Make-a-Vape!

Ven

Praying Mantis
Make your own vaporizer, you can be completely original, or just change an exsisting vape, pics prefered :D. I came up with this thing while being quite vaked.

The Triple Days:

tridayscj8.jpg

PS: They don't have to make sense, be price effective, look good, or even work well haha, this thread is about having fun guys.

Ven,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
heres come competition!!!
2zqsf4k.jpg

:brow:

Someone should really try this... fish bowl? Gas mask? Plastic bag? --- wait no... :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

jklasd

wow that be a great vape, but def dont like the volcano at the end of it ;) i say put an ssv and you got a deal.

jklasd,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Well the Volcano has forced air.... that is kind of the point. You could have a carb hole in the 'dome' as well....

I guess and Extreme would work just as well to be honest!!!

SpiralArchitect,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
This an idea is taken from the PD thread:

Hello all,

Today I was using my PD and I was holding the stem up to the the heat exchanger, but not even putting it in. This still worked pretty well, and made me wonder if a device could be created to have hot air on demand (maybe somehow like the PD) allowing it to be used with any pipe/water-pipe/etc by smashing the tip of the unit into parts of the bowl that don't appear to be finished and drawing hot air out of it past them (until you're satisfied or it all goes through the hole as a virtually dead brown powder).
Here is another one from the VHW thread (one of them :p ):

Is it perfect? No. I agree with Aristotle that perfection is an unattainable state towards which we can only strive (the allegory of the cave).

I have actually been thinking about some possible future trajectories for phyto-inhalation aromatherapy devices (in addition to the development of better hand-held/portable devices, compatible battery packs, and more oil-friendly units). One idea seeks to further concentrate the vapor inhaled (particularly for those seeking large/concise dosages). I have been toying with ideas for a unit that would heat up a small sealed chamber filled with herbs/oils to the desired vaporization temperature without allowing the water or oil vapors to be released. Once the desired temperature has been achieved, the contents of the chamber (concentrated/pressurized vapor) would be released into the larger cooling area or pathway simultaneously (rather than requiring the recipient to repeatedly draw/force hot air past the herbs/oils to vaporize them). I am not sure about the feasibility of such technology, but thought that this example would help justify my answer.

Ramble, ramble, ramble... :rolleyes:
Sorry for no pics. :( As you get to know me, you will surely see, that I agree, a picture is worth a thousand words, but the thousand words is the way for me :D (Woah, must've gotten possessed by the spirit of Dr. Suess again! :lol: )

Toke it creatively! :cool:

Progress,

Frickr

camp.png

heres what i came up with. being in a process tech class i have been sort of thinking if it would be possible to use water to heat your vape, so heres what i came up with. would need a small pump to curculate the water in the system, but a small battery powered pump could work fine.

Frickr,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
nteresting, but wouldnt water really hinder the process? liquid water doesnt go above 212f which is only a little more than half the amount required for cannabinoids, the water wold most likely just suck the heat out of the rest of the system

please correct me if im not following the right line of thought as to how this design would work
from what i can tell youre looking at using steam?

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Frickr

well water boils at 212. but the steam itself can be superheated well into the thousands of degree range. im in a processplant program right now, and we have been studying boiler systems like are in refineries and powerplants, and this is the same method they use just simpler and smaller. with a small thermostat much like the one on your car motor, i think you could acurately control to process.

Frickr,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
yes, i was thinking that any water or condensation that collected along the vapor or heating path could throw a wrench in the works

interesting design though, would certainly help with the "dry air" problem, seems a bit more like an extraction apparatus than a vaporizer to me though (the hot steam passes through the herb, boils the cannabinoids, is condensed, then the resin is strained out) as human lungs arent to great at processing hot steam

sorry for being a wet blanket, please continue with the thread :D

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Frickr

it would all be a closed system instaed of using some sort of electrical resistor to create heat, im using steam to heat a heat exchanger which the air passes over. i guess its easier for me to look at and figure out since its what im going to school for and have to look at every day, and i was the one that painted it out haha

Frickr,
Top Bottom