Made rosin from good herb. Rosin doesn't get me medicated at all. Where did I go wrong?

rendar1970

So I just got a slug33 rosin forge and this thing is amazing. I'm averaging about a 27% return. However... there is some thing wrong.

So I pressed until I had 1g of rosin. Then using wax liquidizer in the suggested amount I made some juice and filled up an empty pen cartdridge. Functionally it works great and I'm getting lots of vapor. But it has almost no effect.

Now the herb I used is good. I can load my sticky brick Jr (which takes like .15g) and get to about a 7. I made my rosin with herb from the same jar. But I can hit this pen every few seconds for hours at a time and never get to more than a 2.

Where did I mess up? Did I over heat the rosin too much during the press and lose all the active thc?

Why would dry herb vaping .15g get me good and stoned but hitting a pen with 1g of rosin from the same herb do nothing?

Thanks guys!

rendar1970,

420democrat

So I just got a slug33 rosin forge and this thing is amazing. I'm averaging about a 27% return. However... there is some thing wrong.

So I pressed until I had 1g of rosin. Then using wax liquidizer in the suggested amount I made some juice and filled up an empty pen cartdridge. Functionally it works great and I'm getting lots of vapor. But it has almost no effect.

Now the herb I used is good. I can load my sticky brick Jr (which takes like .15g) and get to about a 7. I made my rosin with herb from the same jar. But I can hit this pen every few seconds for hours at a time and never get to more than a 2.

Where did I mess up? Did I over heat the rosin too much during the press and lose all the active thc?

Why would dry herb vaping .15g get me good and stoned but hitting a pen with 1g of rosin from the same herb do nothing?

Thanks guys!
Liquidizer makes it a lot less potent and short lasting ime
Try a real mod and some serious puffing on it and it'll get you to where you wanna go before you know it

rendar1970

Liquidizer makes it a lot less potent and short lasting ime
Try a real mod and some serious puffing on it and it'll get you to where you wanna go before you know it

What do you use instead of liquidizer then? Because I cant just put rosin in a RTA. It's too thick and just clogs.

Or do you mean just dropping a glob of rosin straight on a coil on in RDA and basically dabbing.

rendar1970,

420democrat

What do you use instead of liquidizer then? Because I cant just put rosin in a RTA. It's too thick and just clogs.

Or do you mean just dropping a glob of rosin straight on a coil on in RDA and basically dabbing.
The liquidizer mix should do good with a rta or any mod, from reading your post I assumed you're using the little cartridges that never did much for me when using ejuice, If you're just after potency I'd try a pen for straight rosin or using terps in your rosin and trying something like the bubbleman trinity
Liquidizer has its place but it's never really given me more than a 5-6

420democrat,

rendar1970

Correct. Yeah my original intention with making rosin was to make some juice I could fill those little cheap pen cartdridges with so I had a super small setup to take with me on go.

I've bought some from a dispensary before and they were ok. Could get me to a 5 or 6 like you said. But the ones I made only get me to like a 2 despite the herb being good. So I just assumed I did something wrong when making the rosin.

I just thought if the herb is good enough that dry herb vaping a small bowl gets me good and medicated that 1g of rosin from the same herb would do the same. But it's like it lost all potency.

So wasn't sure if I overheated the rosin and lost all the potency, if the wax liquidizer did something, or if those little pen vapes and cartdridges like you get from a dispensary just are not that great.

rendar1970,

rendar1970

rendar1970,

thedeserttortoise

I'm a total noobe so this question might be just plain stupid.. But.. Did you try some of the raw rosin to verify whether it had potency or not? If this is a dumb question please let me know so that I can educate myself further.... I hope to get into dabbing and pressing my own flower soon and would like to be sure I'm heading in the right direction... many thanks...

thedeserttortoise,

rendar1970

I'm a total noobe so this question might be just plain stupid.. But.. Did you try some of the raw rosin to verify whether it had potency or not? If this is a dumb question please let me know so that I can educate myself further.... I hope to get into dabbing and pressing my own flower soon and would like to be sure I'm heading in the right direction... many thanks...

I don't have a dab rig but I did just try some the rosin in my old firefly vape. And it was amazing.

So I started thinking and tinkering with my ejuice. I noticed it was super thick. So I added a little bit more of wax liquidizer. So diluting it even more. Which should have made it even less potent.

However it's now getting me really medicated. I think the mixture I made before was just too thick for those cheap little disposable cartdridges that it wasn't actually vaporizing anything. Now I'm getting more vapor and it's getting me medicated. Still no where near as good as the straight rosin, but this was an experiment to make a tiny little disposable pen I could bring with me to weddings and other stuff. So it's doing what I needed.

thedeserttortoise

@rendar1970 ... so cool my friend. Your post has led me down the path of rosin knowledge and hopefully production. I can see that with a heated press it seems rather straight forward.. But.. A press is really expensive.. I think I'm going to try the alcohol method of extraction as I have almost all the components on hand to give it a try.. I'm glad your gaining ground on your endeavors.. May the rosin gods be with us...

thedeserttortoise,
Reactions: seaofgreens

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
If you or your partner has a hair straightener, and some parchment paper, you are good to make some rosin. Not expensive at all. You just squish maybe .2-.3 at a time. You can still squish out a gram+ of wax within a half hour of work. The bigger plates/hydraulic press and a controller is just for more precise temperature control and larger amounts of herb being able to be squished at a time. Both of which are worth it of course, but by no means required to make rosin.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
The liquidizer mix should do good with a rta or any mod, from reading your post I assumed you're using the little cartridges that never did much for me when using ejuice, If you're just after potency I'd try a pen for straight rosin or using terps in your rosin and trying something like the bubbleman trinity
Liquidizer has its place but it's never really given me more than a 5-6

Can you help me out with a great tip again 420?
What Atty & watts do I use to not burn my Bubble Hash?
I have both DNA & EVIC mods with Ceramic Donuts & Quartz coils?

tennisguru1,

420democrat

Can you help me out with a great tip again 420?
What Atty & watts do I use to not burn my Bubble Hash?
I have both DNA & EVIC mods with Ceramic Donuts & Quartz coils?
Always start low for bubble hash beyond that I'm uncertain on wattages/temps when dealing with concentrated and ejuice I never really exceed 25-30w

Funny how liquidizer/shatter batter works
When you try to make it super heavy no effects but diluting it more you get medicated it's all about finding a balance I actually use a little more liquidizer than the bottle sugggests and end up with a solid color light gold ejuice when I don't dilute enough you see separation and clobs

420democrat,

Oil Sheik

I have Hebe Titan for herb , I didn't like it.
but for rosin , I got an I Stick Power Nano & Yocan wax rig w/ doughnut coil.

I have been very happy with the Yocan because I can dial my dosage and very portable.

Oil Sheik,
Top Bottom