Matthew Good

Pseudonymous

Nameless
He's coming to my university and I don't have tickets! Brutality, I say! I've always been into him since I was younger and my friends would watch Much Music and I'd hate it aside from a few songs (Matthew Good Band obviously being one I liked) which is before I really even "officially" got into music. Anyway, as people do, they don't listen to things constantly, but everything I have listened to and loved I still love. It just isn't necessarily as fresh, but considering Matthew Good is coming here and that he has released a new album, my love has been rekindled!

Vancouver is an absolutely amazing album. I am blown away by it. My two favourite musicians are Neige (Stephane Paut) and Yann Tiersen. I've honestly got to add Matt Good to that list after this album. Every single track on the album is very good. And amongst those very good tracks are around five or so that are incredible, and amongst those, there are even better ones! I'm just blown away by the album, it's been completely dominating my computer/CD player.

Of course, this prompted me to listen to more Matthew Good Band, too! Turned on Beautiful Midnight from start to finish recently for the first time in a while and I can't believe I missed Born to Kill before! That has to be one of the best tracks ever. So perfect! As soon as it comes on, I really just sense a certain mood that even if I listen to the track in isolation, it just feels like it's the last track on the album for some reason. And the album is laid out very logically (not the American pressing though) as you notice it's sort of a concept album with each track being assigned an hour in the day. And the end of the track? So epic, so chaotic, so beautiful. It really reminds me of Cult of Luna even, or even Sigur Ros to some extent. It's one of those things where you need to really pay deep and close attention to appreciate because you need to know what each and every instrument is doing.

This is a little incoherent though, I'm just in one of those "I'm high and fuck! This music is hitting the spot!" moods, but the thing that makes it notable is that this has been happening nearly every day and all thanks to Matthew Good.

Pseudonymous,

hopandstop

Nice that he's going to be at your university. Hope you can get tickets to see him.

I consider Underdogs, Beautiful Midnight and Audio of Being some my favorite albums. However, Hospital Music and Vancouver are growing on me.

I agree about Born to Kill... great track. One that I always have to listen to is Champions of Nothing on Hospital Music. Just.... awesome.

hopandstop,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
Listening to Champions of Nothing now! Easily one of the best tracks. The solo is nice, too, even if it's ridiculously basic pentatonic stuff.

Pseudonymous,
Top Bottom