Medium High Temp Lover, any others? Back Me Up Homies!

midnight rider

Been putting my HA through all temps 285-380, good taste but no warm fuzzy

Last time i set er up with a fresh crucible and blew two bags at 385 and one at 395 and loved it.
OK pay attention first year psych students cause i'm gonna give an example of rationalization here.....
Now I KNOW darn well that benzenes and nasties start over 380, but considering the fact that i've combusted 97,000 one hitters in my day, (probably grossly underestimated if anything), aren't i still making strides toward better health here? after all it's not combusting, getting brown abv not grey ash. maybe i will be able to dial er down to 365 or whatever later but heck even if i don't i think i've gotta be better off in the long run, 395 is a helluva lot cooler than a bic gets :uhoh:
so are there any other vap-ers on here who like to dial it up to the med/hi temps and blast away like me? i know i aint right but hey don't be hatin :lol:

midnight rider,

lwien

midnight rider said:
so are there any other vap-ers on here who like to dial it up to the med/hi temps and blast away like me?

I like mid-high temps.

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i usually end up there.

maybe you're liking the CBN feeling that you get around 360-375. i find it to be the most addictive part of the bud because it hits you immediately.

i never turn it up that high that quickly. the air gets too saturated and gets really harsh, far more harsh than smoking even.

this is theoretical, i always get the fucked up, hits you too quick, addictive feeling around 360 indicated on the HA.

after doing an internet search, it appears that CBD is the compound that releases in that range, maybe that is the desired compound.

OO,

midnight rider

sorry, i should have said that i couple the bag mouthpiece to a downstem on a water pipe to filter and hydrate, no harshness that way

midnight rider,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
I also have the HA. You will not be able to burn anything even at the max setting. It will be much better then smoking of course.

I like to start around 370 in the HA and then I usually work my way up to the max.

This is mostly because I love indica and I want a good range of cannas.

You are not alone my friend.

gettin lifted,

midnight rider

thanks guys, i knew there had to be a couple other
heat freaks out there besides me :p
yeah that HA is a beautiful thing, not even close to
combustion at 395 :cool:

OO wrote:
after doing an internet search, it appears that CBD is the compound that releases in that range, maybe that is the desired compound.

I have no doubt you are on the right track with that one, probably explains my unruly behavior in the temp department!
luv this forum you guys (and gals!) are all awesome wish we could all blaze in person
imagine a big outing with like 1,000 people, 5,000 vapes :o
oh i'm not worthy

midnight rider,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
i have an ion and i'll put myself in the unruly category. i really prefer the higher temps in the evening or for pain control.

daytime i tend to keep it closer to 380-385

:uhoh: shhh, dont tell anybody, but i really prefer a good thick solid chalky 440 bag *gasp* :uhoh:

but, usually i'm a good girl and keep it as low as i can, depending upon the kind of medication i need at the time of course.
i've found lower temps sometimes make me jittery. or maybe it's crappy herbs.

herbgirl,

Nosferatu

Hahah I'm in the same boat, I need those high temps to get all the unique ingredients to the strain. So what risks exactly does this "benzine" pose health-wise?

Nosferatu,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I usually take the HA up at least to 380 or 400, but just to finish. I always start at least as low as 350 and sometimes lower, maybe 320.

I appreciate the slightly different taste and effects, but i usually am going for the full effect, I hit it with the low temps, and then wind up turning up the heat once i can't get anymore at a lower temp. I think starting off too high may be bad for some of the terpenes that start boiling off at the lower temps.

Still, it does give you some thinner hits to start off when you use those lower temps, but i enjoy hitting the full range anyway.

rabblerouser,

Beezleb

rabblerouser said:
I usually take the HA up at least to 380 or 400, but just to finish. I always start at least as low as 350 and sometimes lower, maybe 320.

I appreciate the slightly different taste and effects, but i usually am going for the full effect, I hit it with the low temps, and then wind up turning up the heat once i can't get anymore at a lower temp. I think starting off too high may be bad for some of the terpenes that start boiling off at the lower temps.

Still, it does give you some thinner hits to start off when you use those lower temps, but i enjoy hitting the full range anyway.

