Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

Oneweb

Has anyone tried the factory second stem? I want to upgrade from the 2020m as I find it too short. I don’t want to spend more than $200. I was thinking of the Omni XL for $190 or a factory second with 2021 Vong tip and maybe the low temp cap for around $200. I would hate to make the investment and get a really poor unit.

Also, anyone using the Wand with the Revolve? Which tip/caps do you like?

Oneweb,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have a Revolve that was considered a factory second and I can't really tell the difference. It is a black one and the problem may have been a coating issue, but after a good cleaning I can't really see any difference in performance between it and my Rainbow Revolve.
In purchasing one I suppose it might lean on why it is considered a second, but I doubt @Brenyo would let one out that didn't perform well.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Has anyone tried the factory second stem?

Love my pre-order black Revolve so much that i instantly stopped using my other stems...
So i ordered two factory seconds to revolve more Dyna-tips.
Came in this week (rainbow and raw Ti) and they look awesome.
Had to search for the imperfections and only found some very minor finishing flaws in the fins. The coating on the rainbow is very nice, no chipping to be found.
Must have a very strict quality control at MAD heaters (or i was lucky but even then i'm quite sure that they don't send out units with performing problems).

Some suggestions for a Revolve 2:

1. Change the closed airport symbol on the control ring from /●\ to |●|.

In DRC mode, the symbols' design language is very smart:

Open – Arrow towards the tip – The air flows towards the tip and then back into the mouthpiece

Bypass – Arrow towards the mouthpiece – The air immediately flows into the mouthpiece

That the airport closed symbol is so similar the the bypass symbol, I find quite confusing.
In dim or very bright settings, it's hard to distinguish between them.

Having two straight lines like this |●| is also more consistent with the design language.
There is no flowing air, so there shouldn't be an arrow.

2. Shape the airport hole on the outer body and on the inner spiral like a teardrop.
The wider part of the teardrop sits on the left side.

Firtsly, this makes adjustments to the air intake more precise in general.
There is no step from much to litte air intake as with the current airport, but rather one progressive setting.

Secondly, that the outer body also has the teardrop shaped hole makes holding and feathring the airport more versatile.
With a circular hole you can only hold and feather "on or off" reliably.
With the teardrop shaped hole you can angle your finger to microadjust air intake as you hold or feather.

Thirdly, the teardrop's wide side is situated on the left side, because that's the direction the air takes when in Direct Bypass mode.
With this orientation the teadrop shaped airport will create more suction a bit further down the spiral, which accelerates the flowing air more quickly.

Squidge

Butane powered
...2. Shape the airport hole on the outer body and on the inner spiral like a teardrop.
The wider part of the teardrop sits on the left side.

Firtsly, this makes adjustments to the air intake more precise in general.
There is no step from much to litte air intake as with the current airport, but rather one progressive setting.

Secondly, that the outer body also has the teardrop shaped hole makes holding and feathring the airport more versatile.
With a circular hole you can only hold and feather "on or off" reliably.
With the teardrop shaped hole you can angle your finger to microadjust air intake as you hold or feather.

Thirdly, the teardrop's wide side is situated on the left side, because that's the direction the air takes when in Direct Bypass mode.
With this orientation the teadrop shaped airport will create more suction a bit further down the spiral, which accelerates the flowing air more quickly.
And will this teardrop shape work as well for left-handed people as it will for right-handed ones?

ibnganja

love my revolve -- but one issue I'm having with the GLASS stem is that a lot of the tips I have pop off so easily, from gentle tugging on the cap even.

What can I do to make the fit more tight?

also, side note, anyone selling a single ti-body? I dont need the cooler or anything, just wanna try the ti before I buy a few factory seconds lol. I love the look of the ti! but I love seeing the vapor through theglass

ibnganja,

rvarick

love my revolve -- but one issue I'm having with the GLASS stem is that a lot of the tips I have pop off so easily, from gentle tugging on the cap even.

also, side note, anyone selling a single ti-body? I dont need the cooler or anything, just wanna try the ti before I buy a few factory seconds lol. I love the look of the ti! but I love seeing the vapor through theglass
Nothing much to add, other than that I had the same issue with my glass body. I know people have wrapped cotton or hemp fiber under the o-rings on the tip to help with loose stems, but I've not had a ton of success in getting this to work (or look) great personally. I wish someone made slightly bulkier o-rings as an option.

rvarick,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Some suggestions for a Revolve 2:

Many thanks for the suggestions! :tup:

The symbols are being reworked now, we've got this feedback from a few customers already. I hope we can make it even easier, so it's more visible on the blacks as well.

