Manhunt in Boston for 2 armed suspects, officer down

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1cnl3y/armed_assailant_on_mit_campus_gunshots_fired/

From the live audio feed: MIT Officer shot and his firearm was stolen. [Small Edit] Officer is on his way to the hospital [Mass General]. No update on his condition. MIT is also updating their emergency site with news.
EDIT 11:26 EST: They have a photo of the alleged suspect.
EDIT 11:27 EST: Heard a Black Male in all black clothing.
EDIT 11:32 EST: NBC just reported the shots on TV. No new info there.
EDIT 11:33 EST: There was a robbery at a near by 7-11 (Dark Skin White Male 5'11' 200lbs, black top). Could be related?
EDIT 11:40 EST: Woman reported on the ground screaming/crying. Male that was with her just walked away. [Unrelated, thanks /u/dontgotmilk]
EDIT 11:42 EST: Image from the scene. Warning blood.
EDIT 11:44 EST: Possible witness.
EDIT 11:47 EST: /u/philsmith24457 points out they mentioned a mini excavator [Unrelated]
EDIT 11:59 EST: Reportedly a group of Black males. 1 in a gray hoodie, in his early 20's, heavy set. 2 in black hoodies. Firearms present. [Unrelated].
EDIT 12:04 EST: from /u/TheFightingFarsi : NBC Connecticut reporting MIT Officer has died. (grain of salt till for now)
EDIT 12:07 EST: MIT updated their emergency site with news. Police are searching the campus, stay indoors.
EDIT 12:12 EST: Removed links to emergency site to prevent Reddit DDoS. Thanks /u/Some-Internet-Guy
EDIT 12:13 EST: Boston Globe Editor confirms MIT officer death.
EDIT 12:16 EST: /u/TheFightingFarsi has more info on the MIT officer.
EDIT 12:17 EST: [Unrelated] Black male with grey hoodie put his firearm in the front pouch. Please stay inside tonight.
EDIT 12:23 EST: It seems like the MIT officer was the only one involved as of right now. No students have been reported harmed. Seems like a case of wrong place, wrong time. Will continue updating if any new information comes up.
EDIT 12:26 EST: Dark Skin White Male from 11:33 was mentioned. He has a gotee.
EDIT 12:28 EST: Black Mercedes SUV car-jacked in the last 30 minutes. 2 Middel-Eastern males with firearms. PLEASE don't be related to the bombings Q.Q License Plage - 137 NZ1
EDIT 12:30 EST: More images from MIT.
EDIT 12:32 EST: The filled up with gas, payed cash. Car took off to Harvard Square.
EDIT 12:32 EST: Car owner is fine, escaped while they were filling up.
EDIT 12:34 EST: MIT updated their emergency site again. Police continue to sweep the campus.
EDIT 12:35 EST: Driver of car-jacked Mercedes displayed firearm to police.
EDIT 12:38 EST: I was disconnected from the live feed.
EDIT 12:40 EST: I got the feed back.
EDIT 12:41 EST: MIT updated their emergency site again. The shooter remains at large, police continue to search the campus. Please REMAIN INDOORS until further notice.
EDIT 12:45 EST: /u/speedbreeze has a summary in multiple languages. They have fact-checked info, where I relay what I am hearing on the feed.
EDIT 12:47 EST: /u/sceptre886 mentioned the car stolen is a Mercedes ML-350. Tag number 137 NZ1
EDIT 12:49 EST: Shots fired in Cambridge. Shots and Explosions in Watertown.
EDIT 12:50 EST: Shots fired. Grenades spotted.
EDIT 12:51 EST: More shots, explosion. Grenade went off.
EDIT 12:55 EST: Officer down. Explosives at scene. 94 Sproose Street??
EDIT 12:56 EST: Reports of a stolen state police truck. Black, 4 door.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: thesoloman

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
update, one arrested, white hat guy is on foot, they've lost him, but have a point of interest right now. one MIT officer confirmed dead, one suspect in custody but my understanding is he's been shot and alive

Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
3 15- three suspects apprehended in a cab, all three middle easterners, red backpack on hood as well as alaptop. i think it's a fucking terrorist cell working together, holy fuck i cannot believe htis is happening HOLY FUCK

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY ALL TRAIN STATIONS WATER TOWN NEWTON BELMONT CAMBRIDGE, ALL BUSINISSES SHUT DOWN EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS, DO NOT CONGREGATE OUTSIDE, BUSINESSES TO MONITOR MEDIA

this just in

Quetzalcoatl,

way2

The news here in Boston isn't saying that. They have the body of suspect 1 with gunshot and explosive damage to his torso. Suspect 2 still loose in a residential area.(watertown) Everything is shut down for the search. I hope they catch him alive.

way2,

way2

Police are actually going door to door in Watertown!! Crazy...

Edit: here comes the National Guard!! And bring out the dogs!!

Edit: suspect 2' s identity released! He's a 19 y/o Cambridge HS grad!

way2,

Armerad

Dabbin'
This is crazy. Does anyone know of a good site besides reddit to stay up to date on this? I'm at work and reddit is blocked.

Armerad,

Armerad

Dabbin'
So what is this about a suicide switch and a bomb in a basement? I can't find that online.

Armerad,

FrogBoy138

It was something said on that live feed the dead guy has a suicide switch on him so they think this other guy could have one. they also said he posted on line that he was going to kill everybody because they killed his brother. I think the rocket was in a basement of some house they searched. Nothing else was said about it nothing I guess.

FrogBoy138,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
From what I've read, they've closed down the live feed from the police scanners. Probably too much info was being leaked that would help the guy.

momofthegoons,

way2

This is crazy!half the state has been shut down. Im working and it's really eerie there is no one around.

way2,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well, #1 is dead and it looks like #2 is cornered, wounded, in a boat in someone's back yard. Game over.

t-dub,

lwien

Listening to that scan feed is listening to this as it's happening. They're asking for more lights on the boat and calling in a negotiator.

lwien,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

lwien

Oooops...............they just said that the down link feed is being broadcast on the internet. They said they want to close it down but that they can't.

lwien,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom