Magical Butter vs. Everything Else

Swong

Hey Texas - LEGALIZE IT!!
So I'm getting into making my own edibles, and I'm trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and buy one of those fancy machines out there to make my life a little easier. Magical Butter seems like a good option, but I feel like I can do that on my stove too. Is it really worth the investment? I know there's other stuff out there too, like Kleen Extract, but I can't tell if that's a machine or just alcohol, which I completely don't understand the process to use.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Swong,
Reactions: killick

killick

But I like it!
If I was doing it all over again I'd probably start with a Green Oil Machine or other type of desktop alcohol reclaim unit. The MB machine is very helpful, but it can be replaced with pot crock and an immersion blender.

Kleen Extract, afaik, is an alcohol substitute. I have no experience there, sorry.

killick,

Swong

If I was doing it all over again I'd probably start with a Green Oil Machine or other type of desktop alcohol reclaim unit. The MB machine is very helpful, but it can be replaced with pot crock and an immersion blender.

Kleen Extract, afaik, is an alcohol substitute. I have no experience there, sorry.
Have you heard anything about The Source? I think it would be considered an alcohol reclaim unit, from what I can tell on their site and a YouTube video. It's expensive though ($500!!). It's actually how I found this forum, but I can't seem to find one to check out in person. Monsoon has a whole thread about it, no solid feedback yet though.

Swong,

killick

But I like it!
Sorry, I know nothing about the source. GOM is central to my herbal breaking bad lab tho...

killick,

sickmanfraud

In my opinion, it is an unnecessary and expensive toy. I know that others will be unhappy, but I have been making tinctures for over 3 1/2 years (2 -4 per month).

I use PsychedelicSam's tincture recipe found over at Grasscity. This technique uses a decarb in the oven at 240 F for 40 minutes then a freezer and freezing ethanol.

The MBM can't do what I would want done.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: TomC1315

Swong

In my opinion, it is an unnecessary and expensive toy. I know that others will be unhappy, but I have been making tinctures for over 3 1/2 years (2 -4 per month).

I use PsychedelicSam's tincture recipe found over at Grasscity. This technique uses a decarb in the oven at 240 F for 40 minutes then a freezer and freezing ethanol.

The MBM can't do what I would want done.
I'm looking to create my own edibles, but not cookies and gummies necessarily. A friend gave me some oil that he made from the Source, and I used it to make gnocchi with some white sauce — it was amazing. So if I can do that without spending $500, great, but you're right, I don't think Magical Butter Machine will work for me. Looks like it's only good for butter.

Swong,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Magicalbutter maker is good for oil, butter and tinctures. I don't know if the tincture method works with it. I personally haven't used it for that. The method extracting using coconut oil I've used a few times. You need to run it through I would say four times at least to get it potent enough. Some folks are decarbing in the oven. 240 degrees for an hour.

I just made the freezer method of making tincture using @sickmanfraud 's above recipe from grassity at it seems to work. I just spent last week making a tincture. Check out the tincture threads if interested.

Top Bottom