Max Voltage Settings for THC Oil (Brass Knuckles w/ Wismec Reuleaux Gen3)

Hi,
Got a question about how to start vaping THC Oil.

I've been loving my Splinter Z with Wismec Gen 3 mod for dry herb vaping,
I updated the firmware to Arctic Fox, but still mainly use it on Wattage mode.

Just recently I got some THC Oil (http://www.brassknucklesog.com/), which comes in a cartridge with a 510 thread.
The advice given to me was, "Don't let the Voltage go above 4V as this will burn/break the coil".

However, I'm struggling to figure out how to set max Voltage on my Wismec. Seems like I can't, even with the custom firmware?

Is there something I'm missing, or am I supposed to get some different kind of special vape for THC Oil?

Edit: Thinking maybe one of these? https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Vape-Cartridges-Variable-Honeystick-Vaporizer/dp/B07WZGPZZP
PS: Yes I am aware of BK controversy, supply deemed official from my contact.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Vapelung2032,
Reactions: arb

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hi,
Got a question about how to start vaping THC Oil.

I've been loving my Splinter Z with Wismec Gen 3 mod for dry herb vaping,
I updated the firmware to Arctic Fox, but still mainly use it on Wattage mode.

Just recently I got some THC Oil (http://www.brassknucklesog.com/), which comes in a cartridge with a 510 thread.
The advice given to me was, "Don't let the Voltage go above 4V as this will burn/break the coil".

However, I'm struggling to figure out how to set max Voltage on my Wismec. Seems like I can't, even with the custom firmware?

Is there something I'm missing, or am I supposed to get some different kind of special vape for THC Oil?

Edit: Thinking maybe one of these? https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Vape-Cartridges-Variable-Honeystick-Vaporizer/dp/B07WZGPZZP
PS: Yes I am aware of BK controversy, supply deemed official from my contact.

Thanks!

I don’t use my mods for distillate carts, as many are large, defeating the purpose of the tiny size of carts. However, any device that has accurate LOW voltage and Wattage settings can work. My ADVICE, get the inexpensive YOCAN UNI PRO, it’s small, and designed for carts. Good luck!

badbee

Full size mods are a pain in the ass to use with oil cartridges. Cheap dedicated cart batteries are far more convenient.

It is possible to use your mod and if you definitely can't get your mod to show voltage level you can figure it out with this equation:
Power = V*V / R (voltage squared over resistance)

If you want voltage between 3 and 4 volts and your cart has a typical resistance of 1.4 Ohms than you want power setting of the mod to be between 6.4 W and 11.4 W. The mod will show your cart resistance and you'll need to plug that into the equation.

damm

I stick to the battery I got from my dispensary as I found it works the best w/ the rosin carts I buy. Now I did use a MOD the other week when I got some oil on my battery, and it needed to be cleaned, so I used an iStick Pico X from Eleaf, and it used 8 watts okay.

Really uneven hits, though, so when the battery was clean and dry, I switched right back.

I am aware of why MODS doesn't work well with cartridges; I don't have the brainpower to explain it as I have been using my Flowerpot Weedeater.

damm,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah grab something from the yocan lineup (I am digging the new uni twist) I have a ton of these cartridge batteries... You do not want to use a mod like for convection vaping for something like a dispensary cartridge

Shit Snacks,
Yeah grab something from the yocan lineup (I am digging the new uni twist) I have a ton of these cartridge batteries... You do not want to use a mod like for convection vaping for something like a dispensary cartridge
Is a istick eleaf 30w considered a mod? I've had it for ~5 years, only used it a one time for nicotine. It looks like it may preform similarly to a YOCAN UNI PRO. I'm switching from opiates to cannabis for my chronic pain and just got a Mighty for flower in preparation for my state which went legal for medical, starting August 15 this year. Supreme Court through it out though this month. Bastards. Anyway, I'm taking a long road trip to a legal state and stock up in a couple months and want to have all the proper gear. TIA

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Is a istick eleaf 30w considered a mod? I've had it for ~5 years, only used it a one time for nicotine. It looks like it may preform similarly to a YOCAN UNI PRO. I'm switching from opiates to cannabis for my chronic pain and just got a Mighty for flower in preparation for my state which went legal for medical, starting August 15 this year. Supreme Court through it out though this month. Bastards. Anyway, I'm taking a long road trip to a legal state and stock up in a couple months and want to have all the proper gear. TIA

That’s a MOD, as long as it reads the resistance of the cart accurately, and can MANUALLY get down to LOW VOLTAGES, like the range of a YOCAN 1.8-4.2 volts ACCURATELY, will work. Your cart will have no physical protection as the cart is exposed on the top of the mod. The Yocans are so cheap, and specifically designed for carts, so... up to you.

Top Bottom