Making oil from ABV using alcohol - UK

MileHighHuman

Unfortunately I do not know. Everclear is way up there in its proof rating, so you would not need too much. Just enough to cover the finely ground ABV. Seal it up in a jar and let it sit for 3-5 days, shaking it vigorously a couple of times a day, and then filter it through a coffee filter. If you want a really compkete extraction you could then soak the ABV again in fresh Everclear and combine the two batches. I presume you are familiar with Everclear. It will burn the hell out of your mouth and esophagus, so you'd want to take as small an amount of it as possible. Therefore you might want to boil off as much of it as possible to make the final tincture. Be sure to do so using electric heat in a very well ventilated area, otherwise it could explode. I am guessing that being 25 feet up on the air is not the high you had in mind. I :)

I feel covering it up will work as well.

i knew ever clear was strong (95% alcohol) but i wasn't sure how much 1 shot of it would effect my throat/stomach.

Thank you for the safety tip too :nod:

By winterising everything first, and using properly cured product, qwiso extraction can work brilliantly....
Certainly not harsh....
I used to get very tasty, very strong results...
Nothing to indicate that it's full of chlorophyll...
It's all about that first quick wash...

And a good purge....

As for avb, is there any chlorophyll left there anyway...????

There is definitely still chlorophyll in ABV. Now the amount just depends on the vape, temperature, etc as I'm sure you know.

I think the reasoning for you success with qwiso washes is probably because your doing them correctly. Like you said good first quick wash. And good purge. The chlorophyll doesn't get extracted as fast as the terps/thc/etc, and therefore the chlorophyll didn't make it into your final qwiso extraction

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Maplins have it. In the customer questions below, it is revealed that it is minimum 97% the other 3% are "impurities left over during the manufacturing processes". Ive asked for a data sheet.

They must have changed stock them because a year ago when I requested a spec sheet, it showed 99.9...

I buy lab grade now online. Far cheaper....

kellya86,

Gazaam

I think there is chlorophyll left because it does not evaporate during the vaping that creates the ABV. Of course it might be denatured in some way by the heat used to vape, but in any case I believe it will be pretty foul if you try to vape it. If the AVG was properly vaped, there will not be much pharmaceutically active oil in the AVG so it helps if you can heat it, most commonly under reflux, or just boil it as in RSO to extract what is left. While THC is somewhat soluble in etoh, it is not very soluble because etoh is reasonably polar and THC is not. However the etoh WILL dissolve a lot of polar organics such as amino acid and denatured chlorophyll out of the ABV. That is the reason for winterization. I am not sure if qwiso will work well using ABV because the THC content of AVG is a whole lot less than fresh bud, and theoretically contains no tricomes. It is an apples to oranges comparison. If you want to try qwiso on AVB, I suggest you finely grind the AVB before starting.

Gazaam,
Top Bottom