Maine Concentrate Prices dropping insanely!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've been out of the country for five months--Newfoundland, CA--and am getting ready for return so started looking at the offerings at my favorite dispensaries in Maine: Seaweed, Jar, and Landrace. I can't believe how prices have dropped since my last buying foray from NH to Maine in April. Badders and resins that were $50-60 and now $25-35. Rosins that were $60-75 are now $35-50. Grams of shatter can now be had for $10-15.

Its clear that there are way too many growers and dispensaries for the population of the state, even taking into account all the summer tourists. The nearest Maine decent sized town to me, Bethel (approx. population about 5,000), has like six medical and five recreational dispensaries there are nearby. I hope the good places with the highest quality products don't get wiped out by either the cut rate stores or by big national outfits.

Only problem now is I just can't vape the stuff fast enough.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I don't agree with all of this, but I don't have to, so why bother picking apart... the result is what matters most, correct? and your "problem", one that I also possess, is what many can only dream of sharing...

Peace bro, glad ur happy!! ✌️ :peace:

Edit: I highly recommend to those interested in Maine medical cannabis, to spend time scouring r/Mainetrees... it's prolly the best small but tight, local "trees" sub in the country.... a really good core of some very smart people are still quite active there... there's lots to learn. They also generally like using Weedmaps up there and not Leafly, but the best way to access mmj is thru a "Caregiver", fuck storefronts ftmp....:tup:

Last edited:
Bologna,

Madtater

I've been out of the country for five months--Newfoundland, CA--and am getting ready for return so started looking at the offerings at my favorite dispensaries in Maine: Seaweed, Jar, and Landrace. I can't believe how prices have dropped since my last buying foray from NH to Maine in April. Badders and resins that were $50-60 and now $25-35. Rosins that were $60-75 are now $35-50. Grams of shatter can now be had for $10-15.

Its clear that there are way too many growers and dispensaries for the population of the state, even taking into account all the summer tourists. The nearest Maine decent sized town to me, Bethel (approx. population about 5,000), has like six medical and five recreational dispensaries there are nearby. I hope the good places with the highest quality products don't get wiped out by either the cut rate stores or by big national outfits.

Only problem now is I just can't vape the stuff fast enough.
Prices are dropping in MA as well.

I read a Rumor a few weeks ago that there is too much stock and no one is buying it….i dont know how true that is though.

staircase slight of hand

Yeah, Oregon rosin prices plummeted over the last couple years as well. Turns out that once you’re at full production capacity, it’s no more expensive to produce top-shelf rosin than it is to produce top-shelf live resin. I feel a little bit bad for the folks that thought $65 grams would last forever, but it turns out farming is [shockingly] a race to the bottom. Who could have guessed?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Its clear that there are way too many growers and dispensaries for the population of the state, even taking into account all the summer tourists.
We need the Federal prohibition removed and interstate commerce allowed in the cannabis industry.

So many consequences, so many people hurt, all still fallout from some paranoid war on drugs. And I'm talking now about folks on the "legal" side of things and the still manic ways we deals with cannabis culturally.

JBone65

Excellent news from Maine, Massachusetts and Oregon! Everyone knows there are way too many growers in Ok as well. It's heavenly..... :razz: The increased competition should favor growers that deliver higher-value products to customers over time, but questionable growers and dispensaries are everywhere so it's buyer beware.

JBone65,

Madtater

We need the Federal prohibition removed and interstate commerce allowed in the cannabis industry.

So many consequences, so many people hurt, all still fallout from some paranoid war on drugs. And I'm talking now about folks on the "legal" side of things and the still manic ways we deals with cannabis culturally.
Agree 100%

The only issue with that is that certain states in the bible belt will NEVER legalize it. So removing the federal classification will do nothing as they won’t allow it to travel through their states.

But removing it would be a start. At least then the coastal states could trade.

Madtater

The Losers! The ones who still prohibit alcohol?
Yet another reason they are flyover states, to many.
Ya. I am not super sure why they feel the need to tell people what they can and what can’t do.

Either way, the bible belt doesnt affect me so they can do whatever they want…..

