MFLB- Weaker performance with dank

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytb_sun

Hey all,
I've loved my MFLB to vape my usual mids (which are pressed). I'd get a great effect with 1/2 trench or less.

But now I'm noticing something very different with my new order of fluffy dank- I need a full trench to get the same effect. It feels very wasteful. Most importantly, it blackens twice as fast as my mids do.

Nothing else has changed- I still grind, heat, and inhale the same way. It's just using different herb.

Do you guys notice the same thing? Solutions?

I thought about drying my dank, but it seems to not really work... I ground it up very fine and let it sit on a tray while slightly covered for over 24 hours. Still, it's hard to vape from.

Last edited:
ytb_sun,

max

Out to lunch
Do you guys notice the same thing?
If your stuff is still fluffy when you load it, then it's not MF friendly and your results won't be as good. The MF likes a fine grind and I've found that when I provide that, no problem. A coarse grind, due to too much moisture content, doesn't do nearly as well in my experience, no matter the grade. The MF is mostly conduction so you need as much surface area of the herb in contact with the screen as possible. If you can't get a fine grind, even after drying it out, you may have to suffer with wispier hits and stir more, or just use that higher grade herb in another vape.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Put your herb in a pill bottle with a couple of nickels and shake the shit out of it after it comes out of the grinder. Should turn it to powder if you shake it enough.

deadheadbill,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom