Making Canna Beer

DasBlunt

Made a batch last night. Some top quality hops and some amazing skunk.

anyone else tried?

DasBlunt,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
I have experimented with brewing with cannabis, it adds great taste and it works similar to hops as its' plant family is similiar.

The times, I did before I used low grade and High alcohol beers. Strong weed Ales. It will decarb some just not a great amount. I sold all my brewing equipment before i got a chance to make a batch with some ABV, easy to siphon off.

Ratm22,

NiceLungs

Account Closed
I've been homebrewing for about 5 years and I used to work at a brewery. A guy I worked with made a 5 gallon batch with ~1/2-1 oz of weed, I forget the exact amount. He said it tasted great.

If I were going to do a cannabrew, I would just throw a bottle of Master Wu tincture in there. In fact Master Wu recommends adding the dose of tincture to a beer for quicker absorption anyway.

NiceLungs,

kusanagi

Minister of Hats
Hops and Cannibus are related.
I've heard of a beer garden where they serve the house brew through a specially designed tap where the Hop-less house beer is filtered, just before it leaves the tap, through Hops; giving it the freshest hoppy taste. Maybe the same could work with cannibus. Surely it is not very efficient, but on a large scale (like a beer garden or a busy micro-brewery) it could work. I'm imagining, in the holding tank before bottling, the beer could have hops and weed soaking in it. The small amount of alcohol should strip off some of the THC and such. The large amount of weed required may make this cost prohibitive, but it could be either repeated or the cannibus could be dried and made into a tincture to fortify subsequent batches.

kusanagi,
Top Bottom