Making Cannabutter with Samuel L. Jackson

Smokey

Cloud Master
Since I got no response I went for self-teaching (as everytime in my life), yesterday I took the whole thing and put it back in my Bimby and added more butter and a bit more of abv, when I get home later I'll check the results...

Smokey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Smokey, sorry no one got back to you. It just seems to me that you may have started with a small amount of abv and butter. What I usually do is a pint sized mason jar full of abv (approx. 2 - 3 cups) to 2 sticks of butter. I end up with about 1 stick of cannabutter. Fear not though, smaller amounts still work. Have you measured how much butter you ended up with?

momofthegoons,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I still haven't seen the results, I'll check 'em later when I get home from work...how many grams are 2-3 cups of abv anyway? And here we don't have sticks of butter, we have pieces of butter that are 250grams. So if I didn't misunderstand are 25 sticks of butter since a stick is 10g, am I rite? Thanks for response :)

Smokey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Two sticks of butter here are the equivalent of one cup of butter (226.8 grams :o ) That would explain why you ended up with so little butter using only 20g of butter. Since I use this method, you can use more abv to butter than the oil method, since you are also adding water. This allows the cannabutter to get nice and strong. General rule of thumb is 1 part abv to 2 parts butter, but like I said, since water is added, you can put in more abv.

I would just keep at it until you have a decent amount for cooking. If you have more abv, start a new batch, rather than re-cooking the butter you've already made, then just add the batches together. Hope this helps.

momofthegoons,

Smokey

Cloud Master
momofthegoons said:
Two sticks of butter here are the equivalent of one cup of butter (226.8 grams :o )

That explains the whole misunderstanding I had!! xD Soooo....If I use like 100g of butter I would use 50g of ABV....but since you are tellin me that using water I can increase the amount of abv I suppose that for 100g of butter I would use like 70g of abv. Am I on the right road now? :p sorry for the incompetence goin on here hehehee and many thanks on helping me to wipe away my doubts.

Smokey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Yes, I think you are going in the right direction. :lol: No worries about incompetence. This isn't an exact science. I've found my butter turns out differently every time, especially in strength. My last batch was scary strong.

Funny story (well, sort of...). I had given some of the last batch of edibles to a friend of mine, who shared them with her son and his partner. She, unfortunately, didn't pass along the information about only eating half. The partner didn't know they were edibles and grabbed one first thing in the morning on an empty stomach on the way out the door to a business meeting with one of their biggest customers. He got off just as the meeting started and could only stare at the floor. The son kept mouthing, "What is wrong with you?" Worse yet, since it tasted off, he had given what he didn't want to his dog! The poor dog couldn't walk and the poor partner might be swearing off herb because of this.

momofthegoons,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Oh god!!! Hahahahaha that's insane!!! But thinking about his face during the meeting makes me really laugh ahahah Giving edibles to unaware people is so sick, but definitely hilarious.
Gonna try my edibles during week end, don't want to risk coming in office while totally stoned...hahaha never tried to eat cannabis, I'm really looking forward to this experience.

Smokey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well start slow. The effect is different than that of vaping or combusting. A little more "intense." It's hard to describe. I find myself feeling very anxious if I eat too much, but it can be very enjoyable if done at the right amount. I use my edibles mostly as a sleep aide.

In any case, hope you have fun. Come back and let me know how it went. :)

momofthegoons,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Made about 10cookies with 36grams of butter. Tried one yesterday and 1,5 hour later Me and my girlfriend started to feel the effects. Very intense high that lasted 4-5 hours, couldn't stop laughing at one point, then started to feel tired and got a nap. The taste was nothin particular though as I did not add notin but flour,butter,milk,bit of salt.
Next week I'm going to a concert and I'll surely bring couple of them!!

Smokey,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Im on batch #5 of my chocolate chip-less chocolate chip cannabutter cookies.

24g's of ABV into 2 sticks of butter makes me 24 ccokies @ 1g/cookie.

1 whole cookie knocks me on my ass every time. I normally eat 2/3's of one lol it still amazes me and everyone who eats them how good/strong they are!!

and im still trading my dealer back cookies towards new bud :lol:

JDSupreme,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Ok, I'm so fuckin' confused now xD
You used 24grams of ABV into 2 butter sticks (according to mom they're like 226,8grams)?

Smokey,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Are you talking about weight of the butter? Once its all boiled down and done I get about 3/4 cup of butter per stick I threw in (each stick starts as 1 cup). I dont know what the weight is. My recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of butter I think. A little extra butter never hurts.

So by mom's #'s I am using 24g's into like 450 g of butter. But I prob end up with around 375g's of cannabutter. I dont count the weight of the abv cause it gets strained out.

My ABV has bits of green in it still and its ALL killer bud to begin with.

JDSupreme,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Yeah 24g of abv in 450g of butter, but mom told me to put half the weight of the butter, so I would put like 250g of abv in 450g of butter....that sounds messed up though compared to your dosage....xD losin my mind......maybe cause I'm a little bit vaped?

Smokey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Smokey, I think the whole aspect of grams to cups to ounces is messing us all up. :lol: I got the weight info from a conversion chart on line. Let's just make it easy. Basically it's 1 part abv to 2 parts butter. You can put in more abv if you want, because using water increases the liquid volume in the crock pot.

But, it sounds like you got good results the way you did it. If it aint broke, don't fix it. :D

edited to add:

JDSupreme....how the hell are you, you motherfucker?!? I haven't seen you around much. You too busy sucking on that PA charged LB?

momofthegoons,
Reactions: vorrange

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
momofthegoons said:
JDSupreme....how the hell are you, you motherfucker?!? I haven't seen you around much. You too busy sucking on that PA charged LB?

Ya ive been motherfuckin busy out and about. Im a forum whore in the winter when I cant get out and fish lol. Got me a c-9000 so ive found my love for 2700's again ( i swear i get better flavor from batts, might be all mental tho). I was taking the PA with me everywhere but it stays at home now.

But back on topic I think 1g of ABV per cookie is the perfect amount. I cant imagine some of the shit people cook up on here with a QP of ABV into 5 brownies and shit lol im good with my Sam Jackson Flight Cookies :p

JDSupreme,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Hahahah yeah I really find it hard to understand this manner of measurement involving cups and spoons xD I'll keep on improving my last recipe then! Thanks!!

Smokey,

GNubz

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been meaning to add my input on this site because my love for vaporization knows no bounds but before I go on about that I have a question about making some cannabutter. I have a lot of ABV saved up from the past year and this method with Mr. Jackson seems like a great idea. I feel like it would be completely fine but I thought I should ask some experts- can I double the recipe? To make it more clear, if I use a large enough pot can I make a batch using 4 (or more?) sticks of butter. I feel like this method will work out great so I might as well make a lot of cannabutter while I'm at it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
-Griffin

GNubz,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I think there shouldn't be any problem in doubling the doses as long as you have a pot large enough :D
The more, the better!!

*edit: fuckin'grammar

Smokey,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
GNubz said:
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been meaning to add my input on this site because my love for vaporization knows no bounds but before I go on about that I have a question about making some cannabutter. I have a lot of ABV saved up from the past year and this method with Mr. Jackson seems like a great idea. I feel like it would be completely fine but I thought I should ask some experts- can I double the recipe? To make it more clear, if I use a large enough pot can I make a batch using 4 (or more?) sticks of butter. I feel like this method will work out great so I might as well make a lot of cannabutter while I'm at it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
-Griffin

My last batch was a double batch. Worked great! I used about 50g into 4 sticks of butter. Ended up getting about 4 dozen cookies

JDSupreme,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
My last batch was also a double batch. I just used half of the cannabutter and stored the rest in the fridge for future use.

momofthegoons,

GNubz

Awesome! Thanks for the quick responses. I made my first batch last night and it took longer to boil down that I thought it would (a little over 5 hours) but I think I'll be more than happy with the final result. It's currently chilling in the fridge. I'm hoping to be decently wrecked at the Tribe game tonight. By the way, this website is packed full of so much useful information, I've referenced it countless times, and turned other people onto it. I really need to start posting more.

GNubz,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
considering how long it takes (I got my water level in my jumbo pot down to a science :p) I will be making double batches from now on. Start to finish (not counting overnight in the fridge) im around 5+ hours from ABV to cookie

JDSupreme,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Made some butter last night with about 36 grams of abv and fine ground leaves and trimmings. Used like 70grams of butter, it went very smooth, and ended up with a cool green butter. Used the dark brown water to boil some pasta, it turned darker colour. Then added a small amount of butter in the pesto, that was a nice lunch :D me and my girlfriend really enjoyed it, the high was intense!
*edit* added pics

This is the muttafudging butter
CB_002.jpg

This is my muthatruckin' pasta.
CB_003.jpg

:cool:

*edited img urls*

Smokey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Looks like you've got it down Smokey!

Word of warning.....I made some brownies a while back that were my strongest batch ever. I had added some kief into the mix before baking. I've eaten several of these brownies and had no problem. Apparently the kief did not mix in thoroughly. I had one the other night, of which I gave my husband less than a quarter of the brownie. We both had terrible experiences. Apparently, there must have been a big kief concentration in this one brownie. He told me he had had the spins and paranoia for a majority of the night. I laughed it off thinking he was a rookie. I had just had a good night's sleep, as usual. I did notice that I was especially tired and spaced out the next day. But, the weirdest part was that I didn't totally get off until almost 24 hours after eating the brownie. I, having eaten 3 times as much as him, can now see why people call 911 thinking they are dying. No joke. I had vertigo so badly (that came on so quickly) that I thought I was having a stroke or severe neurological issues. When I described what had happened to my husband ( to make things worse, I was alone at our cottage when this happened), he told me it was the same thing that had happened to him the night before. We were both incapacitated, and not in a good way. It has totally turned me off edibles. Now, I'm no rookie. I've been using for 45 years and have done edibles multiple times. Never have I had an experience like this. And hopefully, never again. So, the moral of this story is be careful when you dose yourself. Baby steps until you know what you got!

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom