Managing/collecting/transferring tips-concentrates?

zenmasterofzinfandel

The conc 4 noobs thread is now 2k+ posts, doesn't seem to me to be a well organized source of info, imho.

I did not know what terms I would use to search on this, if it has been done before.

I had conv with the conc expert BT @Free From the Earth in Santa Ana recently. We both agreed on what a PITA concentrates are to manage/collect, various states of 'user friendliness', changes in consistency from one form to another and over time.

You could have a thread on various means of storage short-term/long-term and you will get a plethora of opinions on that alone...just go read some MJ forums on curing flower- alone....heated debates abound.

What I'm having problems with is moving my concentrates from container/packaging (parchment paper, glass jars of various shapes, etc). I have all types of hash, rosins; and they all vary in consistency. Seems ice wax, given enough time post manufacture, lose moisture? and get very hard/sticky but shattery...ya need a pick axe to remove some of them from glass 1g jars that are so prevalent.

So I thought a general thread on tips how you do it will be good for advanced as well as noobs.

I have some ideas & will post pix later. But throw up anyway you find most useful. I realize it is highly dependent on how you ultimately consume the concentrate (I do not use a nail, only vaporize and lower temps for my own perceived health benefits/harm reduction).

Almost need to post up video, as sometimes just multiple images are not the best way to explain issues with concentrates.

I LMAO, when I was 1st digging into this hash rosin from French Cannoli, almost like real sugar taffy candy, it continued to stretch to 2X that length to the thinness of a spiderweb thread:

FC-rosin-taffy by zenmasterofzinfandel, on Flickr

zenmasterofzinfandel,

weenstoned

There's nothing unhealthy about low temp dabs on a nail. That is also vaporizing.

weenstoned,

subway13029

i honestly try not to transfer much at all from one storage container or parchment to another but when it is gooey and sticky like that and when i do the same thing you are doing with your dosing capsules i get what i want on my dabber and sometimes i have to torch my dabber and melt the concentrate into the capsule or if it shatter i will use my hands..lol..but i live in a humid and hot area so mine is usually sticky and gummy..i need to get one of those heated dab sticks..

subway13029,
Top Bottom