The teardrop airport is only used by one manufacturer as I know, so we'll try to stay away from that shape. I think the current one is also a progressive setting regardless of the shape, but it looks more like it with a teardrop, I agree on that. We'll try to think about a different shape that could help with this :)

also, side note, anyone selling a single ti-body?

Sorted in PM, if anyone has similar issues then please try to change the o-ring to the ones came with the Revolve. If that doesn't work then it's likely a too wide diameter glass, please get in touch with me. The glass won't be as tight as the Ti body unfortunatley, but the tip shouldn't slide out in normal conditions.

I wish someone made slightly bulkier o-rings as an option.

It could be done, however it's very expensive to make a custom size. It would have another issue when you'd like to use it with a Ti body - you'd have to replace the o-rings again. Please send an email with your order number so we can sort out your glass 🙂 Thanks!

Nice.
The teardrop airport is only used by one manufacturer as I know, so we'll try to stay away from that shape. I think the current one is also a progressive setting regardless of the shape, but it looks more like it with a teardrop, I agree on that. We'll try to think about a different shape that could help with this :)
The current airport is sort of progressive now, but could omit increments altogether.

In my opinion a teardrop is the perfect shape for this because it progresses evenly and covers lots of shapes, from a half circle to only a tiny triangle.

There's also the aerodynamics argument considering the spiral innards of the revolve.

Most importantly, a teardrop is as intuitively easy to feather as airports get.
Very simple and fool-proof to feather varying degrees of air intake.

I'm aware Simrell uses a teardrop airport.
I don't understand how it's a con, though.
To my knowledge and in my experience, his airports work great.
They are user-friendly and functional.

I can't inagine he has patented that shape or that such a thing is even possible.

Amyways, if you really don't want a teardrop, I suggest a rather high isosceles triangle with its base to the left.

This is the second best thing.
It has all benefits of the teardrop, just to lesser extent.
It effectively mimics the right cone-shaped size of a teardrop.
In turn, you lose the functionality of its left half-circle side.
Other than that, they work the same.

lugaschfuckcombustion,
Yes Austyn patented the ornamental aspects of the Simrell stems. Bren isn't going to step on toes anyway.

"CLAIM The ornamental design for vaporizer body, as shown and described." Granted Patent D/699,921
Thanks for the info.

Well, his design is not exactly a teardrop, because it doesn't have a sharp edged cone side.

Austyn's airport has the oval shape merely for performance reasons as claimed by himself.
So I do find it quite questionable to subsume his airport under "ornamental elements".
This is likely rather meant to patent his logos on the device.
But I can understand that nobody wants to risk a patent dispute.

As for stepping on toes, the airport is an integral part of the design on almost every dynavap stem.
Countless stems have circular holes and rightfully nobody is bitching about copycats.
I know that Austyn has made a name for himself accosting other, especially smaller makers with ridiculous product claims.
I wouldn't give in to such pressure preemptively, if I had the chance not to.

Of course, Brenyo's opinion on all of this is what counts.

Last edited:
lugaschfuckcombustion,
Reactions: almost there

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I know that Austyn has made a name for himself accosting other, especially smaller makers with ridiculous product claims.
That is the reason I don't own any Simrells and never will. Everything Austyn has ever said is captured in patent applications.
Now prove a teardrop air regulator in a device more than 20 years old and it is no longer new and novel.

relaxativas

Just got my factory second titanium stem today, as well as the reload, got the pre order extras for the stem too which was a nice surprise! It doesn't look factory second to me, it looks great! :)

I'm soaking it right now in iso, after that's done I will try it out for a session! It'll be fun to try out the different air flow options, a new experience to me, only having used the basic M 2018 and 2019 until today.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Just got my factory second titanium stem today, as well as the reload, got the pre order extras for the stem too which was a nice surprise! It doesn't look factory second to me, it looks great! :)

I'm soaking it right now in iso, after that's done I will try it out for a session! It'll be fun to try out the different air flow options, a new experience to me, only having used the basic M 2018 and 2019 until today.
Get ready for your honeymoon 'cause you've just found the one!
:cool::brow:

floribud

Yes Austyn patented the ornamental aspects of the Simrell stems. Bren isn't going to step on toes anyway.

"CLAIM The ornamental design for vaporizer body, as shown and described." Granted Patent D/699,921
I never practiced patent law, but it appears that patent is for the body design as a whole. That makes sense since Austyn is probably worried about knock-off or any device that could be confused with the Vortex. If he wanted to patent the teardrop airport, I believe there would have to be patent just for the airport. The Revolve is a very different looking device from the Vortex/MVS, no one comparing the two is going to say they look identical from any angle ... regardless of the shape of the airport.

Having said that, it seems to make business sense for MADheaters to come up with their own unique shape.

BTW I love the spinning mouthpiece or more accurately the spinning body, since you can very easily hold the mouthpiece with between your pinky finger and you palm and then use your thumb and index finger to rotate the tip. My rotates really smoothly. I don't need the rotation since I only use induction heaters, but it's still kind of fun to hold it and spin it like your lighting it with a torch... it sits on my desk and I reach for it and use it as kind of a "fidget spinner" while I'm doing zoom meetings....

ibnganja

has anyone tried putting a TRRW cooling unit in? I saw the post on reddit and had to try it. The Revolve is already so freakin cool and fluffy vapor that I am not sure if it makes a difference but I think it does via a certain je ne sais quoi. lovely stuff!

FROMTHE6IX

has anyone tried putting a TRRW cooling unit in? I saw the post on reddit and had to try it. The Revolve is already so freakin cool and fluffy vapor that I am not sure if it makes a difference but I think it does via a certain je ne sais quoi. lovely stuff!
I tried it, you don't need it, the revolve is already endgame and smooth, you're just blocking airflow,

Link to the patent with images. Seems pretty vague, maybe I'm missing something. :shrug:
It may protect him from exact copies, which is fair. Anything beyond that in this context GTFO imo.

Patents or not I think the Revolve is a vastly superior design to the Simrell.
I like the company too.

Sweet stems...
I agree, simrell has nothing on mad heaters revolve, that is true Innovative, vortex is just a copy of the rogue wax work inside condenser, the revolve is so complex and engineered perfectly.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I never practiced patent law, but it appears that patent is for the body design as a whole. That makes sense since Austyn is probably worried about knock-off or any device that could be confused with the Vortex. If he wanted to patent the teardrop airport, I believe there would have to be patent just for the airport. The Revolve is a very different looking device from the Vortex/MVS, no one comparing the two is going to say they look identical from any angle ... regardless of the shape of the airport.

Having said that, it seems to make business sense for MADheaters to come up with their own unique shape.

BTW I love the spinning mouthpiece or more accurately the spinning body, since you can very easily hold the mouthpiece with between your pinky finger and you palm and then use your thumb and index finger to rotate the tip. My rotates really smoothly. I don't need the rotation since I only use induction heaters, but it's still kind of fun to hold it and spin it like your lighting it with a torch... it sits on my desk and I reach for it and use it as kind of a "fidget spinner" while I'm doing zoom meetings....
Bren is the one with skin in the game - he's made a good call. Personally, I like the airport as-is. I block it anyway and I get zero leaks. I'd hate for a changed design to affect that.

Hawkson

Just received my revolve today, have only had chance to use it a couple of times but so far it seems cooler than the simrell. Factory second rainbow with a couple of minor defects tbh I only have the ti stem so the lot isn’t bricked if I break the glass.
Got an extra glass body and direct flow thrown in thank you so much Brenyo. It’s a thing of beauty indeed, can’t wait to try it out a little more. Made this account just to say thank you.

Top Bottom