Madtater,

JBone65

The 4 states I mentioned in post #7 means at least ~45M people are experiencing an increased level of personal freedom.

JBone65,

budski

cantre member
cannabis is benevolent and putting it on schedule 1 was not!!
the ONLY people (calling them human might be a stretch) who benefit are for profit private prison owners.

budski,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Tho, a lil wacky and maybe too, um, shall we say, "passionate" online (the Frost Factory owner/dude on Reddit) sometimes... He does usually make sense, as well as consistently grow some of the best flower in Southern ME, and has for YEARS, so, it's allowable/overlookable... :brow::
IMG-2434.jpg

:peace:

Last edited:

Pukka

To answer OP, the same thing happened here in New Mexico. Concentrate prices came down, then flower prices and now it's like it's the mid 90's again. People are complaining about a rec store on every corner like Starbucks, but afaic competition makes the consumer grow happier.

Pukka,

Ariwe

Yesterday I picked up:
  • 2 grams dry sift hash bar – $40 (with discount.)
  • 1 gram bubble hash – $20
  • 1 gram shatter – $15
Fairly crazy prices and also awesome to be able to buy dry sift hash as I've never had it.
Loaded a little in my Vapman and it was quite good!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I've hit these guys up twice now... 1 oz "mix and match" live resin for $300...? Can't beat it this close to the border... awesome owner, too:
I still have a a fair bit of lr (and carts) to use up but I'm running low on flower and I hate buying MA crap, so I'm waiting for the the new stuff and the $400 an oz cured hash rosin to come in....:rolleyes::drool::peace:

Edit: this is/was my old "Caregiver", also a great dude with truly TopShelf products but he's a lil more expensive (with good reason) and I'm currently enjoying this more "budget friendly" mostly single source stuff rn:
Sweet menu pics, tho, and pretty much all usually up-to-date...!

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've hit these guys up twice now... 1 oz "mix and match" live resin for $300...? Can't beat it this close to the border... awesome owner, too:
I still have a a fair bit of lr (and carts) to use up but I'm running low on flower and I hate buying MA crap, so I'm waiting for the the new stuff and the $400 an oz cured hash rosin to come in....:rolleyes::drool::peace:

Edit: this is/was my old "Caregiver", also a great dude with truly TopShelf products but he's a lil more expensive (with good reason) and I'm currently enjoying this more "budget friendly" mostly single source stuff rn:
Sweet menu pics, tho, and pretty much all usually up-to-date...!
You lucky med people! Meanwhile just a few minutes ago I checked prices at one of my favorite rec sites, Seaweed. Prices are still dropping. They've got gms of their own live resin and budder for $18 and lots of stuff for $25. Biggest surprise is the premium brand Gele, whose budders are as good as the best rosins and which was still at $40 last month, is now $25 gm. Their rosin is still high at $50-70. Nonetheless, As I've said elsewhere: Its the Golden Age for us old dopers.

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
You lucky med people! Meanwhile just a few minutes ago I checked prices at one of my favorite rec sites, Seaweed. Prices are still dropping. They've got gms of their own live resin and budder for $18 and lots of stuff for $25. Biggest surprise is the premium brand Gele, whose budders are as good as the best rosins and which was still at $40 last month, is now $25 gm. Their rosin is still high at $50-70. Nonetheless, As I've said elsewhere: Its the Golden Age for us old dopers.
Nah, you just gotta get hooked up with the colonel, Colonel Lingus, or whatever his name is on reddit r/mainetrees.... think he calls his delivery service "clouded valley" or something like that... checkout weedmaps. He usually has great products at reasonable prices for rec, or so everyone says, and has said for years on mainetrees. I've never purchased thru him before though but it may be worth looking into... There are some truly world-class producers right at your fingertips all around Portland.... honestly, waaaaay better than Seaweed, imo....:peace:

Edit: There are delivery services that do either or both, rec and med, all around southern maine... but pretty sure weedmaps gets (or got) the lionshare over leafly... and this is not to say I don't like Seaweed, I've enjoyed whatever I've had by them over the years, which granted isn't a huge amount.

Last edited:
Bologna,
Top Bottom