lungs burning from iolite

drp0004

I've been using my iolite for about two months now and my lungs feel like they are burning. I use to smoke out of a piece and my medicali bong for 2 years and my lungs never felt burnt.

I have a feeling that my lungs feel this way because I hold the vapor in longer than i held the smoke in from my piece. Ive tried to attach a foot long plastic tube to the end of my iolite to relieve some of the burning sensation, but it doesn't work.

Anyone have a any insight. Anything would help. would swithching to a volcano be better (the vapor would go in the bad and have time to cool before i inhaled it)

thanks alot!

drp0004,

max

Out to lunch
I'm surprised the iolite is causing your problem. It doesn't get into the high temp range, nor does it provide really big hits. A lot of people add a length of tubing to the iolite. You might try that. My lungs rejected smoke years ago and have been fine with vapor. Smoke is a lot hotter than vapor, so I'd be surprised if heat is the issue. If you're gonna try bagged vapor you may want to consider a cheaper vape than the Volcano, since vapor in a bag, temp wise, is the same no matter what model you use. A herbalAire would do fine and save you over $350.

max,

DaProfessor

I have experienced a really irritated throat a couple of times from using the iolite. It happened when I first got it and was experimenting with different draw speeds. If I take long fast draws, I get a really harsh throat hit from all the hot air. I find shallow long draws the most comfortable. It also vapes the herb more evenly.

DaProfessor,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I've found I appreciate the Iolite more when I sip cool water between draws. It really cools off things a bit for me.

Lo,
Top Bottom