Starting off at a lower temp and slowly rising is what I explain to people to do who I talk to on vaporizers when they are having harsh issues. Along with taking sips of a drink and potentially using something to cool the vapor like a bong. Really depends but just wanted to point out some different benefits of vaping like that. Potentially less harsh and you feel the effects differently at the different temps and can more easily build your sensation than say just packing a bowl and having the whole effect at once.

My general vape temps, on the DBV its about 2 to 3 oclock (may vary from DBV to DBV) and go up a bit over the course of the session but I typically just leave it on the same setting anymore and save for swamp water, on my Zephyr and the one I use mainly I like 325, 365, 385 vape a bit at each temp and gradually make your way up to 385. I typically do not go past 385 and save for swamp water. Later and in the evening I might take it 410 but I rarely do that anymore.

Many ways to get where you want.

Beezleb,

lwien

Ok, so I had my Ash PD laying around for a bit and this thread got me motivated again to try vaping at different temps. Strictly going by the looks of the ABV, I'd guess that my cherry PD is operating at around 390 to 395 being that the ABV comes out a very, very dark brown........about the color of dark chocolate.
The ABV in the Ash PD comes out a light to medium golden brown, so I'm thinkin' it's around 370 to 375.

Fired them both up last night, loaded up a stem and took 3 hits from the Ash unit followed with 2 hits from the Cherry unit to finish up the stem.

Very, very nice. I think it was Luchiano who mentioned that if you start off a new bowl at lower temps and finish it off at higher temps, there are less toxins released. I don't know if that is true, but I can say that I really enjoyed the experience last night, and I am a little less fuzzy in the morning.

I think I will stick with this double PD rotation for awhile. I like it being that I can start low in the temp range and end up high in the temp range but still maintain the efficiency of using a PD.

Which reminds me. It'd sure be nice to see some user reviews of the OCD.

lwien,

vape4health

Holy shit lwien , are you realy admitting that you just may like variable temp . :o :o Just fuckin with you man :peace:

I tend to enjoy the hotter side , I even play with too dark in the LB sometimes , when doing too hot in the lb out of like 10 hot hitts can usually do 9 good ones then I'll get one that was a bit to hot and it gets harsh but I have to hit it a certain way to get up into them temps , lots of pause's and very slow breath.

vape4health,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
midnight rider said:
so are there any other vap-ers on here who like to dial it up to the med/hi temps and blast away like me?

I like mid-high temps.

As do I, and I seem to be able to get more where I want to be with my MFLB. I can really tell I'm getting the medicine my body needs for pain relief.

Vicki,

midnight rider

wow, my first thread and it got people motivated to try new temps, maybe i started a trend? ;)
see, you can believe me... if the midnight rider tells you a chicken will pull a wagon, you hook him up! :peace:

and masbanji... google benzene for more info but it's a carcinogenic found in smoke along with many other nasties which is why most folks vape, to avoid such things

midnight rider,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
as a recent convert from smoking, i prefer to go through the whole temp range in every session. i find that if i don't i feel unsatisfied. like if i vape low temps, i miss the couchlock, and vice versa, if i do high temps, i miss the headiness. btw, i haven't smoked a bowl almost a month now!!!

i think the best way to recreate the 'smoking' high is to go through the whole temp range in a fairly quick period of time!

do people who prefer to vape at higher temps, also prefer indicas instead of sativas?

afterall, indicas are generally known for couchlocking, whereas sativas tend to mindfuck you more. you should be able to amplify the effect your looking for by vaping indicas at high temps and sativas at low temps.

notmyrealUSERname,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
When I used my Extreme I would start at 235 and sometimes 240. I thought those two temps gave the best clouds. If I had time to have a long session, 230 was the best compromise between taste, efficiency, and clouds for my personal style of vaping.

finchrock24,

the_germinator

Indica- never had Sativa that I know of... :/ I run my volcano at 415. sometimes I drop it down around 400. also have used PD, which seems variable by draw speed to me. it works for me. thats all i can ask :2c:

the_germinator,

Nosferatu

I personally just feel awkward hitting a log vape or staying at that temp. I need to go a little higher to have a comfortable more full feeling high, but that just may be my tolerance or crazy mind.

Nosferatu,

OO

Technical Skeptical
masbanji92 said:
I personally just feel awkward hitting a log vape or staying at that temp. I need to go a little higher to have a comfortable more full feeling high, but that just may be my tolerance or crazy mind.
recently i've been feeling that the CBD temps are what really feels addictive.

OO,
Top Bottom