Michigan news...

basement farmer

My face is melting...
The MI senate wants to reschedule MJ as a Class II and make it available from pharmacies. The existing MMJ laws will remain unchanged. Sounds like a reasonable approach for getting the product to those potentially averse to the current dispensary system.

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131114-909884.html

My only concern is how this may effect potential future legalization initiatives for recreational use.

basement farmer,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

honorface

vape weed; eat yogurt
It will allow patient to patient sale also so we can get our dispensaries back where they call sell just like a shop.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
My county passed their little "decriminalization" bill the other night. There's a lot of red tape though. It's awful hard to be able to decipher what's legal and what's not.

basement farmer

My face is melting...
I see this measure as a great way for people my parents age and who tend to be conservative but willing to try MMJ for some very legitimate medical reasons. Let's face it, the dispensary scene isn't a place where most conservative types would be willing visit. Perhaps it's a way to win over voters from the other side.

I haven't read the exact details, but I give credit to the legislators who are considering the effort to push it through. It shows a level of open-mindedness.

Considering the fact that they are trying to get the feds to reschedule weed, it probably won't gain much traction though.

basement farmer,

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Yup my mother would never consider going to a dispense but a pharmacy she goes to all the time.

My mom had a double mastectomy w. chemo and radiation therapy a number of years ago and personally expressed the fact that she would've considered it as a medication had it been available at the time. This coming from a senior citizen who has probably never even tried it before in her life. There is absolutely no way she would've ever gone to the lengths that I have to get a license and obtain cannabis.

Let's face it, it's still quite quasi-legal and has a mixed reputation among the general public.

Maybe this is a great way to rectify the situation. I just hope it isn't a veiled means to impose more regulation in the future. On face value though, it sounds like a very mature approach.

basement farmer,
Top Bottom