Marc Emery

Pseudonymous

Nameless
Please, do not put this in the Cannabis News section.

I think Marc and Jodie Emery are being absolutely ridiculous and even pathetic. Watch her youtube channel and the second CC podcast.

The guy wants to be a martyr, fine. But he's complaining about being in a place where people can actually watch TV and even play video games and are being fed. Apparently being forced to watch CSI while you are in prison is absolutely horrible. There are people in this country who are even dying from starvation in this country and he's crying because he has to last a few days with food that isn't to the standard of what he's used to.

I don't know, I just think it's ridiculous. The extradition is ridiculous, no doubt, but if the guy wants to be a martyr, he should do more for his tough guy image by not being such a wimp.

Pseudonymous,

Frickr

he knew the laws that the US government has. he made the business decision to sell seeds to people in the US. By taking this risk and getting caught, i think he should take his punishment as a man. Jail sucks i dont wish it on anyone, but if you are knowingly breaking the law, sooner or later it will catch up with you.

Now that doesnt mean i agree with what the US government is doing, infact, i think this is a publicity stunt put on by the government much like the whole sting operation with tommy chong. Is it right? Hell no. but i think this may possibly be one of the last times we see this happen as the tables are turning, and the wheels moving a lot faster then our government cares to notice. They are still stuck in the 1930's prohibition era mentality that cannabis is the devils weed, whereas americans as a whole support the legalization of it. so i feel this is sort of a last ditch effort on their parts to try and push their "power" as far as they can one last time hoping that maybe if they get "the prince of pot" that this whole "bad dream" of marijuana legalization will fade as soon as marc is placed behind bars.

once again, marc made the business choice, now face the concequences, but i still dont agree with what the government is doing here. it happens on a daily basis, its unfair, unjust, and plain out wrong, but when there are only a certain handful of people with the balls to stand up for our rights, not much can change till everyone in the country starts fighting for their rights as citizens that is slowly being taken away by every new bill passed by congress...

Frickr,

Monsoon

I think that's a bit unfair Pseudonymous. By that point he had been in prison for 2 weeks, he didn't have anything to do, and he had been bored out of his mind. What else is he going to talk about, especially since he's relatively cut off from the outside world? And criticizing him for voicing his honest opinion would like criticizing your post because as you said there are people in this country dying of starvation so we should all just talk about them instead. What would you talk about if you were calling from prison and wanted to be honest?

Check out podcast #3, it's all book reviews.

Monsoon,

Beezleb

He is an activist not a martyr so to speak. His statement is typical from activist but if your looking at it with a martyr type view than it does come off a bit sissy like in my view but hes an activist so I dont see much wrong with it.

He has done good by his seeds, due to that I hope the best for him.

Beezleb,

Rick

Zapman
Only thing I know about him is I got my first "good" seed from him years ago(10 maybe?). They were good except one was special. Big Mac was ready in 45 days with rock hard nugs. Never forget that. Sure wish I had some now.

Rick,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
Selling the seeds is a good service, but it wasn't a selfless service. It's the same as most drug dealers. Sure, you are voluntarily paying the price, but the price is highly inflated. I suppose you could say the same is the case for corporations and other business, and it's true, and you know what? I don't really like them much, either. But they don't claim to be martyrs or more than just businessmen. Emery frequently cites about how much money he donates and gives numbers. The numbers I recall him citing were certainly implying he kept more money than he needed to just "get by comfortably." The guy's rich as hell.

While he does definitely help out "the cause" a lot with his money and publicity, it isn't selfless like he seems to imply it is. That's all I'm really trying to say. But I believe people like Marc and Jodie do have a detrimental effect to "the cause." They are too outspoken on some issues. Jodie simply seems to regurgitate what Marc says and Marc tends to propagandize things, bend truths, and attacks things that aren't even really being said sometimes. Both are very active on Facebook (Marc not so much anymore) and they both a lot of news articles and videos. Recently Jodie posted a video by some absolute radical extremist nutjob who was trying to tell everyone that the New World Order is upon us in the form of the United States supporting a world-wide communist government.

I do not want them representing me.

Pseudonymous,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Pseudonymous said:
Recently Jodie posted a video by some absolute radical extremist nutjob who was trying to tell everyone that the New World Order is upon us in the form of the United States supporting a world-wide communist government.

I do not want them representing me.
Have you seen any of Alex Jones' documentaries, like The Obama Deception or Bohemian Grove?
Granted that he takes leaps of logic at times, but I find the general concept of what he is laying out to be at least slightly credible.

jeffp,

Mark

John Brown
Pseudonymous said:
Please, do not put this in the Cannabis News section.

I think Marc and Jodie Emery are being absolutely ridiculous and even pathetic. Watch her youtube channel and the second CC podcast.

The guy wants to be a martyr, fine. But he's complaining about being in a place where people can actually watch TV and even play video games and are being fed. Apparently being forced to watch CSI while you are in prison is absolutely horrible. There are people in this country who are even dying from starvation in this country and he's crying because he has to last a few days with food that isn't to the standard of what he's used to.

I don't know, I just think it's ridiculous. The extradition is ridiculous, no doubt, but if the guy wants to be a martyr, he should do more for his tough guy image by not being such a wimp.
He should not be there though, at least not in american prisons. And every one of those starving people, in THIS county, completely there own fucking faults, there is no excuse to go hungry in this country.

Mark,

aero18

vaporist
Mark said:
He should not be there though, at least not in american prisons. And every one of those starving people, in THIS county, completely there own fucking faults, there is no excuse to go hungry in this country.
There are a lot of people who go hungry because they are in poverty and cannot get adequate food (even with food stamps). Some parents have to cut their own food to feed their children, even in America.

It's not always their own faults. And anyways, why would the children be at fault? That broad-sweeping generalization is definitely not fair or representative of the hungry.

aero18,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Wow Mark, not cool man. There are so many starving children it's ridiculous. It's not there own fault but it is absolutely dumbfounding that so many people are starving in the richest country in the world. That was a pretty insensitive thing to say though dude, not everyone is born into privilege. You should check out some Barbara Ehrenreich books like Nickel and Dimed, not the greatest writing but gives you a good perspective on what it's like to really struggle in America.

bluntfaced,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
Another thing I don't like about Emery is that he mixes politics too much. It isn't just about pot politcs, it's about his right-wing form of libertarianism, as well.

What Mark said was reprehensible and needs no real response.

Pseudonymous,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
LOL

okay then nevermind. I'd bitch about not being able to burn, but shit man... at least he's not getting it IDB right? c'mon Emery..

aznfknpride,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
From multiple accounts I have heard, he is also a bit of a misogynist and slapping waitress' asses and asking your website to "show us your tits" isn't below him.

Pseudonymous,

reece

Mark said:
And every one of those starving people, in THIS county, completely there own fucking faults, there is no excuse to go hungry in this country.
I don't even know what to say. Your ignorance astounds me.

reece,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
It's as if the problem of hunger is simply not realizing that there are grocery stores and supermarkets.

jeffp,
Top Bottom