Manual Vape Thread

simba

@weedanwine
Indeed.
What put me off with the glass bat is that everyone seem to agree that a regular lighter works better than a torch. And I don't want to use a regular lighter. And the bowl is big...

Do you have one ? Can you comment on the use with a torch ? How's the bowl size ? Does it need ground material or a small nug can work ?

I don't have one, I've got a hand-carved, bronze sherlock and used to have a painted one. Soft flames are crap for VG IMO and even the maker has had a change of mind considering they stock torch flame lighters now.

The bowl size on the glass bat never looked big tbh, well nothing on that unit looks big 😂 I never got one as it seems too small so worried about how hot it would get.

Contrary to @Flower of empathy I never grind my material for my VG, just break small bits off by hand. And I've put small nugs in before and then break them up a bit after a few hits occasionally. But small bits roughly done by hand is my usual. My hand-carved lives in one of my bags and is my ultra reliable travel vape.

Flower of empathy

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Accessory Maker
That glass bat seems to have a bit smaller diameter but longer bowl than the vg pipes or coil i'd suspect? - there is only one shop in EU that has some stock of the normal pipe left, not much to choose....
It took a while to find the right soft flame lighters for the pipe - a well filled 'clipper mini tube' is the way to go, complete game changer for me :rockon:

coolbreeze

Speaking of glass Vapor Genies, the Sherlock is fantastic. It's so easy to use it feels like cheating and the vapor quality is that of a glass Brick. Best thing is the heater fits any 18mm bowl and scales up to lungbuster with no effort. One of the finest direct-torched vapes for sure.
IMG-7755.jpg

Rodney

My first manual was the 2016 Dyna M. Prior to it, tried to FC with a Vapor Bros unit. The manual ritual, vapor density, and heat made it more like the pipes & Js I was so used to. Next year upgraded to the Omni and rocked that for a long time 🥳

this was my first manual vape also but i sent it back as I never had a clue how to use it back then. I think i will get another at some point.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Speaking of glass Vapor Genies, the Sherlock is fantastic. It's so easy to use it feels like cheating and the vapor quality is that of a glass Brick. Best thing is the heater fits any 18mm bowl and scales up to lungbuster with no effort. One of the finest direct-torched vapes for sure.
IMG-7755.jpg

Someone on Instagram was selling one for only $25, I remember wanting one way back when, tempting though I am pretty done now and know I would never actually use it lol

coolbreeze

Someone on Instagram was selling one for only $25, I remember wanting one way back when, tempting though I am pretty done now and know I would never actually use it lol
I don't use it a lot but it's pretty fun--I've used it with my @CDXX Pipes Convectorium and it'll drive that without a hitch. I could see it being a DD for someone, though, cuz it's so easy.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Feels like a bit of clarification is in order. When you say manual, do you mean flame-driven unregulated or do batteries count (ie Toad, Milaana, etc.)?

In the meantime, I’ve posted this guy before:

Not in general rotation but on the nights I want a quick, self-inflicted uppercut and can’t be bothered to deal with the Anvil, this will very much do.

Quartz heaters deserve more love. As does TRWW for almost single-handedly populating the niche.

coolbreeze

Feels like a bit of clarification is in order. When you say manual, do you mean flame-driven unregulated or do batteries count (ie Toad, Milaana, etc.)?

In the meantime, I’ve posted this guy before:

Not in general rotation but on the nights I want a quick, self-inflicted uppercut and can’t be bothered to deal with the Anvil, this will very much do.

Quartz heaters deserve more love. As does TRWW for almost single-handedly populating the niche.
Battery powered manual vapes count
Sure, why not? I was thinking more flame-powered but unregulated vapes require you to engage them to a similar degree. I use an intuitive method to time my Brute which is very manual feeling. Besides, I'm sure I'll forget and post something too! ; )

Man, that Convection Cap looks awesome on the glass body!

coolbreeze

About time someone started mentioning the Lamart Piro. It's excellent with hash and even smaller than the Vapman.
Man I love the Piro. It's kind of like one of RWW's clever glass vapes refined to absolute perfection and then dressed up as a gorgeous little brick. Love that it uses a joint and basket for a really great sized bowl (and a bigger one just below), and that it can drive any size glass or even just a straight stem. It's so easy to use and it's got a huge temperature range due to the usual factors plus the long, curved intake. What a great vape!

186°

Sure, why not? I was thinking more flame-powered but unregulated vapes require you to engage them to a similar degree. I use an intuitive method to time my Brute which is very manual feeling. Besides, I'm sure I'll forget and post something too! ; )

Man, that Convection Cap looks awesome on the glass body!
Don't forget solar powered (I hope I get that to work soon) :D

Radwin Bodnic

There is also the ‘18mm Killer Quartz Cap’ from GVB. Does anyone have it and can say something about its functionality and performance?
This is a beast.
It works really well. I still can't get over that I had to sell mine.
Fun to use, superb flavor, huge clouds. It's a really minimalist vape, just what you need : a thermal battery.
Be sure to get a strong kitchen torch to go with it. The blazer big buddy used to do a great job with mine. Lab test tube clamps are also very useful with it.

I'll skip the elev8r and go with the EMK if I was looking into that kind of vape.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
This is a beast.
It works really well. I still can't get over that I had to sell mine.
Fun to use, superb flavor, huge clouds. It's a really minimalist vape, just what you need : a thermal battery.
Be sure to get a strong kitchen torch to go with it. The blazer big buddy used to do a great job with mine. Lab test tube clamps are also very useful with it.

I'll skip the elev8r and go with the EMK if I was looking into that kind of vape.

Yeah it is great, thread needs more activity!

Interesting, thank you! I have a Blazer Big Shot and a Prince GB-2001, so plenty of thermal battery here. I’ll check it out, thanks! :tup:

coolbreeze

I don’t really have any idea about the elev8er, but that thing looks like fun. Does it basically work like the Terpcicle, for example?

There is also the ‘18mm Killer Quartz Cap’ from GVB. Does anyone have it and can say something about its functionality and performance?
He's also made a 24mm Killer. Not sure I've torched that one yet, but both are excellent heated by coil:
IMG-6453.jpg

Top Bottom