both to examine for general quality and to assess maturity (clear or cloudy or amber)??

That model has 7-45X power. Is that going to work?

thanks for any info / sharing your experience with microscopes & cannabis!

Do you really need something that expensive for your purposes? There are cheap USB microscopes out there that may meet your needs. Heck, if you get a special cable you can hook a lot of them up to your phone and check on things non-destructively.

howie105

A jewellers loop and steady hands works well for on the plant sampling. Its easier to scan a bud as the focal length changes across the bud surface changes if on the other hand if I am willing to spend the time working on one view of a bud its nice to get a quality picture with a USB micro cam. I guess it comes down to what a device is being used for and how well I do my part.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I took this pic of GDP:

ZLDdeS8.jpg

With one of these:

UEB 1000X 8 LED 2MP USB Digital Microscope Endoscope Magnifier Camera With Lift Stand (£23)

41mkURPEIHL._SY400_.jpg

Top Bottom