Magic Butter Machine, booze infusion?

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
I have made butter, oil, and tincture thus far with the machine but based on a recent conversation and herb infused rum (usually takes 6months in a bottle to make) I wondered with the magic butter machine in the same way with alcohol we make tincture could I speed up the process and make herb infused run?

Anyone tried or had experience with the magic butter maker and booze?

They have a few recipes on their site for egg Nog and stuff but everything else drink related reframed from giving the details on how to use the machine to infuse the alcohol itself.

Any help is awesome and I thank you in advance. Just looking for more ways other then inhaling to help friends with medical needs and also myself as I have a few.

luckypucky,
Reactions: killick

killick

But I like it!
I've used the MB to infuse demerara rum. Same as tinc - I decarbed first and gave it an hour at low heat. With the 2e I'd likely run it for an hour at low, let it sit overnight, then run once more and call it good.

Now I just add a shot of tincture to drinks. Some wines actually mix very well with herb. Also tequila is extra smoky.

killick,

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
I've used the MB to infuse demerara rum. Same as tinc - I decarbed first and gave it an hour at low heat. With the 2e I'd likely run it for an hour at low, let it sit overnight, then run once more and call it good.

Now I just add a shot of tincture to drinks. Some wines actually mix very well with herb. Also tequila is extra smoky.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking and I've added tincture to drinks before. Which is why I was curious of an alcohol only infusion.

Decarb? With ABV i heard it's not essential to do?

Also what is the process doing? That seems like I'm losing by cooking it before even putting it in?

I will try anything so whatever you know helps :)

luckypucky,

killick

But I like it!
With ABV you are correct; no decarb needed. I can't recall precise numbers but there is a lot of active ingredient left in ABV. I started making butter with it, and them switched to ET, and now it just seems to happen while my mind is listening to it's own wierd soundtrack, but I tend to use an oz or two's worth of ABV, whenever mt 1/2 pint container gets full. Drop that into MB, pour 750 ml or more of your fave booze (start with cheap stuff. You can always put it in an expensive bottle afterwards, right?) Run it for an hour at low heat, let it sit for a few hours, and then run for another hour at low heat. Filter through a coffee filter once or twice, and you should be good to go.

killick,

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
With ABV you are correct; no decarb needed. I can't recall precise numbers but there is a lot of active ingredient left in ABV. I started making butter with it, and them switched to ET, and now it just seems to happen while my mind is listening to it's own wierd soundtrack, but I tend to use an oz or two's worth of ABV, whenever mt 1/2 pint container gets full. Drop that into MB, pour 750 ml or more of your fave booze (start with cheap stuff. You can always put it in an expensive bottle afterwards, right?) Run it for an hour at low heat, let it sit for a few hours, and then run for another hour at low heat. Filter through a coffee filter once or twice, and you should be good to go.
Awesome! Thanks Killick! I really appreciate the breakdown explanation.

Switched to ET? Edible Tincture?

luckypucky,

killick

But I like it!
EThyl Alcohol - Everclear, Spyritus, any 96%+ alcohol. I tend to make concentrates most of the time now, and just add that to anything. Infusing booze is much easier by just adding a couple of squirts of tincture, instead of committing to a whole bottle. A whole bottle would make for a pretty camping trip tho :)

killick,
Top Bottom