Metal Keck Clips

ReeferChiefer

Hi everyone, not sure where to post this so I hope this is ok.

For a long time I have looked for Metal/Stainless steel keck clips but either they are hard to find, overly priced or sold out. I specifically avoid plastic clips because they never fit as they should and most of them snap in half after some use. The metal clips last much longer and can be reshaped just enough to fit properly but I always find it hard to justify the cost. I have finally found a great source that sells them cheap. They are all (10mm-19mm) $2 each as opposed to a regular price of $14+ each depending on size. USPS Priority shipping is about $7. I hope this will help save some people money.

14mm

19mm

Last edited:

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Cool!

I like these keck clips more, but I have never seen them for 19mm. That is a great price!

2lc31Ix.jpg

jojo monkey,

ReeferChiefer

Technically they're 18mm but they are advertised as 19mm. I like that style clip but let me show you why I went this route. If you notice, the top and bottom are separated, they aren't fixed together like the other style. The advantages of this is that you can manipulate the two sides independently to fit just about any combination of bowl and joint. This way you can adjust the top or bottom to open wider or close it smaller if needed, and also allows you to widen the gap between top and bottom since some bowls don't sit at equal distance from the top of the joint depending on the bong/bowl combo. After having used all the different designs, this is why this seems to be the best IMHO. Plus they are super cheap!

okjPXop.jpg

d66VJO1.jpg

vWkdRmG.jpg

ReeferChiefer,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I purchased one for my 18mm bubbler & it works fine, I paid $5. That said it did fly off my piece & there is now a small chip in the 18mm female connection. Nothing major but be careful when adjusting the clip as it may do something similar.

Stevenski,

ReeferChiefer

I purchased one for my 18mm bubbler & it works fine, I paid $5. That said it did fly off my piece & there is now a small chip in the 18mm female connection. Nothing major but be careful when adjusting the clip as it may do something similar.
What kind did you use? Is it the one I posted? If so I can't imagine it doing damage like that, it's basically a bent paper clip.

ReeferChiefer,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Exactly the same as yours mate. I just had a look at it thoroughly & it certainly caused it. When the clip sprang off, the inside of the 45degree bent part must have caught the inside of the 18mm F joint on top. Looking at how it lines up now I can see it was a 1/1,000,000 chance of it happening the same way for anyone else. Either way buyer beware & ensure it is clipped together securely etc before use.

Stevenski,

ReeferChiefer

Damn that is unfortunate. Anytime you put metal to glass under pressure you do need to be careful.

ReeferChiefer,
Top Bottom